RealModScene
gangrel_1313

Downgrade Xell-Reloaded

I'm not able to load from DVD with the latest Xell-Reloaded (0.993) and until swizzy checks it out or whatever, I was wondering if its possible to downgrade Xell? For example renaming a older version to updxell.bin?

Edit:  Well I decided to be the guinea pig and it apparently doesn't work that way, I renamed the older Xell-Reloaded 0.991 version to updxell.bin and it said it updated successfully and to reboot, but I can't get to xell now, I guess I will have to flash the nand backup and that should fix it. Live and Learn.

Let me know if it works, I accidently flashed xell ( 0.993 ) twice and it said it updated successfully so I rebooted and no xell anymore. I tried to reflash with computer but  

now it can't find the flash controller! Controller worked before. I hope it's not some BUG in the new xell 0.993

Let me know if it works, I accidently flashed xell ( 0.993 ) twice and it said it updated successfully so I rebooted and no xell anymore. I tried to reflash with computer but  now it can't find the flash controller! Controller worked before. I hope it's not some BUG in the new xell 0.993

I could still boot to Freestyle, just couldn't boot Xell, Reflashing the nand fixed Xell (to the state it was with Xell 0.991), If you have a nand backup and can get to F3, use a nand flasher like Nandflasher360 and flash from Freestyle.

I think you can put old Xell version in nand image and just flash it again. Get old xell version and replace xell file in xebuild folder. Then make your nand image again and just flash it.

I'm not able to load from DVD with the latest Xell-Reloaded (0.993) and until swizzy checks it out or whatever

I'm This close to a fix -> <-About the updxell issue, probably related to Coronas... nobody mentioned that it doesn't work on those to me untill recently, i know sort of where the problem is, and it's going to be fixed in v0.994 along with the DVD issues...** edit: **I know exactly why it's not working now, and the reason is the same that causes hitachi's to freeze... i've fixed that part... after doing that however i found yet another problem, a couple of months after 0.991 was released the iso9660 support was swapped (the stuff that reads the contents of the disc) and it is not working much at all (crashing due to stack overflow, meaning it's trying to read more data then it can hold because it's to stupid to know when to stop reading) i will need to re-write the whole thing because the old code doesn't work anymore etheir as-is due to to many changes in the other parts of the libxenon code >_< Edited by Swizzy
  • Like 2

Ok, good to hear that the problem has been found.

Thx for keeping us up to date with the developments and Thx for all the work you put into this! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Alright, i now have iso9660 support partially working, it can load files from a CD/DVD but it cannot read folders on it

The updxell issue seems to not exist, or atleast i cannot recreate it... the most likely issue is that ppl don't understand what they're doing and use a different file then they're supposed to (xell-gggg....bin is for RGH type consoles, and corona is always RGH)