RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
SoggyJocks

Not sure if i have FSD installed

Hello,

I had my xbox rgh'd for me sometime ago. I know they installed xexmenu, because I can see it in my games list, but I cant see anything about freestyle dash. The installation tutorials look pretty easy, but I read somewhere that if I install FSD when there is an existing installation, I lose all my xbla games etc.

Is there some way of telling if I have fsd installed? Should there be some menu option to launch it in my games list?

Alternatively, I think the installer I downloaded has a fresh install and upgrade option. If I cant tell if I have fsd or not, should I just launch the upgrade option? Would that do a initial install, even if I don't have fsd?

Thanks for your help

If you look in your hdd via xex menu you will see a folder named fsd if you have it installed, if its not there then I would say its not installed. 

As for the loss of XBLA games I have no idea as I keep all my games on a external. If you have means to back up your games then I would recommend doing so just in case.

Can I ask, how is it that people would normally launch FSD? I know that you can set it to launch FSD on start up, but if you hadn't chosen that option how would you launch it manually?

I think I am just going to take the risk and see what happens

Use xex menu, look in hdd1 for a folder called F3, Freestyle, or FSD. open the folder and launch the xex file. Installing freestyle again will not delete your xbla. You would just have to download all your covers again.

Can I ask, how is it that people would normally launch FSD? I know that you can set it to launch FSD on start up, but if you hadn't chosen that option how would you launch it manually?

We do it with an app called Dashlaunch. Otherwise you're forced to use dashes like xexmenu to browse the box for the xex. Don't think quickboot worked for fsd. And a god wouldn't.