RealModScene
JPizzle

XeBuild FreeBOOT NAND Update Tutorial

Hi, I'm "relatively" new to this and I was curious to know why you need to do this, can't you just go to general settings / updates / and see what dash, skin and plugin updates are available to download from there ? 

Anyone who has a console that does not boot  after installing the latest dashlaunch needs to check out the tutorial I wrote to fix it. you are on a far too old kernel but dont worry your console is NOT BRICKED!

Today I am going to show you just how easy it is to update your JTAG/RGH Xbox 360 game console with XeBuild's new built in updater. Thank you to the team behind XeBuild for your ongoing support of the xbox console and for always keeping us up to date, without you there would be no xbox 360 scene.

I encourage everyone to send a small donation to the XeBuild team at donations@realmodscene.com 

First thing you need to do is download XeBuild, Dashlaunch, 16537 and the common packages posted at the bottom of this page. Extract the Dashlaunch package and in the extracted folder you will see a folder named 'Installer', move this folder and the default.xex it contains over to your xbox 360 HDD, USB or internal memory (anywhere you can access it using your F3 Filemanager).  Navigate to the default.xex in the installer folder on your xbox console and run the it.

This is the dashlaunch installer, it will prompt you to update as soon as it is launch as the version of dashlaunch on your console is older then the version you are running. Follow the onscreen prompts and it will install dashlaunch and shut down the console. Turn the console back on and load the dashlaunch installer default.xex again. You will be greeted with the Current Options screen, go down to the last option in the list 'Configurator' and click A to expand the menu. The 3rd option down will be 'updserv' and it will be disabled, enable it and leave dashlaunch running on your console.

Now go back to your computer and extract the XeBuild and common packages, take the 111 files from the common package and copy them into the 'common' folder from the extracted XeBuild package. Extract the 16537 package and place the '$Systemupdate' folder you get from it in the XeBuild 16537 folder. 

Back out of the 16537 folder so you are now in the XeBuild folder, make sure no files or folders are highlighted or selected. Hold shift on your keyboard and right click in an empty part of the folder being sure not to click on any of the files or folders and you will see an option in the right click menu that says 'open command window here', click it.

You have now been greeted with a beautiful command prompt window already in the XeBuild folder just waiting for you to tell it what to do. Type in the following command

xebuild update -f 16537

Press enter and stand back and watch XeBuild work it's magic! XeBuild will now read your NAND, create an updated freeBOOT image for your, flash it to your NAND and then apply the Avatar and Kinect data to your console. When it is done the console will reboot and you will be in the updated stock dashboard once the console loads up.

Now wasn't that easy?  Thank you XeBuild!

I encourage everyone to send a small donation to the XeBuild team at donations@realmodscene.com

This is Wooooooowww!!.....crazy!

I've followed the instructions to the letter ( 2 or 3 times now ) but I still keep getting a message saying my PC can't find my xbox :( I've switched off my firewalls etc but still no joy :(Don't know if it's relevant but I'm running windows 7 64 bit ??

I've followed the instructions to the letter ( 2 or 3 times now ) but I still keep getting a message saying my PC can't find my xbox :( I've switched off my firewalls etc but still no joy :(Don't know if it's relevant but I'm running windows 7 64 bit ??

Do you see an IP address in FSD?

I'm using Windows 7 x64 as well and this works fine.

You can force XeBuild to use an IP address you specify by using the "-ip <IP goes here>" switch on the command line.

Thanks for getting back to me, I have sorted it now, it was my ESET Security firewall blocking it. I had disabled ESET but for some reason the firewall has to be disabled separately, I just assumed that the firewall would go down when I disabled the whole fecking programme lol.

Good job I checked all the posts in this thread, I upgraded mine to 16202 from 14699 first ready for this upgrade but I got sidetracked testing/playing GTA 5. I will attempt this when I got some time in my hands (at work now)

Hello,

i hope im not totally messing up here by posting but i have an issue with the tutorial.
its written very well and even a noob like me is getting everything done, but as soon as i enter xebuild update -f 16537, i get an error that my "console hv patches are not recent enough".

Unfortunately I have no fucking clue about all that, so im absolutely confused and dont know what to do :(
what is an console hv patch, and how do i patch the patch so that i can continue with the update? :)

Thanks for your help! 

edit:

tried xebuild.exe client -p as suggested, but then i get the error "coudnt load 16499/patches_g2trinity.bin" 

there is a patches_trinity.bin files in the 16499/bin folder. Should i just rename it? is that the right file?

FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Please help:

After I copied the installer.xex and its folder to a usb-Stick, I opened installer.xex on my xbox360.

It asked if I want to update and said it would shut down. After the shutdown I cant boot up my xbox. The screen stays black and the Controller won't connect.

O Please help me!

Thanks in advance !

hey os.k,

i had the same problem. "copy your last nand dump to a fat32 thumbdrive, name it updflash.bin, put thumbdrive in 360 and power on with eject" helped me.

you need to wait a while after the update reboot. it takes a few minutes. i was too quick as well and messed it up.just reinstall the nand dump, and then try the update again, and this time keep cool and wait for it to reboot. 

• Like 1

Cheers!

The only problem is that I dont have the NAND Backup.

I started my 360 with eject button just now and the blue xell screen starts.

I can read my cpu key and an ip but I dont have the NAND backup. Is there any way of bringing my 360 back to live?

Cheers!

The only problem is that I dont have the NAND Backup.

I started my 360 with eject button just now and the blue xell screen starts.

I can read my cpu key and an ip but I dont have the NAND backup. Is there any way of bringing my 360 back to live?

If you can get to XeLL, you can download a nand dump from your xbox by going to xbox ip with a web browser (look for raw flash).

• Like 1

Hi thanks! can u tell me if there is a tutorial for this?

a tutorial for total noobs like me ? :(

or is it really just a file called raw flash - which is the nand backup?

okay, now i think i really killed it...

i copied the patches_g2trinity.bin from the 16537 folder into the 14599 folder and ran xebuild.exe client -p.

But now it wont reboot, and i cant repatch the nand dumb in xell ...

crap... any idea how to fix my misplaced creativity? 

(I'm not sure what you were trying to do....) do you have any "dumps" of the nand? 

does it boot into xell, ? power it on using the eject button..... if it does you can still save it :)

i was trying to update the uv patches.

its boots into xell, but doesnt find the dump i have... 

its just keeps scanning and scanning.

if it boots into xell, then stick the ip address that it gives you into chrome, or firefox, or I.E and that way you can get your dump/nand/cpu key

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2376-how-to-fix-non-booting-console-after-dashlaunch-update/

I did this and I could download the raw flash and the other two things. What do I have to do now? How can I save my xbox?

Cheers!

great.... :)

Download xeBuild_GUI_2.091, (this version has dash 16537) then from there you can build your image, it's really straight forward, it will build an image for you that you can then put on a formatted FAT32 usb key. (you would put this file on the root of the USB key and then power your machine on with the eject and it should then update xell)

when you open the program, load your source file (your nand) then a little further down you load your CPU key... you should then see all green "ticks" along the bottom of xebuild... (this is the old way to do it but in your case sounds like the best way for now.) if you don't see all green ticks then don't proceed and report back.

Generate your image, this will make a file called "updflash.bin" copy this to a fresh formatted usb FAT32 key, stick it in your xbox and power it on with "eject" let it update..... 

let me know how you get on with this..... ;)

• Like 1