RealModScene
JPizzle

XeBuild FreeBOOT NAND Update Tutorial

where can I find the files for 17349 dashboard for updserver?

The only new files you need are the new patches which are part of the xeBuild 1.15 release, then you need the System Update which can be found on gxarena

• Like 1

The only new files you need are the new patches which are part of the xeBuild 1.15 release, then you need the System Update which can be found on gxarena

1. I have downloaded XeBuild_GUI v2.094, can I update using this method with v2.094 (it is based on XeBuild v1.15.709)?

2. Do I have to use XeBuild.exe of Files folder of GUI?

3. Can we download system update files from here?

1. You should download the latest version, which currently is 2.096, anything else will get no support what so ever on this site (well, any custom package that is, you are using a custom one) you can use this method with it's data tho, everything in "files" is xeBuild, which this guide describes...

2. what do you mean exactly?

3. Sure, but you're better off downloading it from a safe source such as GXArena (which i maintain btw)

1. You should download the latest version, which currently is 2.096, anything else will get no support what so ever on this site (well, any custom package that is, you are using a custom one) you can use this method with it's data tho, everything in "files" is xeBuild, which this guide describes...

2. what do you mean exactly?

3. Sure, but you're better off downloading it from a safe source such as GXArena (which i maintain btw)

Thank you very much for replying here.

You have already answered my second point in the first point itself, I have downloaded xeBuild_GUI and xeBuild.exe is in the "Files" folder of GUI, so only asked.

I have downloaded xeBuild_v1.15 and xeBuild_GUI_v2.96 from RMS (realmodscene), transfered common files to "Common" folder of xeBuild_v1.15, downloaded 17349.zip for GXArena as well. I am going to try this method on Sunday, currently I have kept my Xbox aside as my kid's exams are going on, lol. I am tempting to do it wirelessly but this is my first time so I would do it via ethernet cable only.

BTW, I don't think there is any chance of getting it brick, as bootloader is going to be the same?

And do I have to update Kinect and Avtar data manually or it would update those as well?

everything you need (including the system, update) is part of the "files" folder...

There's always a chance of a brick, you won't perma brick it, but you might end up with a console that won't boot... it's happened before, it'll happen again...

You'll have to do that manually, unless you put the full update in the folder as expected

everything you need (including the system, update) is part of the "files" folder...

There's always a chance of a brick, you won't perma brick it, but you might end up with a console that won't boot... it's happened before, it'll happen again...

You'll have to do that manually, unless you put the full update in the folder as expected

Then how would I unbrick it?

I read some replies of this thread some members did get fatal error still their console was booting properly so only I thought.

As I said I've already downloaded system update files from RMS, I'm going to place extracted 17349.zip with all the files, then it should update my kinect and Avtar data as well?

Swizzy bro, thanks you very much I have just updated my dashboard to the latest 17349 it was really the easiest method to update, though it took some time for me to setup things as this was my first attempt, I wanted to be damn sure. I am pretty confused I tried to ping my RGH via lappy but I am not getting any reply from my console. I thought may because I was connected wirelessly, but I couldn't get any reply from ethernet cable as well. Still I went ahead and everything went pic perfect.

17349_update_Xbox.jpg

I have a quick question in that with these new DB it mentioned at around Ver. 2.0.13146.0 that this update and any after will reflash your DVD Drive, is this a need for any concerns?

I am still fumbling my way around here and my XBOX so pardon if its already been addressed

PEACE

Kosti

I have a quick question in that with these new DB it mentioned at around Ver. 2.0.13146.0 that this update and any after will reflash your DVD Drive, is this a need for any concerns?

I am still fumbling my way around here and my XBOX so pardon if its already been addressed

PEACE

Kosti

The DVD Reflash only happens if you do a retail update, your DVD may work even with the old firmware but it won't support the newer games (from disc)

If you have a pre 13146 dash/kernel and haven't updated your DVD in years, it's a good idea to do so now...

Hey Everyone,

I tried updating to the latest dash using this method on my jTag and my RGH (Slim 4G Model). It has worked perfectly fine before on both these consoles. I tried my jTag first and it worked flawlessly.

I then tried the slim and it failed miserably (unfortunately). Unfortunately when I went to screen capture I close the cmd prompt so do not have the error but from memory:

1. I was on DashLaunch 3.16 and update serv was enabled
2. It found my console on the correct IP Address for the xbox beacon
3. It failed to send flash data to console successfully
4. Loaded Avatar Data Successfully
5. Formatting HDD failed

6. Then there was a warning line that told me not to try an update this console again until the issue was found and resolved

The only other things I can add are: I accidentally left my USB HDD in while doing this update - does that matter?

I can get into Xell and I I just found the update log file from the attempted update but did not want to post it all as it has CPU Keys etc and not sure if it should be posted with all that data. Part of the log file is:

---------------------------------------------------------------
     xeBuild v1.16.728
---- { Update Mode } ----
data directory set from command line to '17489\'
started, watching network for xbox...success, found xbox beacon at 192.168.1.36
attempting to connect...success!
Getting console info...success!
connected to Trinity with updsvr version 3 (peek version 2)
NAND image size: 0x1080000 Block size: 0x4200 Spare Data: Yes

------ parsing console info response ------
Console Current Info:
running kernel  : 2.0.16747.0
bootstrap type  : Trinity
hardware type   : Trinity
hardware flags  : 0x40000227
internal HDD    : present
Image Type      : Trinity (Glitch2)
CPU key         : REMOVED KEY FROM THIS POST (weight:0x35 valid; ecd: valid)
DVD key         : REMOVED KEY FROM THIS POST
1BL key         : REMOVED KEY FROM THIS POST (good)
Fuses           : present

Virtual Fuses   : not present
1BL RSA pub     : good
PIRS RSA pub    : good
MASTER RSA pub  : good

------ ini parsing completed ------

------ getting bad blocks ------
no bad blocks found on device
mounting \SystemRoot to usv:...success!

------ getting bootloaders ------
reading bootloader data...success! Bootloader size with xell is 0x000b0000

------ getting security files ------

These stated all OK / and SMC Good

---------------------
Checking for smc config data patches
smc config was not patched
---------------------
done!
patch slot offset reset to: 0xb0000

------ Patching BLs and modifying patches ------
Fixing up patch set...Done!

------ Encrypting and finalizing bootloaders ------
encoding cf_17489.bin size 0x4560
encoding cg_17489.bin size 0x788a0
done!

------ adding smc_config.bin ------
adding smc config to offset 0x00f7c000, len 0x400

------ cleaning up image ------
Fixing up empty FS block entries...done!
Writing FS table to image offset 0xe58000 len 0x4000 (end 0xe5c000)...done!

------ finalizing image ------
fixing up big block controller on small block NAND LBA numbers...done!
calculating ECD bytes and assembling raw image...done!
done remapping!
unmounting usv:...success!

------ flashing console ------
sending flash data to console...
socket error sending data (1), 10054
failed!

------ loading and sending avatar data ------
loading avatar data...
manifest not found at 17489\system.manifest
loading manifest 17489\$SystemUpdate\system.manifest
loaded system.manifest, 0x7de4 bytes
header ok!
Manifest flash version: 2.0.17489.0
parsing 151 entries in system.manifest

found 150 items to send to xbox!
success!

Formatting HDD partition...
ERROR: unable to format sysex partition!
unmounting SSEP:...failed!

***** WARNING: due to previous possible errors, console reboot is not being done
               it is not recommended to use update mode on this console again
               until you have determined it's got a good image on it

17489_g2_trinity.bin image built, info:
    xeBuild Finished. Have a nice day.
I can still load Xell but I do not have my original NAND on hand. Someone else completed the RGH so I am trying to get the NAND off of them

Is there anything else that I can do from here due to the console now turning on and stating E 79

Thanks in advance

Zephyr

P.s. It does have a 250Gb HDD added as extra storage to the 4Gb it came with - but removing that and placing it back in did not help anything - Still e79 (I assume I will need my original NAND and flash the firmware and update via Xell...?)

Hey Everyone,

I tried updating to the latest dash using this method on my jTag and my RGH (Slim 4G Model). It has worked perfectly fine before on both these consoles. I tried my jTag first and it worked flawlessly.

I then tried the slim and it failed miserably (unfortunately). Unfortunately when I went to screen capture I close the cmd prompt so do not have the error but from memory:

1. I was on DashLaunch 3.16 and update serv was enabled

2. It found my console on the correct IP Address for the xbox beacon

3. It failed to send flash data to console successfully

4. Loaded Avatar Data Successfully

5. Formatting HDD failed

6. Then there was a warning line that told me not to try an update this console again until the issue was found and resolved

The only other things I can add are: I accidentally left my USB HDD in while doing this update - does that matter?

I can get into Xell and I I just found the update log file from the attempted update but did not want to post it all as it has CPU Keys etc and not sure if it should be posted with all that data. Part of the log file is:

sending flash data to console...

socket error sending data (1), 10054

failed!

I can still load Xell but I do not have my original NAND on hand. Someone else completed the RGH so I am trying to get the NAND off of them

Is there anything else that I can do from here due to the console now turning on and stating E 79

Thanks in advance

Zephyr

P.s. It does have a 250Gb HDD added as extra storage to the 4Gb it came with - but removing that and placing it back in did not help anything - Still e79 (I assume I will need my original NAND and flash the firmware and update via Xell...?)

You can grab your NAND using XeLL and build from that... basically (the part left of the log) says your console reset the connection, this mostly happens when using wifi, any signal drop may cause it to do this and xeBuild doesn't handle it very well...

But yes, you do need to reflash it using XeLL... it was partially flashed as updserv flashes behind the scenes as it receives the data from xeBuild

Many thanks for the reply - Any chance of advising how to get the NAND using XeLL?

I press eject and it goes though the screens and at the end it states it is looking at local media or TFTP (I think it stated TFTP) and continues to cycle one line below that trying to do something

Many thanks for the reply - Any chance of advising how to get the NAND using XeLL?

I press eject and it goes though the screens and at the end it states it is looking at local media or TFTP (I think it stated TFTP) and continues to cycle one line below that trying to do something

Step 1. Make sure you have a network cable attached to the back of the console

Step 2. Start XeLL and wait for it to start the cycle

Step 3. Browse to: http://192.168.0.100/ or whatever IP is displayed right before the cycle...

Step 4. Find the button to download your Flash/NAND aswell as your fuses (you want both)

Step 5. Build your new nand and put it in the root of a FAT32 formatted USB device (x:\updflash.bin)

Step 6. Turn off your console <--- DO NOT SKIP THIS!

Step 7. Connect the USB device to your console

Step 8. Boot XeLL again

Step 9. Wait for it to finish flashing your nand, if the cycle don't stop it's because it didn't find the file/usb device, try another/make sure it's correct as above ^

Step 10. Reboot your console in normal mode and it should be working

Thanks Admin. I have connected and downloaded the Raw Bin and Fuses File. I assume the Key Vault is not required as you never mentioned to get it.

Raw Flash This is the file needed for any flash modifications.

Key Vault This is your Decrypted Key Vault and is part of what makes your console unique.

Fuses The jewels that keep you honest. Fuse line 3 and 5 makeup your CPU key.

So from above I downloaded Raw Flash and Fuses. All I need to do now is follow you steps 5 to 10 and I should be back on track...?

(I had to send my nand and info to someone else to create the new NAND as I have no idea how - also looking for tutorial / info on how to do this in case they can't do it for me)

Thanks in advance - I really do appreciate all your help Admin

Zephyr

Yep, the Keyvault is part of the Raw Flash :) and yes you can follow steps 5 -> 10

Read my signature and you'll see a tutorial on how to build the nand, it explains all the steps for upgrading your nand, and in doing so also explains the process of building a new nand ^^

My name isn't "Admin", it's Swizzy... Admin is just my status...

So sorry about that Swizzy - greatly appreciate your help and so sorry about the wring name

They sent me the NAND and and console now boots to XBOX Usual Menu. Trying to find out how to load FSD and all that jazz now... Or at least get Dash Launch started

If they did it properly, you should have dashlaunch pre-installed and just need to put a launch.ini on a USB device that's FAT32 formatted with:

default=USB:\path\to\default.xex

This makes it boot whatever is in that directory, you can do the same for HDD1 things using HDD:\ instead of USB:\

Could have something else gone wrong here because I use to have Dashlaunch and XEX Menu and NXE2GOD appear in my games folder as demo from the main dash...

Strange they are gone.

I will get there - thanks for your help Swizzy

Could have something else gone wrong here because I use to have Dashlaunch and XEX Menu and NXE2GOD appear in my games folder as demo from the main dash...

Strange they are gone.

I will get there - thanks for your help Swizzy

If they made you a retail image, that would possibly be the problem yes...

Can you boot XeLL?

All sorted now. Not sure if this was the issue or not but:

They used DashLaunch 3.15 in the NAND Image with Dash 17349 - I previously had DashLaunch 3.16 installed.

Anyway - I had to use Horizon to copy XeX Menu to my USB stick formatted in xbox 360 format and then started that and then started DashLaunch. It told me DashLaunch was NOT installed so I selected insatlla nd then everything worked from there. FSD launched automatically with the correct path already entered

MANY MANY Thanks Swizzy for telling me how to get my NAND etc.

Can I bother you for one more question:

My jTag can still download covers no issues as I installed a new game on it today. However the RGH console refuses to download the new game cover for the same game and I have no idea why. They are setup the same and on the same network.

Do you have any ideas OR do you have a way I can manually download a cover into FSD 3. I know Aurora is out but my Daughter is use to FSD and changes don't go so well

Thanks in advance

Zephyr

Yeah, if Dashlaunch installer says it's NOT installed they didn't install it... they didn't install a old version, basically whoever made that image for you is an idiot and decided Dashlaunch is bad (or just install it manually with the installer later, either way bad practice)

Sure, connect to the WebUI of FSD and select the covers from there... you do that using http://<consoleip>:9999/

replace <consoleip> with something like 192.168.0.100 or whatever your console's IP is :)

There are other ways aswell, but i don't remember the apps name at the top of my head >_>

Thanks again Swizzy - that worked a treat - I grabbed the covers relevant covers and banners from the jTag and copied them across

Have to ask - is there a reason why one console downloads the covers and the other does not? They both use to no issues.

It has nothing to do with DashLaunch Settings would it?

Disregard - found the issue. I have LiveStrong in DashLaunch.

Great to know about adding covers though... I can now get covers for a few custom things that do not download... Like DashLaunch or NXe2GOD

• Like 1