RealModScene
JPizzle

XeLL-Reloaded v0.993 with Corona Video support released!

no dice for me... the distro posted by darkmember999 also resets itself when trying to init x -and no wonder, after a binary comparison i noticed that it's exactly the same distro i already have- and gentoo complains about root not being correctly defined, and that's because i'm trying to run it from my external hdd instead of burning the image into a cd like i'm supposed to do (but i don't wanna! :p ). a frugal installation a la puppy/dsl would be awesome...  ironically enough, now i'm unable to run xell via xelllaunch (thing that i could do before) but i can now load it by turning on the xbox via the eject button (thing that i previously couldn't do)

http://file.libxenon.org/free60/linux/distro/ubuntu-10.10-xenon-beta5.zip <--- try this one (might be the one you already have, idk) i used it from a USB drive before... the tool i used to put it on my USB drive was this: http://www.linuxliveusb.com/

Is ver 0.993 missing something? When I boot to Xell from dvd button and it gets to the point where its "Looking for files on local media and TFTP" it doesn't appear to be scanning DVD.

I'm trying Mupen64 on DVD as a substitute for the usb, that's why I noticed it doesn't seem to be scanning for a DVD

Is ver 0.993 missing something? When I boot to Xell from dvd button and it gets to the point where its "Looking for files on local media and TFTP" it doesn't appear to be scanning DVD.I'm trying Mupen64 on DVD as a substitute for the usb, that's why I noticed it doesn't seem to be scanning for a DVD

It should find and mount any discs, i haven't tried it tho as i don't have any homebrew on a CD/DVD... but i'll burn a CD and test some :)

It should find and mount any discs, i haven't tried it tho as i don't have any homebrew on a CD/DVD... but i'll burn a CD and test some :)

Thanks, My last Xell-Reloaded did scan DVD before I updated Xell.

Do you have a Hitachi 0500 or 0502? if so this is a known bug which i have no idea how to fix right now (i don't have a hitachi slim)

I seem to be having a similar issue, though on a Falcon RGH2 install.  When my DVD drive is connect, Xell (v0.993-git-7466b6d) always hangs at this point:

* sata hdd initATAPI inquiry failedno ata device connected. * sata dvd initATAPI inquiry mode: HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR3120LSATA device at ea001200

Disconnecting the DVD drive allows me to continue past this point, get fuses, etc.

Would an older version of Xell resolve this issue?  Is there a way to configure Xell to skip sata initialization?

I seem to be having a similar issue, though on a Falcon RGH2 install.  When my DVD drive is connect, Xell (v0.993-git-7466b6d) always hangs at this point:

* sata hdd initATAPI inquiry failedno ata device connected. * sata dvd initATAPI inquiry mode: HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR3120LSATA device at ea001200

Disconnecting the DVD drive allows me to continue past this point, get fuses, etc.

Would an older version of Xell resolve this issue?  Is there a way to configure Xell to skip sata initialization?

Yes, older XeLL versions would go past it, i've fixed it in the next version tho ;) (waiting for some test results and having some time to fix some other bugs/problems aswell)

• Like 1

Yes, older XeLL versions would go past it, i've fixed it in the next version tho ;) (waiting for some test results and having some time to fix some other bugs/problems aswell)

Would it be possible to try out a version with the Hitachi DVD drive issue fix?  Or would that require building xell from the git repo?

I wasn't able to figure out how to use an older version of XeLL (J-Runner built my nand for me).  I'll try again after reading up more on the process, if needed.

Thanks for such a great tool, Swizzy

Would it be possible to try out a version with the Hitachi DVD drive issue fix?  Or would that require building xell from the git repo?

I wasn't able to figure out how to use an older version of XeLL (J-Runner built my nand for me).  I'll try again after reading up more on the process, if needed.

Thanks for such a great tool, Swizzy

You would have to build it using the official github repo with my branch (mine is experimental, when it's deemed a-ok it gets moved to the official one then i start doing more experiments :p the reports i've had so far suggests everything is working fine... but i haven't had time to work on it lately... maybe i'll make a quick release within a few days...

Swizzy, I'm having the issue with the freeze on Hitachi drive, I've tried to compile your branch from github (completely new to me) 

following the instructions on the Free60.org Site to install the Cross Compiler, LibXenon & Xenon Toolchain

git clone -b Swizzy (GitHub Project Address)

Cloning into 'xell'...

remote: Counting objects: 1178, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (663/663), done.
remote: Total 1178 (delta 533), reused 1119 (delta 504)
Receiving objects: 100% (1178/1178), 915.18 KiB | 711.00 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (533/533), done.
Checking connectivity... done
 cd xell
~/xell$  make CROSS=powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu-
Building xell-1f ...
Makefile_lv2.mk:10: /usr/local/xenon/rules: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/local/xenon/rules'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [stage2.elf32.gz] Error 2
make: *** [xell-1f.build] Error 2

So i'm obviously missing something, are you likely to get time to do an updated release, or could you point me in the right direction if its obvious on how to get this to compile.

Many Thanks

Edd

Swizzy, I'm having the issue with the freeze on Hitachi drive, I've tried to compile your branch from github (completely new to me) following the instructions on the Free60.org Site to install the Cross Compiler, LibXenon & Xenon Toolchain git clone -b Swizzy (GitHub Project Address)Cloning into 'xell'...remote: Counting objects: 1178, done.remote: Compressing objects: 100% (663/663), done.remote: Total 1178 (delta 533), reused 1119 (delta 504)Receiving objects: 100% (1178/1178), 915.18 KiB | 711.00 KiB/s, done.Resolving deltas: 100% (533/533), done.Checking connectivity... done cd xell~/xell$  make CROSS=powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu-Building xell-1f ...Makefile_lv2.mk:10: /usr/local/xenon/rules: No such file or directorymake[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/local/xenon/rules'.  Stop.make[1]: *** [stage2.elf32.gz] Error 2make: *** [xell-1f.build] Error 2    So i'm obviously missing something, are you likely to get time to do an updated release, or could you point me in the right direction if its obvious on how to get this to compile. Many Thanks Edd

You probably missed the part where you set the environment rules or something, etheir way... here's the last one i compiled: http://www.sendspace.com/file/617gmo it should work with hitachi's without freezing according to some reports i've had, but i've also had reports saying it doesn't solve the problem on phat hitachi's which also have the same problem... :( homebrew doesn't work etheir if they're trying to use the DVD so those needs to be recompiled aswellTo fix that part you'll need to do this: 

sudo bash -c "printf "export DEVKITXENON="/usr/local/xenon"nexport PATH="$PATH:$DEVKITXENON/bin:$DEVKITXENON/usr/bin"" >> /etc/profile.d/devkitxenon.sh"sudo chmod +x /etc/profile.d/devkitxenon.shexport DEVKITXENON="/usr/local/xenon"export PATH="$PATH:$DEVKITXENON/bin:$DEVKITXENON/usr/bin"

you could also use my complete script (it's geared towards debian systems tho): http://xeupd.com/.downloads/install_libxenon.sh

• Like 1

Thank You, I'll also have a look at your script I'm using a virtual machine so no biggie to install Debian on one. Cheers Edd

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Hi again, just wanted to give some feedback, the update works most of the time I still occasionally get a freeze at the same spot during Xell loading but a reboot seems to work. If you want anyone to test this issue give me a shout. I still had no luck compiling but I'm sure that is just my lack of Linux that are holding me back. 

Thanks again

Edd

Is the freeze issue now completly random or is there something you do differently to cause it? (open tray perhaps?)

If you go online on irc (efnet) and pm me i'll try to help you out setting up the compiling stuff... the script can be used with any debian based system... and it should be run as your normal user, you need to have "sudo" installed BEFORE you can use it tho...

I've used it myself setting up a XeLL compiling system in a virtual machine (using VirtualBox by Oracle) the system used was a Debian 7.0 installation disc...

Hello Swizzy...

Can you, or any other user here, reupp your latest compiled version (XeLL_Reloaded-2stages-v0.994.tar.gz) please? The File from Post #61 is not available at sendspace. I want to test it on my slim with freezing xell...

Thx

Hi! Help me please!

Install Xell-Reloaded v0.993 I have not loaded eject button Xell is what could be the problem? 
Motherboards corona.

Thank you.

Hey Swizzy

I am kind of stuck here. I have just updated software to 17150 using xeBuild_GUI_2.095 and I was thinking that Xell was going to be updated too when building the new NAND, but I still have v0.993 after the update. As you can see from this picture this version of Xell is presenting the known bug that makes it hang on SATA DVD discovery.

Where can I download a newer version like the one you provided on your last post /the link is now dead)? Could you point me to an easy guide on how to install the newer Xell?

Thank you.

post-42644-0-48558100-1429390115_thumb.jpeg

Hey Swizzy

I am kind of stuck here. I have just updated software to 17150 using xeBuild_GUI_2.095 and I was thinking that Xell was going to be updated too when building the new NAND, but I still have v0.993 after the update. As you can see from this picture this version of Xell is presenting the known bug that makes it hang on SATA DVD discovery.

Where can I download a newer version like the one you provided on your last post /the link is now dead)? Could you point me to an easy guide on how to install the newer Xell?

Thank you.

I didn't make it an official release, right now i don't really have it pre-compiled around either, there is a script i wrote that installs the toolchain for you, but you need to understand some linux basics before you'll be able to use it

I might be able to setup a virtual machine again in a few days or so and compile it for you again, all of the code is available on the official XeLL github: https://github.com/Free60Project/xell or Libxenon github: https://github.com/Free60Project/libxenon if not in the main branch, there should be one with my name on it which has all of my testing code

** Edit: **

To make absolutely certain the DVD bug isn't going to bother you, you can disable the DVD functionality by uncommenting this line: https://github.com/Free60Project/xell/blob/Swizzy/source/lv2/config.h#L14 and compiling with the latest Libxenon toolchain

** Edit2: **

http://pastebin.com/QhMj9eXF <--- This is the install script i mentioned above^

I didn't make it an official release, right now i don't really have it pre-compiled around either, there is a script i wrote that installs the toolchain for you, but you need to understand some linux basics before you'll be able to use it

I see. My Linux experience is very limited. I am usually very eager to learn new stuff, and compiling this seems like a very nice project, but as everything in life this is going to take some time for it to be done right and at the moment I have too much in my plate both at work and home. I feel that if I rush and do something wrong, it can screw up the 360, and that will bring sadness to me and my little daughter.

I might be able to setup a virtual machine again in a few days or so and compile it for you again

That would be amazing, and very kind from your part Swizzy. Is it easy to install?

I don't use Xell often, but sometimes I use the DVD drive to rip games using FSD3 so disconnecting or disabling the drive outside Xell is not a good option for me at the moment.

Thanks a lot.

I see. My Linux experience is very limited. I am usually very eager to learn new stuff, and compiling this seems like a very nice project, but as everything in life this is going to take some time for it to be done right and at the moment I have too much in my plate both at work and home. I feel that if I rush and do something wrong, it can screw up the 360, and that will bring sadness to me and my little daughter.

That would be amazing, and very kind from your part Swizzy. Is it easy to install?

I don't use Xell often, but sometimes I use the DVD drive to rip games using FSD3 so disconnecting or disabling the drive outside Xell is not a good option for me at the moment.

Thanks a lot.

If you only use my script to setup the toolchain and only change the line i mentioned (remove the 2 /'s) and of course use the appropriate .bin file there shouldn't be anything that gets messed up with this...

My script sets up almost everything for you, the things you have to do first is install the base system and sudo, i've tested this script on debian, i cannot say if it works on any other systems such as ubuntu, but as long as the package manager is the same i don't see any issues with it (and of course the package names has to be the same aswell, which they often are)

It takes a couple of hours to set everything up, mainly due to the GCC compilation (which is done twice)

Once you have the toolchain setup all you have to do is clone the xell git repository, edit the line i mentioned and type in "make", this will compile everything :)

Reading your instructions I now see that you have to have Linux installed to do this. I don't have it. Have just a laptop with very limited hard disk space.

I think I will leave the things as they are for now until one of you dev guys post a version of Xell with this problem fixed.

I you happen to post this fixed version again I will be very grateful.

Reading your instructions I now see that you have to have Linux installed to do this. I don't have it. Have just a laptop with very limited hard disk space.

I think I will leave the things as they are for now until one of you dev guys post a version of Xell with this problem fixed.

I you happen to post this fixed version again I will be very grateful.

When i have the time and energy to setup a new virtual machine to compile this for you, i'll do so and upload attaching it to the post, probably in a new thread...

Right now tho i'm rather busy most of the day with some projects i'm working on, and setting up a VM for this takes a bit more concentration then answering posts on the forums (which i use as a bit of a clear the mind thing)

Thanks Swizzy. You have always been of great service to the JTAG community, Your work is really appreciated.

Thanks Swizzy. You have always been of great service to the JTAG community, Your work is really appreciated.

I've attached a experimental build that a friend of mine built for me, it uses newer versions of GCC (The compiler) and newlib (a library used) his nickname is smx, if you ever talk to him, say thanks ;)

I briefly launched it using xelllaunch to check that it works on my MMC Corona, and it does, other than that it's not tested much, it shouldn't cause any damage or anything like that, worst case scenario is that some features don't fully function properly, but i don't see that happening at this point in time :p

Replace the XeLL files in xeBuild GUI and rebuild your nand, or use XeLLLaunch included with the latest dashlaunch (found here: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4616-dashlaunch-314-17150-kernel-support-added/ ) if you want to try it

The file used depends on your console, but most likely:

xell-2f.bin (JTAG) or xell-gggggg.bin (RGH)

If you use it with xelllaunch just put xell-2f.bin (as it is) next to the default.xex and launch... otherwise replace the following in xeBuild GUI:

files\xell\Xellreloaded_jtag.bin <--- xell-2f.bin

files\xell\Xellreloaded_glitch.bin <--- xell-gggggg.bin

xell_0.993_no_dvd_gcc_4.9_newlib_2.0.rar