RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
JPizzle

XMPlayer V0.0.3 : a new version of the libxenon media player

We are proud to announce the arrival of a new XMPlayer version now in version 0.0.3 adding Corona video support! This video player is based on Mplayer (an Open Source Media Player), and after a long wait this new version bring Corona video support among a few other fixes…

Why using libxenon to make this? because even if SDK is more user friendly, with libxenon you can exploit the xbox 360 power with more efficiency (without all MS system’s cpu usage), as you have seen that with GliGli’s N64 emulator. Another cool point about developing on libxenon for a Media Player is the possibility to use NTFS Hard drive and so play files >4Gb which is impossible using the SDK (computer streaming don’t count). But remember, you can launch this application using dashlaunch with the ‘excecute’ feature.

You can follow the project on GitHub.

XMPlayer 0.0.3 – September 6, 2013

================================================================================

Changelog

================================================================================

Version 0.0.3:

- Fixed: Updated mount code to work with more usb devices (same as XeLL v0.993)

- Fixed: OSD bug

- Added: First binary release with Corona support!!

Version 0.0.2:

- Fixed: .avi files not playing after a .mkv, .mov or .mp4 file has been played

- Fixed: When entering a new folder « Item number/All item number » will not update until moving down on d-pad

- Fixed: When paused, the osd buttons (y, xbox, x) unpauses video, only (a) pauses/unpauses now

- Fixed: Osd_show_progression (x) only shows if osd-button (y) hasn’t been pressed before

- Fixed: Lb and Rb doesn’t seek -600/+600

- Fixed:The D-pad being buggy after a video has been played

- Fixed: Some bugs with osd displaying delay as -0 because of it being close to zero

- Fixed: Removed the 1 pixel-width line artifact in videos

- Changed: Osd-button (y) now switches from directly on/off, this means it only needs 1 press to full osd and not 3 presses

- Changed: When pressing the pause-button (a) progression will also show

- Changed: The page down icon now only shows, if there are at least more items than a page

- Changed: The ( B) button doesn’t exit to homescreen any more, it goes one level up, until root then goes to homescreen

- Changed: [extension.mp4] demuxer=mov to demuxer=lavf in mplayer.conf, lavf handles .mp4 files better than mov

- Changed: Updated libass to 0.10.0

- Changed: Ass/ssa is now subtitle default which means outline, color, scale etc. works -Changed: The audio delay option in osd is more logical, a audio_delay of 100 ms doesn’t mean audio is 100 ms before video (mplayer standard), but 100 ms after

- Changed: Replaced mxml with tinyxml, because of loading problems and it seems lighter

- Changed: Updated GUI with button indicators, changed page size from 10 to 15

- Added: « Restart » and « Shutdown » buttons

- Added: A « smart menu » that saves your last selection and path when exiting a menu or playing a video (resets between devices)

- Added: Resume-playback function: if you stop a video in the middle of playing, it will save last position and resume from there if desired (more than a minute of video has to be played)

- Added: All libmenu’s working functions available in the main osd, so libmenu will no longer be needed

- Added: Patch from mplayerdev’s mailing list which adds support for playing videos inside multivolume uncompressed rar files

- Added: If a .rar file loads, it now gets the extension of the archived file, so the true extension profile is loaded

- Added: The (back) button goes directly back to homepage

- Added: Sort files. By pressing (x) in the file browser, you can order by Name or Date (day/month/year)

- Added: ASS settings can be accessed from the subtitle osd menu

- Added: Set ass=yes and vf=ass in mplayer config. This means it can be disabled and subfont can be used if desired

Version 0.0.1:

-Intial Release

Known Issues

- Cannot seek in files over 2 gigabytes (split the files for now)

- Prolonged pausing causes audio to go out of sync, « fix » this by seeking once in the file

- ASS Subtitle handling can cause freezes and lag. If rand

om crashes in video occurs, set ass=no and change vf=ass to #vf=ass in config

- Playing .rar can be unstable, sometimes freezing XMPlayer

- If your subs doesn’t show all the characters, try a different font by replacing subfont.ttf in folder

- XMPlayer does not always mount usb (uda) even though it loads, reload XMPlayer and try again

- Endless loading screen: Try formatting using Gui Format32, or try placing xenon.elf and symbols.elf on root of xbox’s internal hdd. Place the folder on the root of a usb (ntfs, fat), and then run xenon.elf from the internal harddrive via Dashlaunch.

- Can crash while using play’n'charge kit

- Audio balance not working

- Pictures and Music are not supported

- No networking!

Install

- Copy all files to the root of an usb stick, launch it by xell or latest dashlaunch

Button Binds

#In File Browser

-A: enter

-B: up one level

-X: sort by

-Back: back to homescreen

-D-pad: direction

#In video

-A: pause/play

-B: exit player

-X: show progression

-Y: OSD/Menu

-Rb: seek 10 min forward

-Lb: seek 10 min back

-Rt: seek 10 sec forward

-Lt: seek 10 sec back

-Up: seek 1 min forward

-Down: seek 1 min back

-Right: seek 10 sek forward

-Left: seek 10 sek back

Settings

#Global

Exit action: Shutdown Button bind

Language: Menu language (English/French)

#Audio

Language: Set default audio track of video (i.e mkv with multiple languages)

Volume: Start volume

Soft Volume: Software volume boost

#Video

Frame Dropping: Set default frame dropping option

Vsync: Set default vertical sync option

#Subtitles

Color: Color of the subtitle (only when ass=yes, which is default)

Border Color: Color of the subtitle border (only when ass=yes, which is default)

Code Page: the encoding of the subtitles (latin, baltic, arabic etc.)

Language: Default subtitle language

Thanks to

Ced2911

Aioros

cancerous

GliGli

IceKiller

Juvenal

Natelx

Razkar

sk1080

tuxuser

[c0z]

siz-

Remember to support the xbox 360 legal homebrew community!

www.libxenon.org and #libxenon @ EFNet

Download and Source: http://www.homebrew-connection.org/xmplayer-v0-0-3-a-new-version-of-the-libxenon-media-player/

doesnt work.....

there is 2 elf files

1 is entering to the xmplayer and then a window pops up says ''files not found'' and entering me to XELL someting (blue screen with loading)

second is in the debug folder called xmplayer.elf and when I choose it the dash lunch freeze and nothing....

you have to extract the contents of the zip file onto the root of fat32 formatted usb drive, please read the read me it is looking for the files and cant find.

it also needs to run from xell the linux boot loader installed on your xbox. you should be able to boot your xbox up direct to xell by pressing the eject button to start your xbox.

doesnt work.....there is 2 elf files1 is entering to the xmplayer and then a window pops up says ''files not found'' and entering me to XELL someting (blue screen with loading)second is in the debug folder called xmplayer.elf and when I choose it the dash lunch freeze and nothing....

the "xmplayer.elf" in the folder _DEBUG is not meant to be run at all, it's used for finding the crash location when you have crash information (stackdump) using the command "xenon-addr2line" from the libxenon toolchain :) a.k.a. ignore it if you don't understand any of this shit :)
  • Like 1

the "xmplayer.elf" in the folder _DEBUG is not meant to be run at all, it's used for finding the crash location when you have crash information (stackdump) using the command "xenon-addr2line" from the libxenon toolchain :)a.k.a. ignore it if you don't understand any of this shit :)

succinct and straight to the point   :rofl:

Mine gets stuck at the initial loading screen.Anyone knows why?

Impossible to say exactly why without having a UART log or stackdump (which you don't have obviously)It's most likely crashing in the background, but you don't always see it with XMPlayer :(My advice: try a different USB memory

I try with two differents USB Pen Drives and no luck.

Don't worry, no problem.

Thanks fro your help =)

This is working wonderfully for me using this setup: mplayer folder is located at Hdd1:\Homebrew. I launch the .elf with dashlaunch. Videos are located at Usb1:\Video and can be navigated to in mplayer. Plays 720p nicely, haven't tried 1080p yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

This is working wonderfully for me using this setup: mplayer folder is located at Hdd1:Homebrew. I launch the .elf with dashlaunch. Videos are located at Usb1:Video and can be navigated to in mplayer. Plays 720p nicely, haven't tried 1080p yet.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

FYI. That can crash if the mplayer folder isn't on usb, because xmplayer saves last position of video in a file, so if you have exit a video after a minute of the video or before the last minute you will proberly get a stack dump (Red screen). Reason for this is that the libxenon fatx/xtaf library (filesystem of xbox) doesn't support write yet :/

Try formatting one of them with http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.exe

Didn't work =/

But the strange thing is, if I use the 0.01 version, it works, but the version 2 and 3 not.

Nevermind... there's no problem =)

EDIT: Is working!!! =D I tried with other pen drive i have and is working!

Thank you all for your help and time!