RealModScene
JPizzle

XeBuild FreeBOOT NAND Update Tutorial

hi guys 

tried this last night and everything seemed to go ok until the final reboot , after rebooting i got a red light in lower right hand section and a hardware failure your xbox needs to be repaired on tv screen , luckily i have just  bought a new harddrive and managed to replace the files that had just been written with the ones from my old harddrive and it now works and my system shows im now on 16537 ( was 16202 ) but i now dont have my avatars , is there an east fix for this and what did i do wrong for future reference , i have tried the $$ystemupdate on the root of a fat32 harddrive but my xbox doesnt tell me it needs to update i have also just upgraded to f3 and now have dashlaunch 3.07 . any help would be much appreciated and many thanks in advance michael

try renaming the file to $$ystemUpdate and not $$ystemupdate. (Capital U) 

there's a new dashlaunch out, 3.09  think is the latest. 

load dashlaunch and check under "behavior" that noupdater is enabled to look for updates @ $$ystemUpdate. (remember to save your ini file)

As for the machine and your red light with the attached HDD. bit of a strange one that.....when did this happen? after you patched xell with your new nand...?

try renaming the file to $$ystemUpdate and not $$ystemupdate. (Capital U) 

there's a new dashlaunch out, 3.09  think is the latest. 

load dashlaunch and check under "behavior" that noupdater is enabled to look for updates @ $$ystemUpdate. (remember to save your ini file)

As for the machine and your red light with the attached HDD. bit of a strange one that.....when did this happen? after you patched xell with your new nand...?

hi datastream and thank you for replying 

i did use the dashlaunch 3.09 like it said in the instructions but only used the install folder with the exe file in  i also placed all the file in the right places , i only got the red light after xebuild had finished installing and had rebooted my system , the last time i updated was about 6 weeks ago so i could get black ops 2 working for my son luckily a friend sorted it all out for me as im a noob , he has move away now so i thought i would grow some ball and try for myself , i didnt patch xell last night was i meant to and how do i save my ini file michael

oh just you posted that you had dashlaunch 3.07 in your thread. 

So how did you update... you used xebuild GUI or did you do it another way......

When your in dashlaunch then you save your ini by hitting right bumper and then scroll down to your hdd and then hit X it'll then tell you that you have saved your ini file. 

hi datastream

i just followed all of the instructions from the first page of thread , i do now have 3.07 but that is because that is what i had on my harddrive before doing the xebuild update and the red light problem , i had to delete everything on my new harddrive and replace them with the files from my old hardrive using party baffalo, so everything is back to where it was before the update apart from my avatar is missing and my system is now 16537 and not 16202 thanks again michael

Seems a bit odd... well if your sure your on system 16537 then just create a folder called dashlaunch and copy 3.09 across to that and then run the default xex and follow the onscreen prompts and then follow what I said in #227 for you avatars. 

download system update 16537 and rename it to $$ytemUpdate and then go to stock dashboard and put your usb key in the machine it should then tell you that security updates are available blah blah and just let it update. 

hi guys 

i am an idiot and this program would have worked first time for me if all i had done was to take my thumb drive with the dashlaunch exe after i got a red light on out of my xbox ,  for some reason my xbox didnt like rebooting with this still in , for those having problems connecting to xbox , i had this when i first tried so i went into fsd 3 setup link settings in the f3plugin then setup my jqe360.com account the next time i tried it tried to find my xbox it was a success , and to datastream you are a star and renaming worked a treat thankyou very much

I just updated but my kinect and avatar was not function after updated. PLease Help

If you followed this tutorial properly both your kinect and avatar data should have been installed, you can manually install the missing data by running the systemupdate off USB. There is a tutorial for this.. in the tutorials section.

great.... :)

Download xeBuild_GUI_2.091, (this version has dash 16537) then from there you can build your image, it's really straight forward, it will build an image for you that you can then put on a formatted FAT32 usb key. (you would put this file on the root of the USB key and then power your machine on with the eject and it should then update xell)

when you open the program, load your source file (your nand) then a little further down you load your CPU key... you should then see all green "ticks" along the bottom of xebuild... (this is the old way to do it but in your case sounds like the best way for now.) if you don't see all green ticks then don't proceed and report back.

Generate your image, this will make a file called "updflash.bin" copy this to a fresh formatted usb FAT32 key, stick it in your xbox and power it on with "eject" let it update..... 

let me know how you get on with this..... ;)

I tried this also but when I have the updflash.bin and put this on a fresh FAT32 stick and then put it in my Xbox anstart with eject, Xelload starts and nothing else happens?

I had to do this because my dashlaunch did break my box it wil not boot anymore.

Do you have another solution?

All the things you say happen in XEbuild and all is green but no updating image.

try another usb stick, and how are you formatting it.... also have you got "show file extensions" just to make sure the file is not called updflash.bin.bin (worth asking as I've seen it done before)

try another usb stick, and how are you formatting it.... also have you got "show file extensions" just to make sure the file is not called updflash.bin.bin (worth asking as I've seen it done before)

thanks for your answer , I tried already several sticks and they all worked before my box went black on the xbox, I also run Xell loader from it and yes file extension is on so that is not the problem. i am busy now for several hours I have my flash.bin and my cpukey and I run the latest Xebuild so I do not understand what is wrong.

I have a rgh box version 1.0 trinity. Thanks in advance

Great work fine and fast, only missing Avatars.

Thanks to team

download system update 16537 and rename it to $$ytemUpdate and then go to stock dashboard and put your usb key in the machine it should then tell you that security updates are available blah blah and just let it update. 

Thanks for this RMS/Xebuild team. This made updating the jtag I gave to my nephew so easy I felt guilty and had to make donation so I didn't feel like a complete leech on your work. Thanks again.

Today I am going to show you just how easy it is to update your JTAG/RGH Xbox 360 game console with XeBuild's new built in updater. Thank you to the team behind XeBuild for your ongoing support of the xbox console and for always keeping us up to date, without you there would be no xbox 360 scene.

I encourage everyone to send a small donation to the XeBuild team at donations@realmodscene.com 

First thing you need to do is download XeBuild, Dashlaunch, 16537 and the common packages posted at the bottom of this page. Extract the Dashlaunch package and in the extracted folder you will see a folder named 'Installer', move this folder and the default.xex it contains over to your xbox 360 HDD, USB or internal memory (anywhere you can access it using your F3 Filemanager).  Navigate to the default.xex in the installer folder on your xbox console and run the it.

This is the dashlaunch installer, it will prompt you to update as soon as it is launch as the version of dashlaunch on your console is older then the version you are running. Follow the onscreen prompts and it will install dashlaunch and shut down the console. Turn the console back on and load the dashlaunch installer default.xex again. You will be greeted with the Current Options screen, go down to the last option in the list 'Configurator' and click A to expand the menu. The 3rd option down will be 'updserv' and it will be disabled, enable it and leave dashlaunch running on your console.

Now go back to your computer and extract the XeBuild and common packages, take the 111 files from the common package and copy them into the 'common' folder from the extracted XeBuild package. Extract the 16537 package and place the '$Systemupdate' folder you get from it in the XeBuild 16537 folder. 

Back out of the 16537 folder so you are now in the XeBuild folder, make sure no files or folders are highlighted or selected. Hold shift on your keyboard and right click in an empty part of the folder being sure not to click on any of the files or folders and you will see an option in the right click menu that says 'open command window here', click it.

You have now been greeted with a beautiful command prompt window already in the XeBuild folder just waiting for you to tell it what to do. Type in the following command

xebuild update -f 16537

Press enter and stand back and watch XeBuild work it's magic! XeBuild will now read your NAND, create an updated freeBOOT image for your, flash it to your NAND and then apply the Avatar and Kinect data to your console. When it is done the console will reboot and you will be in the updated stock dashboard once the console loads up.

Now wasn't that easy?  Thank you XeBuild!

I encourage everyone to send a small donation to the XeBuild team at donations@realmodscene.com

hi bro I tried your tattorial, I followed your first step, I put dash lancher 3.09 into the flash and put it into my Jtaged xbox360 then I updated it after reboot My xbox360 is not booting any more only green light in the centre I don't know what to da please help me am new to it, My Xbox is almoust dead.Please help me I will really apriciate it.

There is a tutorial on how to fix this issue

Hello I already asked some advise abour this but unfortunately I did not get a solution yet. I followed the tutorial as place on this forum and after that I used XEbuild to make an updateflash.bin but when I put my fat32 formatted stick in the box Xelloader start but at the and it will not update but starts looking for xenon.el or vmlinux on usb.cd.dvd.

I tried several sticks but no luck. 

Is there someone here with the same experience?  pleae help?

it's updflash.bin (and I'm sure I asked, how are you formatting the stick) which USB slot are you using on the 360? all other drives un-plugged?

it's updflash.bin (and I'm sure I asked, how are you formatting the stick) which USB slot are you using on the 360? all other drives un-plugged?

Bro will you pleas send me a step by step tattorial, I am new to this i dont know how to handle this. what is updflash.bin. you mean i have to google it and then download it and then put it into the flash drive after this put that flash into my jtaged xbox360 and it will work. I really don't know what to do plz help I lost my consel in sake of fucking gta5 please help i will really appriciate.

I am sorry it is indeed updflash.bin i mis writed that, I format the stick on my windows  8 computer as fat32 I used several sticks also different in capacity and I have used the slots at the backside and on the frontside without any drive plugged in exept for my internal drive. I hope this information is usefull for you.

Thanks for your advise already but unfortunaly until now no luck