RealModScene
JPizzle

XeLL-Reloaded v0.993 with Corona Video support released!

without memory usb it does not happen, I have an external hd but it gets turned off when using xell, I swapped the usb device and stopped the problem of red screen could run free60 xbox360 ubuntu10.10 but mupen after the xell do reading. elf the screen is black I'll send the video via pm because it has cpukey will be that the screen is turning black because my television is those old tube and mupen does not support the low resolution of the tv?the xmplayer_0.0.1 give black screen

only free60 xbox360 ubuntu10.10 is working 

Posted Image

The reason you only get black screen when trying to boot mupen64 is because it doesn't support Corona unless you recompile it using the new (updated) libxenon toolchain

I wonder if it could be the USB's File System, Would NTFS or FAT make any difference?

Edit: misspelled FAT..(LMFAO)

No, it makes no difference because XeLL don't support NTFS at this time, i've been working on squeezing that in... but... it's not very easy (the NTFS lib is HUGE and it's not easy to find what can be disabled safely without breaking everything)

Just did the update changing xell.ggggg.bin (or whatever it was named) (for RGH's) renamed it to updxell.bin and it successfully updates, after reboot I run xell from DVD button and it shows it as version 0.993, when I try to boot mupen64 though it gives the seg fault and this stack dump:

Posted Image

this stack dump tells me that your USB drive falls down to the "lazy formatter" thingy, i've fixed this bug in XeLL, however... the bug is also present in most homebrew that uses usb devices...

https://github.com/Free60Project/xell/commit/0a15d0abfaa365a4c0b024b58fd69732932bbdd6#L0R337 <--- the 2 lines here is the fix :)

The reason you only get black screen when trying to boot mupen64 is because it doesn't support Corona unless you recompile it using the new (updated) libxenon toolchainNo, it makes no difference because XeLL don't support NTFS at this time, i've been working on squeezing that in... but... it's not very easy (the NTFS lib is HUGE and it's not easy to find what can be disabled safely without breaking everything)

what i need to recompile the mupen with toolchain?have some tutorial for make thias or i need wait the developer of mupen recompile?

what i need to recompile the mupen with toolchain?have some tutorial for make thias or i need wait the developer of mupen recompile?

i can recompile it for you a little later maybe... you'll need linux and maybe even edit some of the code...

I can not update the console with new xell from usb. Xell stops at :fat Mount udo0 (Trinity mainboard)

Try rebuilding your nand and updating XeLL that way using Simple 360 NAND Flasher instead ;)

i can recompile it for you a little later maybe... you'll need linux and maybe even edit some of the code...Try rebuilding your nand and updating XeLL that way using Simple 360 NAND Flasher instead ;)

So I expect you recompile the Mupen because I do not have linux and do not know exactly What do I change but if u need someone to test you can count on me until I already sent it pm me in forum libxenon applying for beta tester on topic Xell Beta Testers needed - Corona Video / eMMC support, what do you guys need to let this new test xell 100% compatible with homebrews can tell me thank you for your attention and for clarifying my doubts.

No, it makes no difference because XeLL don't support NTFS at this time, i've been working on squeezing that in... but... it's not very easy (the NTFS lib is HUGE and it's not easy to find what can be disabled safely without breaking everything)

I think my usb is formatted in NTSF, maybe reformatting it to FAT will help, if not I dont know because I dont have any other USB drives.

I think my usb is formatted in NTSF, maybe reformatting it to FAT will help, if not I dont know because I dont have any other USB drives.

Well, if your device is formatted in NTFS it'll be ignored by XeLL :) can you tell me a bit more about your USB memory/harddisk? (if you know how to get hold of the VID/PID it'd be great to have that, along with some information like what manufacturer and model it is, this will help possibly finding someone around me that can help me out with some really fast debugging with it)

only free60 xbox360 ubuntu10.10 is working

is it stable? i mean, my copy of ubuntu boots normally until xserver tries to init, which causes my box to reset. where did you get that distro?

is it stable? i mean, my copy of ubuntu boots normally until xserver tries to init, which causes my box to reset. where did you get that distro?

I'll send it to u via pm the link distro because I do not know if the forum allows you to share external links but it worked aki not used it a lot to see the functionality of it because my tv is old and it cuts certain parts of the image are difficult to use it

ubuntu 10.10- USB-For-xbox360-RGH

https://mega.co.nz/#!vwBTES7K!bShnAkGjAwWkzaQzYK1Xf3fDI6oh8Hv3lOQ7GThEAbA

Credits for Rubens Yama for Upload this Distro

• Like 1

I'll send it to u via pm the link distro because I do not know if the forum allows you to share external links but it worked aki not used it a lot to see the functionality of it because my tv is old and it cuts certain parts of the image are difficult to use it

I have no problem with you posting that

Well, if your device is formatted in NTFS it'll be ignored by XeLL :) can you tell me a bit more about your USB memory/harddisk? (if you know how to get hold of the VID/PID it'd be great to have that, along with some information like what manufacturer and model it is, this will help possibly finding someone around me that can help me out with some really fast debugging with it)

Well I dont know the VIP/PID, but its a Sandisk Cruzer 8GBEdit: oh I forgot I checked what filesystem I had it formatted to and it wasn't NTSF, it was FAT32

I just updated a trinity with this Xell via XEBuild 1.08 and now Xell wont boot beyond the second Sata device. HD is discovered but after that it just sits at discovering the second Sata device (I believe it is the internal DVD).

The Xbox will boot into NXE and is at 16537.

What could be wrong here?

I just updated a trinity with this Xell via XEBuild 1.08 and now Xell wont boot beyond the second Sata device. HD is discovered but after that it just sits at discovering the second Sata device (I believe it is the internal DVD).The Xbox will boot into NXE and is at 16537.What could be wrong here?

Do you have a Hitachi 0500 or 0502? if so this is a known bug which i have no idea how to fix right now (i don't have a hitachi slim)

Do you have a Hitachi 0500 or 0502? if so this is a known bug which i have no idea how to fix right now (i don't have a hitachi slim)

Same problem here (nand flashed by new ecc with xenon.elf). SOLVED by rebuilding nand and updating XeLL via super nand flasher. Trinity with Hitachi 

Same problem here (nand flashed by new ecc with xenon.elf). SOLVED by rebuilding nand and updating XeLL via super nand flasher. Trinity with Hitachi

So you managed to solve it by flashing the NAND with a hardware flasher?

Indeed I have a Hitachi...

I do not have the capability to do a HW flash at this moment.

Is there a test you would like me to do to get some additional info?

Indeed I have a Hitachi...I do not have the capability to do a HW flash at this moment.Is there a test you would like me to do to get some additional info?

If you have UART, could you get me a log of the output?

So you managed to solve it by flashing the NAND with a hardware flasher?

Yes xell boots normaly. Previously xell stopped at mout.....a didnt show fuses and keys. HW flash solved problem. 

How did you rebuild your Nand? Have you checked that is was different from the one you used first time?

Normally everytime you build the image it'll be different due to randomness, however... if you supply a dump with the latest xebuild version it should be alot closer to the original...

So I expect you recompile the Mupen because I do not have linux and do not know exactly What do I change but if u need someone to test you can count on me until I already sent it pm me in forum libxenon applying for beta tester on topic Xell Beta Testers needed - Corona Video / eMMC support, what do you guys need to let this new test xell 100% compatible with homebrews can tell me thank you for your attention and for clarifying my doubts.

http://www.homebrew-connection.org/mupen64-360-v0-993-beta/ <--- i got an ok from GliGli to release a new version compatible with corona, and here it is :)What needs to be tested in XeLL? well, we need to know what bugs are there, and what triggers them... so, basically just use whatever features you know how to, and try to tell us as much as you possible can about each error you get, if you get a segmentation fault (crash) it's VERY useful to have the stackdump information, best would probably be to take a picture, it'd also be good to know what you did when it happend, that'll help us know how to maybe reproduce it...I know of some errors that are completly random, like there's a crash in Xenos sometimes (seems to be quite rare tho) just when it's starting, i don't know why this happens yet, and like i said... it appears to be random and quite rare...Any current homebrew will sadly not work as i've mentioned earlier in the thread (i think? i know i've written it in many places...) anyways, if you want some homebrew updated and know where to find the source code for the last released version i'll fix it for you... or anyone else for that matter, however... don't expect me to just fix it instantly, it may take a few days... i do this on my spare time when i feel like doing some coding...

no dice for me... the distro posted by darkmember999 also resets itself when trying to init x -and no wonder, after a binary comparison i noticed that it's exactly the same distro i already have- and gentoo complains about root not being correctly defined, and that's because i'm trying to run it from my external hdd instead of burning the image into a cd like i'm supposed to do (but i don't wanna! :p ). a frugal installation a la puppy/dsl would be awesome...

ironically enough, now i'm unable to run xell via xelllaunch (thing that i could do before) but i can now load it by turning on the xbox via the eject button (thing that i previously couldn't do)