RealModScene
JPizzle

XeBuild FreeBOOT NAND Update Tutorial

another interesting bit of info, many thanks for clearing that up Swizzy and thanks for making the program as well ^_^ after actually doing it (albeit slowly making sure l didnt mess things up) it was easier than expected).

That's one of the aims of the program, that it should be easy to do it :) i'm glad you feel that it's easy to use :)

• Like 3

it was easy in the respects that l just pressed what l was told when l was told to lol. however l had trouble verifying the CPU key with the program, but l guess that means l have to do that by Lan? l tried to do it by wireless, that said l had a backup of the key anyways but l had to use dashlaunch to grab another copy of the key (just to verify the one l had on system matched the xbox).

that said it would be nice for a faq on all the options and what some of the things mean, being somewhat techy when it comes to the computer side of things it would be interesting to know some of the technical things some of the other options l didnt use meant tho its more curiosity than the need to know. one thing that would be interesting would be a mailing list l could sign up to so l know when the program is updated :p

still, again much appreciated for all the work.

how to get the common files for dashboard update 17150??

You grab the "old" common files, then you download the SU file for 17150 and it'll grab everything new from there... obviously you have to use the latest version aswell for the latest patches to be available

YET ANOTHER NAND AND AVATAR UPDATE (2.0.17150.0) TUTORIAL

coming soon. Cause I'm not able to put pictures here.

What is wrong with this one? all that's required is that you download the new versions of all data, then change the numbers to 17150...

What is wrong with this one? all that's required is that you download the new versions of all data, then change the numbers to 17150...

Absolutley nothing.. but the version I get is a little bit more noob - friendly - not more not less. However, I wouldn't run down yours..

Absolutley nothing.. but the version I get is a little bit more noob - friendly - not more not less. However, I wouldn't run down yours..

If you feel your guide is better, feel free to post it, i was merely asking why you'd want to make a new one when this one works fine for most :D

I'm trying to upgrade to 17150, but I'm getting an error:

could not read xell-gggggg.bin (-1)

I'm trying to upgrade to 17150, but I'm getting an error:

could not read xell-gggggg.bin (-1)

Did you unpack all files? it doesn't seem like you did as it can't find this file which is included with xeBuild :p

I fixed it.  I was trying to do the quick and simple command line "xebuild update -f 17150".  However, I downloaded the XeBuild GUI.  I thought perhaps I could do a simple update through that, but was so lost with all the options.  So I tried to just open a command prompt and do it manually.  Since it wasn't working, I went and just downloaded the latest XeBuild directly (not the GUI version) and it included that file.  Everything worked great after that.

For future reference.  Is there a quick and simple way to use the GUI to do an update, or is it still just easier to do the command prompt?

I fixed it.  I was trying to do the quick and simple command line "xebuild update -f 17150".  However, I downloaded the XeBuild GUI.  I thought perhaps I could do a simple update through that, but was so lost with all the options.  So I tried to just open a command prompt and do it manually.  Since it wasn't working, I went and just downloaded the latest XeBuild directly (not the GUI version) and it included that file.  Everything worked great after that.

For future reference.  Is there a quick and simple way to use the GUI to do an update, or is it still just easier to do the command prompt?

It's easier with the command prompt feature, because it does everything automatically, but there's a higher chance of something going wrong because of that, as you have no control of what it's going to do...

This guide is one that most follow for how to use the GUI: http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com/

Hey Guys im updating my kernel for the first time can you help me

Will this Work with Corona?

As ive seen in comments a certain kernel is required(old ones not booting??) so please can you tell me the minimum KErnel?

And can i update to 17150 on GXArena with this method?

Thanks for help !!

Hey Guys im updating my kernel for the first time can you help me

Will this Work with Corona?

As ive seen in comments a certain kernel is required(old ones not booting??) so please can you tell me the minimum KErnel?

And can i update to 17150 on GXArena with this method?

Thanks for help !!

You just need to have the latest Dashlaunch installed, previously there were some old ones that didn't work with Dashlaunch as we don't always test backwards all the way back to the first version supported there are sometimes (not very often) bugs that got introduced in new features that cause older kernels not to function properly

I'd recommend following this tutorial if you're afraid that something will go wrong: http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com/ it's the "manual" way of doing it all, it forces you to dump the nand (keeping you safe as long as you keep this) and your cpukey followed by building the new nand and flashing, it takes a bit longer to do it that way, but you're safer as a newbie =)

Hey

You just need to have the latest Dashlaunch installed, previously there were some old ones that didn't work with Dashlaunch as we don't always test backwards all the way back to the first version supported there are sometimes (not very often) bugs that got introduced in new features that cause older kernels not to function properly

I'd recommend following this tutorial if you're afraid that something will go wrong: http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com/ it's the "manual" way of doing it all, it forces you to dump the nand (keeping you safe as long as you keep this) and your cpukey followed by building the new nand and flashing, it takes a bit longer to do it that way, but you're safer as a newbie =)

Thanks but what i did was dumped my nand first as you said and then followed this tutorial to update to 16747 besides 17150 because it was written 16747 support added and 17150 was no where so i was afraid to do that

Well but I updated Successfully THANKS!!!!!!!

Hey

Thanks but what i did was dumped my nand first as you said and then followed this tutorial to update to 16747 besides 17150 because it was written 16747 support added and 17150 was no where so i was afraid to do that

Well but I updated Successfully THANKS!!!!!!!

16747 is/was 2 xeBuild and 4 kernel versions back, just so you know :p

16747 is/was 2 xeBuild and 4 kernel versions back, just so you know :p

So can i update safely to 17150 with .12 versions of xebuild and dashlaunch with the same common files after the update to 16474??? 

And just out of terror im asking that my xbox doesnt boot to xell i dont know why(I researched about it people say xell not supported in corona(i dont know)) So if something goes wrong and it doesnt boot is there some way to flash it with older dump again???

So can i update safely to 17150 with .12 versions of xebuild and dashlaunch with the same common files after the update to 16474??? 

And just out of terror im asking that my xbox doesnt boot to xell i dont know why(I researched about it people say xell not supported in corona(i dont know)) So if something goes wrong and it doesnt boot is there some way to flash it with older dump again???

You need the latest Dashlaunch for the latest kernel, you cannot use older versions, however, you can use the currently running dashlaunch to do the update (once you've updated you need to have the latest version tho)

If you use the official xeBuild package XeLL should work fine (i fixed XeLL for Corona a while back, like a year ago or maybe more...)

Just download the latest xeBuild, the commons folder is the same as you already have :)

• Like 1

You need the latest Dashlaunch for the latest kernel, you cannot use older versions, however, you can use the currently running dashlaunch to do the update (once you've updated you need to have the latest version tho)

If you use the official xeBuild package XeLL should work fine (i fixed XeLL for Corona a while back, like a year ago or maybe more...)

Just download the latest xeBuild, the commons folder is the same as you already have :)

THANKS!!!

• Like 2

Please update this to 17349. Thanks

Just update the numbers and download the new version... voila!

how about the common files?

They're the same for a long time, the only thing about them is that it's bootloaders, they don't change when you're on a hacked kernel... the only bootloaders that do change are CF and CG which both come from the SU...