RealModScene
JPizzle

XeBuild FreeBOOT NAND Update Tutorial

not you mate.......

Windows 8 might be formatting it as "exfat32" rather than "true" fat32 

download the attached program and try again. 

If I use that program an erro occur it says It can not format because the drive is already inuse by another program 

however I restarted my computer and used a new stick??

I try it with another parttionmanager thanks fot the idea I hope this wil fix it, I let you know!

If I use that program an erro occur it says It can not format because the drive is already inuse by another program 

however I restarted my computer and used a new stick??

I try it with another parttionmanager thanks fot the idea I hope this wil fix it, I let you know!

Nope, I tried it with my favorit program easeus partition manager but it stays the same.

Something wrong with mXell version on the box?

should I changee somthing in the Xebuild settings?

I do not get an error when it is building the updflash.bin so????

Maybe  I shouls search for some other flash.bin file to use with Xebuild?

I am stuck and my box only give a Xell loader, however it stlll plays muppet 64 the nintendo emulator with xell, lol

nope. get your USB drive formatted using that tool, use another computer, anything to format it FAT32, windows 8 will only give you NTFS and exfat.....

EXFAT is not "fat32" 

try attached......

Fat32FormatterEN.zip

nope. get your USB drive formatted using that tool, use another computer, anything to format it FAT32, windows 8 will only give you NTFS and exfat.....

EXFAT is not "fat32" 

try attached......

Okay I try with my laptop wich is windows 7 with your program and let you know what the results are!. I try the whole procedure on my laptop with windows 7 maybe that is the solution but I doubt it.

I let you know in a few minutes, by the way How long does it take to make the updflash.bin with xebuild because  it is going very fast maybe there is the problem?

Edited by elflamingo

Okay I try with my laptop wich is windows 7 with your program and let you know what the results are!. I try the whole procedure on my laptop with windows 7 maybe that is the solution but I doubt it.

I let you know in a few minutes, by the way How long does it take to make the updflash.bin with xebuild because  it is going very fast maybe there is the problem?

Okay I tried the whole procedure om my windows  7 machine , so I loaded Xell again on the xbox took the IP saved my flash dump , my cpu key, my fuses and then used that in XEbuild to make an updflash.bin. Then I used your program to format an usb stick saved the updflash.bin to it in the root hanged it on my xbox started it but nope again it says in my screen looking for  xenon.elf blablablabla so something realy is going wrong or my box is dead??? no update, there must be another way???

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, at last, after reading a lot on the internet watched very many youtube  tutorials i decided to use rawflash 4 and put the xenon.elf file of that on my stick together with the renamed flash file from updflash.bin to nandflash.bin and a wonder appeared when I put my usb stick in te xbox 360 It started to update the machine and it started after a reboot with FSD dashboard!!! and all is good PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  

Thank you all for the help and I hope some people cab use my experience too

Greetings I am gonna fix my settings etc on the box!!

Edited by elflamingo

great.... :)

Download xeBuild_GUI_2.091, (this version has dash 16537) then from there you can build your image, it's really straight forward, it will build an image for you that you can then put on a formatted FAT32 usb key. (you would put this file on the root of the USB key and then power your machine on with the eject and it should then update xell)

when you open the program, load your source file (your nand) then a little further down you load your CPU key... you should then see all green "ticks" along the bottom of xebuild... (this is the old way to do it but in your case sounds like the best way for now.) if you don't see all green ticks then don't proceed and report back.

Generate your image, this will make a file called "updflash.bin" copy this to a fresh formatted usb FAT32 key, stick it in your xbox and power it on with "eject" let it update..... 

let me know how you get on with this..... ;)

Bro i did the same but in xell it mentions looking for xenon.elf or vilinux and beneath this "trying tftp ip address no answer from server" please help what to do

you could help by not posting the same question all over the board, your other thread you say "it worked" and then you say it hasn't so your very confusing. 

make sure you have formatted your USB key to FAT32. and have placed the updflash.bin on the root of your freshly formatted USB key. (EXFAT32 windows 7 and windows 8 is NOT fat32)

you could help by not posting the same question all over the board, your other thread you say "it worked" and then you say it hasn't so your very confusing. 

make sure you have formatted your USB key to FAT32. and have placed the updflash.bin on the root of your freshly formatted USB key. (EXFAT32 windows 7 and windows 8 is NOT fat32)

Bro thanks for ur kind response, let me clear , I formatted my flash drive to FAT32 on "GUI fat32 formatter soft " as you suggested in one of your post then I put that updflash.bin file in the root folder of my flash drive. then I put that flash into XBOX360 and turn it on by ejecting tray, xell loaded Now its says "Looking for xenon.elf or vmlinux on USB/CD/DVD or user define file TFTP" and beneath this line there is another line which is saying " trying to load above files but its not founding so this line is repeating continously I wait for 30 min but nothing happened ,Please tell me what to do where to find that xenon.elf file,looking forward for ur kind suggestions thanks.

i think if you have a really old xell then you would need to put xenon.elf on the root of the USB and rename the updflash.bin to nandflash.bin (the newer xell has xenon.elf built in)

i think if you have a really old xell then you would need to put xenon.elf on the root of the USB and rename the updflash.bin to nandflash.bin (the newer xell has xenon.elf built in)

Thanks Alot bro I did it with your kind responses thank u so much, I also specially  thank """"" jinsta """""" who sent me this step by step tutorial http://forum.homebre...x.php?topic=144 . Thanks to every one who shared their experiences it really helped. One thing I noted that before this I was making updflash.bin by Xebuild & then rename it to nandflash.bin and it doesn't work but at last when i put my dump flash file in sourse option of Xebuild there I saw BIN Name: I directy rename that updflash.bin to nandflash.bin in Xebuild and then it generate nandflash.bin instead of updflash.bin then i also put xeon.elf file with it.This time i turn on xbox without putting usb prior to turn on. I turn on xbox by ejecting tray and when it was searching for xeon.elf file i put my flash and this time it worked.

hello i have problem i try everything but i have that same problem time out when i write command without ip adres but when i write ip adres i have error 10060 can some help me now i have version 2.0.14699.0 ( xbox and pc have same subnet ) 

I think he's talking about using XeBuild mode to manually create an image and then use XeLL or an application like Swizzy's Simple 360 NAND Flasher to write the image to your console's NAND.

What is the issue with UPDSERV?

As long as your console is in the same IP range as your computer, the update mode should work fine.

you beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  10 mins from start of downloading files to reboot of console....done and done!!! my granddad could have done this it was so easy(and he's been dead 20 years) thankyou so much...

I followed the instructions here but i'm experiencing e71 error after rebooting. But if i remove my harddisk, i can boot to the dashboard 16537. However when i reaattach my harddrive, it warns me with e71 error. How could i fix it...help! Posted Image

here's the log i got:

---- { Update Mode } ----
started, watching network for xbox...success, found xbox beacon at 192.168.1.101

connected to Falcon with updsvr version 1 (peek version 2)
sending flash data to console...
file sent OK, awaiting result...success!
Completed in 13s
loading avatar data...
success!
Formatting HDD partition...
success!
Sending avatar files to HDD partition...
success! Avatar data is successfully sent to the console!
Completed in 18s
sending reboot command...OK
16537_gg_falcon.bin image built, info:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Kernel : 2.0.16537.0
Console : Falcon
NAND size : 16MiB
Build : Glitch
Xell : power on console with console eject button
Serial : 015089582107
ConsoleId : 013968663901
MoboSerial: 8394922205688217
Mfg Date : 05/20/2008
CPU Key : 250C5AD756041FB90978CF4CDF7EAC39
1BL Key : DD88AD0C9ED669E7B56794FB68563EFA
DVD Key : 94236EB05929CC3638D5C2A250306CB2
CF LDV : 6
KV type : type2 (hashed - Good! Signature is valid.)
xeBuild Finished. Have a nice day.

press <enter> to quit...

I followed the instructions here but i'm experiencing e71 error after rebooting. But if i remove my harddisk, i can boot to the dashboard 16537. However when i reaattach my harddrive, it warns me with e71 error. How could i fix it...help! Posted Image

here's the log i got:

---- { Update Mode } ----

started, watching network for xbox...success, found xbox beacon at 192.168.1.101

connected to Falcon with updsvr version 1 (peek version 2)

sending flash data to console...

file sent OK, awaiting result...success!

Completed in 13s

loading avatar data...

success!

Formatting HDD partition...

success!

Sending avatar files to HDD partition...

success! Avatar data is successfully sent to the console!

Completed in 18s

sending reboot command...OK

16537_gg_falcon.bin image built, info:

Kernel : 2.0.16537.0

Console : Falcon

NAND size : 16MiB

Build : Glitch

Xell : power on console with console eject button

Serial : 015089582107

ConsoleId : 013968663901

MoboSerial: 8394922205688217

Mfg Date : 05/20/2008

CPU Key : 250C5AD756041FB90978CF4CDF7EAC39

1BL Key : DD88AD0C9ED669E7B56794FB68563EFA

DVD Key : 94236EB05929CC3638D5C2A250306CB2

CF LDV : 6

KV type : type2 (hashed - Good! Signature is valid.)

xeBuild Finished. Have a nice day.

press <enter> to quit...

Have you tried another hard drive?

Dump the NAND image from the console using the client mode "-i" switch and check for bad blocks.

You can find your console's NAND image in the "mydata" folder.

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Soooo Much :)Buddy this tut made my day, It was very easy. Followed all steps & my Dashboard is updated and Good to go...

Just one question, will the update process format (as it shows in the cmd using XeBuild in the video) the hdd? All games + content would be gone? Or what does formatting hdd means? thx!