RealModScene
JPizzle

XeBuild FreeBOOT NAND Update Tutorial

Thanks for the quick reply, I have downloaded the new dashlaunch but have no clue how to get the xbox to see it as I cant get to fsd filemanager? 

I believe I have resolved the issue, I loaded xexmenu 1.1 on to a formatted usb drive then installed it to the xbox, then copied new dashlaunch to usb and installed dashlaunch via xexmenu and saved. Changed paths to load FSD as default, rebooted xbox and FSD loads with all my settings and games!!

Woot, thanks pointing me in the right direction, as always great help here!!

Np, as a future reference; make sure the launch.ini is located on your HDD and not in flash and also, make sure that "launch.xex" and "lhelper.xex" are located next to the xebuild exe (you can find those files in the dashlaunch zip file)

Guest golfgti5

Hello,

do i need xebuild 1.11 or xeBuid 2.092 voor 16547?

Hello,

do i need xebuild 1.11 or xeBuid 2.092 voor 16547?

Yes, or atleast the patches from that package(s)...

i want to update since new games wont be working on my 16203, but i want to ask as much as possible so i dont break it, dashlaunch is already on v3.11 and it displays this, i want to be sure its safe for me to update  :blushing:  TIA!

Dashlaunch:

Board: Corona

Flash: Corona

Type: Glitch2

Kernel: 2.016203.0

i want to update since new games wont be working on my 16203, but i want to ask as much as possible so i dont break it, dashlaunch is already on v3.11 and it displays this, i want to be sure its safe for me to update  :blushing:  TIA!

Dashlaunch:

Board: Corona

Flash: Corona

Type: Glitch2

Kernel: 2.016203.0

If you read the tutorial it should be safe, personally i use this method: http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com/

• Like 1

Sorry for the n00b questions here but:

I updated perfectly fine last time by following the tutorial and downloading all the files supplied in the first post. So my questions are:

1. Can I update the exact same way as I did 16537 using the same common files 9from post 1), the new xebuild 1.11 and dashlaunch 3.11 and 16547.zip file

2. Is the 16547.zip I need to use the original / authentic / non modified 16547 update file?

- I ask this as I have no idea if the 16537.zip supplied in post one was the official / non modified update file

The process previosuly was easy as and I am hoping it is just a matter of getting the xebuild 1.11 and dashlaunch 3.11 as linked a few pages back, get the common files from the first post, download the official non modified 16547 update and then set things up the same way as per the tutorial and run the dos command and I am done - just like last time

Guidance on this would be awesome as all files are not in a neat and tidy one location post like last time (as we n00b's were spoonfed)

Thanks for your help in advance,

Zephyr

1. Yes

2. It should be the same

It is as simple as updating the patches mainly, i do recommend using the latest xebuild etheir way to get the benefits of the bugfixes etc. :)

Hi..I am totally new here.

I tried to update my xbox kernel 2.0.15574 to 16547 but getting the same message..

****WARNING: 'xenonclatin.xtt' crc32: 0x38185415 expected: 0xd5d17ff5

****WARNING: 'xenonjklatin.xtt' crc32: 0x0a8ecof5 expected: 0xdde4a14c

please help me..

Hi..I am totally new here.

I tried to update my xbox kernel 2.0.15574 to 16547 but getting the same message..

****WARNING: 'xenonclatin.xtt' crc32: 0x38185415 expected: 0xd5d17ff5

****WARNING: 'xenonjklatin.xtt' crc32: 0x0a8ecof5 expected: 0xdde4a14c

please help me..

This means that those files are wrong, did you put the "su20076000_00000000" file in the 16547 folder or did you put other files here?

** edit: **

when i had a closer look it looks like you are loading those files from the "common" folder instead of 16547...

This means that those files are wrong, did you put the "su20076000_00000000" file in the 16547 folder or did you put other files here?

** edit: **

when i had a closer look it looks like you are loading those files from the "common" folder instead of 16547...

Thanks Swizzy for the quick response. 

No I did not put any "su20076000_0000000" file in 16547. Should I put them? Or noob-ly, where can I find those files?

Sorry I do not understand loading files from the "common" folder. I followed tutorials accordingly, especially in the part typing command. I have to "open command window here" in the xebuild folder, rite?

**edit**

P/S : I downloaded 16547 from MS website, common.zip from the first page, xebuild 1.11 and dashlaunch 3.11 in other site.

Thanks Swizzy for the quick response. 

No I did not put any "su20076000_0000000" file in 16547. Should I put them? Or noob-ly, where can I find those files?

Sorry I do not understand loading files from the "common" folder. I followed tutorials accordingly, especially in the part typing command. I have to "open command window here" in the xebuild folder, rite?

**edit**

P/S : I downloaded 16547 from MS website, common.zip from the first page, xebuild 1.11 and dashlaunch 3.11 in other site.

the su... file is part of the system updates, you put it in the 16547 folder (or whatever version it's for)

If you grab xeBuild GUI, everything is always ready for you, the one exception would be that dashlaunch isn't where it "needs to be" it's stored in "dlaunch", just copy them up a level and you've got dashlaunch included in your update aswell ;)

Man this was easy as hell. Thank you guys.

Avatar is back, but it keeps asking for an Kinect update. Is this normal?

Man this was easy as hell. Thank you guys.

Avatar is back, but it keeps asking for an Kinect update. Is this normal?

Yes, it wants to update the firmware on the kinect it'self.

I unplugged the Kinect and plugged it back in. It asked for an update. Was is stupid of me to say yes? Because now the message is gone and FSD is still up and running. Did I miss anything or is everything still ok?

I unplugged the Kinect and plugged it back in. It asked for an update. Was is stupid of me to say yes? Because now the message is gone and FSD is still up and running. Did I miss anything or is everything still ok?

You're good

the su... file is part of the system updates, you put it in the 16547 folder (or whatever version it's for)

If you grab xeBuild GUI, everything is always ready for you, the one exception would be that dashlaunch isn't where it "needs to be" it's stored in "dlaunch", just copy them up a level and you've got dashlaunch included in your update aswell ;)

Swizzy, you mean I should put su..file in the folder xebuild 1.11/16547 ? from what I did, I copied the folder $systemupdate into the folder 16547. In the $systemupdate I see su..file. What should I do?

I am sorry to ask, is using xebuild GUI an alternative method? If so, where should I start?

Swizzy, you mean I should put su..file in the folder xebuild 1.11/16547 ? from what I did, I copied the folder $systemupdate into the folder 16547. In the $systemupdate I see su..file. What should I do?

I am sorry to ask, is using xebuild GUI an alternative method? If so, where should I start?

Yes, well i think it also searches in the $SystemUpdate folder for the su file... so it should work to put all of it there aswell... and yes, the folder you want to put the file in is "xebuild\16547" as it looks for firmware specific files here, if it doesn't find the files asked for in this folder it looks in "common"

Yes, using xeBuild GUI is an alternative, you can use it in 3 ways; just the files folder (ignoring the GUI) or specifiying stuff in the GUI and editing the commandline (not really something i advice you to do) or you can use it to do a manual update using the method desribed here: http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com

1. Yes

2. It should be the same

It is as simple as updating the patches mainly, i do recommend using the latest xebuild etheir way to get the benefits of the bugfixes etc. :)

Awesome - thanks for the repsonse. I have succesfsully upgraded via the tutorial on page one but used xeBuild 1.11 and Dashlaunch 3.11 - and obviously the official 16547 update

Was smooth, simple and extrenmely easy - like last time.

Greatly appreciate you taking the time to answer

Zephyr :)

Can someone help me? :( I get this error

C:\Users\Erikas\Desktop\random\xeBuild_1.09>xebuild update -f 16537
---------------------------------------------------------------
     xeBuild v1.09.639
---- { Update Mode } ----
started, watching network for xbox...success, found xbox beacon at 192.168.0.103

connected to Falcon with updsvr version 2 (peek version 2)

**** could not read cf_16537.bin (-1) ****

******* ERROR: critical bootloader files are missing, cannot proceed!

***** FATAL UPDATE ERROR: -1 unable to complete NAND image

xeBuild Finished. Have a nice day.

press <enter> to quit...

Thanks - worked great. Jasper JTAG now on the newest dash.  Also - the other posts helped me get my original xbox games working.