RealModScene
JPizzle

XeBuild FreeBOOT NAND Update Tutorial

excuse me for my poor english and beiing a noob to all of this, but i have the following problem; i have used this tutorial and its downloads twice, and it worked verry well, but today i tried using it again for the xbox of my brotherinlaw and now i got a problem. i have connected the xbox to my network and i was aible to see and open files on the connected xbox, so I moved the installer folder to the xbox and run the program as usual, but as soon as i started up dashlaunch for the seccond time i lost the connection between pc and xbox and i was not aible to run xebuild 1.08, when i typed in the command xebuild update -f 16537 it responds that it was not aible to find a xbox connection.

i really hope someone can help me with this problem

excuse me for my poor english and beiing a noob to all of this, but i have the following problem; i have used this tutorial and its downloads twice, and it worked verry well, but today i tried using it again for the xbox of my brotherinlaw and now i got a problem. i have connected the xbox to my network and i was aible to see and open files on the connected xbox, so I moved the installer folder to the xbox and run the program as usual, but as soon as i started up dashlaunch for the seccond time i lost the connection between pc and xbox and i was not aible to run xebuild 1.08, when i typed in the command xebuild update -f 16537 it responds that it was not aible to find a xbox connection.

i really hope someone can help me with this problem

i already solved the problem; after typing the command xebuild update -f 16537 just enter -ip followed by the ip adress of your xbox, and all goes well.

Hello Guys, I have this problem:

******WARNING: 'xenonjklatin.xtt' crc32: 0xb76d4f37 expected: 0xdde4a14c

I'm using kernel 146699

Could you help me, please?

Thanks in advance

If anyone is interested, I updated my xbox using the old manual method. I don't know why I had that error, but everything goes alright that way. I suggest you to do like this if you have a similiar problem.

sorry im not a computer guy so hopefully someone will help me out. What is the 111 files, how do i connect pc to xbox wirelessly because my xbox360 cant connect to internet (dns error)

sorry im not a computer guy so hopefully someone will help me out. What is the 111 files, how do i connect pc to xbox wirelessly because my xbox360 cant connect to internet (dns error)

Did you read the tutorial?

yes but i dont know how to connect xbox to network

You can use LAN (wired) or wireless.

As long as the console's IP address is in the same IP range as your PC/router, things will work fine.

Just can't get the command prompt window option to appear when Shift - Right clicking. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

it's just a shortcut to opening a command prompt, you can go to start and type cmd in there and that will open a command prompt then you'll need to navigate to the folder ;)

• Like 1

Thanks again, wasn't sure if it was specific to that window or not.

Do I just simply write in "xebuild update -f 16537" or do I input something else first? It keeps telling me "xebuild is not recognized as an internal command or external command, operable program or batch file"

Posted Image

(I'm not in the correct folder but this should be the option that you see if you hold shift and then right click) 

or....use "cmd" at the prompt and navigate to the correct folder. ;)

Got it, moved the folder to a different part of the computer and when I right clicked it came right up this time. Thanks

Today I am going to show you just how easy it is to update your JTAG/RGH Xbox 360 game console with XeBuild's new built in updater. Thank you to the team behind XeBuild for your ongoing support of the xbox console and for always keeping us up to date, without you there would be no xbox 360 scene.

I encourage everyone to send a small donation to the XeBuild team at donations@realmodscene.com 

First thing you need to do is download XeBuild, Dashlaunch, 16537 and the common packages posted at the bottom of this page. Extract the Dashlaunch package and in the extracted folder you will see a folder named 'Installer', move this folder and the default.xex it contains over to your xbox 360 HDD, USB or internal memory (anywhere you can access it using your F3 Filemanager).  Navigate to the default.xex in the installer folder on your xbox console and run the it.

This is the dashlaunch installer, it will prompt you to update as soon as it is launch as the version of dashlaunch on your console is older then the version you are running. Follow the onscreen prompts and it will install dashlaunch and shut down the console. Turn the console back on and load the dashlaunch installer default.xex again. You will be greeted with the Current Options screen, go down to the last option in the list 'Configurator' and click A to expand the menu. The 3rd option down will be 'updserv' and it will be disabled, enable it and leave dashlaunch running on your console.

Now go back to your computer and extract the XeBuild and common packages, take the 111 files from the common package and copy them into the 'common' folder from the extracted XeBuild package. Extract the 16537 package and place the '$Systemupdate' folder you get from it in the XeBuild 16537 folder. 

Back out of the 16537 folder so you are now in the XeBuild folder, make sure no files or folders are highlighted or selected. Hold shift on your keyboard and right click in an empty part of the folder being sure not to click on any of the files or folders and you will see an option in the right click menu that says 'open command window here', click it.

You have now been greeted with a beautiful command prompt window already in the XeBuild folder just waiting for you to tell it what to do. Type in the following command

xebuild update -f 16537

Press enter and stand back and watch XeBuild work it's magic! XeBuild will now read your NAND, create an updated freeBOOT image for your, flash it to your NAND and then apply the Avatar and Kinect data to your console. When it is done the console will reboot and you will be in the updated stock dashboard once the console loads up.

Now wasn't that easy?  Thank you XeBuild!

I encourage everyone to send a small donation to the XeBuild team at donations@realmodscene.com

will my hdd get flashed after updating ? and my original dashboard will be replaced by another fsd3 or whatever ? Please tell

i got probably the same (more or less) question, i keep getting this persistent error. If i perform this update, can i see this as an "clean" install?

it's dead easy, this tut will update your dashlaunch and metro (stock) dashboard to the latest 16537, then you can simply FTP in and update your FSD or go to settings in FSD and enable beta updates and that should then next time connected to the net download the latest FSD. or you can update your stock dashboard the manual way using your cpu key and nand and create your self an image and flash it back with xell and a fat32 formatted USB key.