RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
flaviochief

I need help with FakeAnim

I'd like to restore the original xbox 360 boot animation.
To uninstall FakeAnim I just need to delete it?
And once I delete it, all I have to do is to move the bootanim.xex to the xbox 360 flash right?
Thanks. I just want to make sure I don't screw things up.

yes

I try to move the bootanim.xex from my external hard drive back to the flash and it says, on freestyle dash, "operation failed" on top of the progress bar.I'm on dash 16203, if I update to 16537 will the bootanim.xex be installed? o.O

A new image with one of the xexbuilds will for sure. I think the only way you'll get it back from an official update, is by updating the dash with a MS update, which you DO NOT want to do. Fairly certain it's not replaced when you update only the avatar crap.

A new image with one of the xexbuilds will for sure. I think the only way you'll get it back from an official update, is by updating the dash with a MS update, which you DO NOT want to do. Fairly certain it's not replaced when you update only the avatar crap.

You are correct.

He can either build a new image (recommended) or manually put bootanim.xex in the Flash: partition.