RealModScene
JPizzle

XeBuild FreeBOOT NAND Update Tutorial

absolutely magical..!!

Updated in roughly 20 seconds..!!

Rebooted automatically and Dashlaunch survived the update also..!

Thanks a million for a superb job guys

Xbox360 Jasper 256 JTAG

I have a problem here. I copied dashlaunch 3.08 and started the default.xex , prompted me to update , hit ok , then said "patches not current, would you like to update" hit yes , then reboot , ok . It shut down and then when I tried to start it again the only thing that powers on is the green dot in the middle and the controller stays in "searching state"(all 4 lights blink) . I think I followed the steps in your video tutorial and still, something went wrong for me .I am waiting for an anwser if you have encountered this problem before.  Thanks !

Same problem here. I ran the default.xex in the "Installer" folder and everything went fine, console shut down. 

However, the console does not start up anymore!! It seems I bricked my console by following these instructions. 

I believe my Dashlaunch and FSD version was 2.xx .

I can still get to XELL by starting the console with the eject button, but that doesn't help much (it just loops "looking for xenon.elf). 

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to fix the situation? Thank you in advance!!

EDIT: I managed to fix the issue with help from very helpful JuggaHax @ the chat. It seems my original dashboard version was too old (14xxx). What I needed to do is build a new nand from a nand dump (Xell started so I could still dump nand) with the new dashboard version and things work again!

Hello

I still have problem with error:

console hv patches are not recent enough to support update mode!

update console patches and reboot before trying again.

The above solution is not working form me. Any suggestions?

Me to was having problems with HV patches.

what worked for me was re-installing FSD3 with the installer disk and do a fresh install of fsd and dashlaunch with the remove old install option.

then updating dashboard was a succes.

I am getting this error:

F:FirefoxX-BOX 360xeBuild_1.08>xebuild update -f 16537--------------------------------------------------------------- xeBuild v1.07.632------------------------------------------------------------------- { Update Mode } ----started, watching network for xbox...success, found xbox beacon at 192.168.1.9connected to Corona with updsvr version 1 (peek version 2)**** could not read cf_16537.bin (-1) *********** ERROR: critical bootloader files are missing, cannot proceed!***** FATAL UPDATE ERROR: -1 unable to complete NAND image---------------------------------------------------------------   xeBuild Finished. Have a nice day.---------------------------------------------------------------

I am getting this error:

F:FirefoxX-BOX 360xeBuild_1.08>xebuild update -f 16537--------------------------------------------------------------- xeBuild v1.07.632------------------------------------------------------------------- { Update Mode } ----started, watching network for xbox...success, found xbox beacon at 192.168.1.9connected to Corona with updsvr version 1 (peek version 2)**** could not read cf_16537.bin (-1) *********** ERROR: critical bootloader files are missing, cannot proceed!***** FATAL UPDATE ERROR: -1 unable to complete NAND image---------------------------------------------------------------   xeBuild Finished. Have a nice day.---------------------------------------------------------------

Did you put the $SystemUpdate folder in the XeBuild16537 folder?

Did you put the $SystemUpdate folder in the XeBuild16537 folder?

What a NOOB :rofl: i miss read that part. thanks for pointing out a "User Error" LOL :thumbup:

Hey guys I have a problem not so far away from the previous once but its a litte bit different perhaps somebody could help me. Thanks in adavance.

E:xboxXeBuild 1.08>xebuild update -f 16537
---------------------------------------------------------------
     xeBuild v1.07.632
---- { Update Mode } ----
started, watching network for xbox...success, found xbox beacon at 192.168.1.22
connected to Jasper with updsvr version 2 (peek version 0)

*****ERROR: console hv patches are not recent enough to support update mode!

***** FATAL UPDATE ERROR: unable to parse info reply from console!

xeBuild Finished. Have a nice day.

press <enter> to quit...

I checked the SystemUpdate folder is in and I tried this...

just run this command instead:

xebuild.exe client -p

which will update the HV for youbut it doesnt work either :-(

for anyone facing this error

*****ERROR: console hv patches are not recent enough to support update mode!

just run this command instead:

xebuild.exe client -p

which will update the HV for you

then shutdown and goto dashlauch again and enable updsrv

and run 

xebuild update -f 16537

now it should work flawlessly

happy upgrading

Hi there guys :)

I tried your fix but it didn't work out, I am still getting the "hv patches error".

I used dashlaunch 3.09 and 3.08, both are giving me the same error message.

What exactly are those HV patches? Only thing I found was a quote from the official Xebuild-NFO that says "full functionality may requireupdating console patches with the included hv patches"

Please help me, I've been trying to fix this for a few days now and I really don't know what to try next!

BTW: Kernel 2.0.14699

Thanks a lot

EDIT: Sorry for posting the same as the guy before me, did not notice that someone postet again ;)

Edited by aqustic

I have yet another problem. When I run default.xex form Installer folder I get black screen. Everything stops. I can't turn off my console until I remove the USB. Any help? ...

EDIT: And now my FSB locks randomly. I can play games just fine. But after around 30 sec with FSB it locks and i have to turn off the console ...

A.

I seem to be having trouble updating my DashLaunch!After i run default.exe and get the update prompt everything freezes after i press A to update.Cant do anything else other then just turning off the xbox! I tried this numerous times now with same result... any ideas?

Currently Running: V3.02 (459)Board:FalconFlash:FalconGlitch2Kernel: 2.0.15574.0

The best suggestion I can offer any of you having problems, is attach the log from the xebuild run to your posts. Make sure you are using dash launch 3.09, and if you have a problem don't be afraid to use the debug build that is included with 3.09 - it adds logging (one for the GUI and one for the update server) of things that will be very useful to see where your specific problem is console side. "It doesn't work" is simply not a debug-able problem, especially when facilities were provided to get some info in case you have an issue.

If you are looking to update a console and are worried that it may be problematic, you can also add the flag to update mode "-nowrite" which will do the entire update process but without writing anything to the console. If you add a "-d folder" argument as well, it will retain the image it built and a dump of what is on the console now as well as many bits and pieces if they are available. For example:

xebuild.exe update -f 16537 -d corona_16537test -nowrite

You can also always use build mode to make a new image and client mode to dump and reflash - these should work regardless of whether you are able to update patches console side. xebuild client -r nanddump.bin, xebuild client -w nandflash.bin (you choose the file names here.) Or, even revert to older methods via external flashers or xell - update mode is not forced on anyone.

And last but not least, those of you with issue updating patches causing non-booting - apologies from everyone envolved. I'm not sure if anyone tested an console that had extremely old patch sets (pre-dash launch GUI, which would report as peek version 0) and there is always going to be some odd cases of things just not working right. Hey, it even happens when using unmodified consoles and official updates - sometimes things just fail to work.

A small explanation on what hv patches are: for all types of machines, JTAG or glitch, kernel and hypervisor are patched from data in NAND just prior to code execution being handed to the hypervisor; these patches are kept separate so they can be updated without a complete console reflash. Inside of one of the hypervisor patches is a method to do various things, like switch on memory protection when you run xbox1 content (otherwise the console would crash), another to allow escalated privileges to do things like load xell via xelllaunch, and yet another to allow us to look at memory that is normally inaccessible to programs like dashlaunch - this final one is needed to by update mode to allow access to the physical fuses and 1BL to gather all the data needed to update the console without the user needing to provide more than essentially permission (running the programs) and the actual console.

Meerkat: You can try updating to 3.07 or 3.06, you are running a really old version of dash launch (I'd personally just build a new image with the most recent in it already with the files in for_xxbuild.zip and reflash the console.)

Aimbot: Try the debug version in 3.09, your problem is what it was included for specifically.

Including Splinter Cell Blacklist disc swap??

It works fine... so long as you rip the Content folder from the one disk and put it at it's install location on the hdd or other content memory unit, and rebuild the disk without that folder on it for extracted/GOD (rebuild may not be necessary, but I did it to save hdd space). Or... use the actual disks. 

A small explanation on what hv patches are: for all types of machines, JTAG or glitch, kernel and hypervisor are patched from data in NAND just prior to code execution being handed to the hypervisor; these patches are kept separate so they can be updated without a complete console reflash. Inside of one of the hypervisor patches is a method to do various things, like switch on memory protection when you run xbox1 content (otherwise the console would crash), another to allow escalated privileges to do things like load xell via xelllaunch, and yet another to allow us to look at memory that is normally inaccessible to programs like dashlaunch - this final one is needed to by update mode to allow access to the physical fuses and 1BL to gather all the data needed to update the console without the user needing to provide more than essentially permission (running the programs) and the actual console.

Hi :) Thank you very much for your help.

So, there isn't an easy way to update those hv patches seperately, right? Do you suggest me trying the old way of updating?

My problem is that I don't have the original dump of my NAND before it got glitched, that's a problem, right?

Sorry for asking that many questions, I just don't know what to do next.

Kernel 2.0.14699

Thank you very much,

Thomas

Aimbot: it could actually be you have some bad memory attached, maybe do a chkdsk on the usb stick you have to remove? Or try without it at all? Also try signing out of any profiles if you have auto sign in.

Christianmoel: see earlier in the thread, and don't skip the step that says something about $systemupdate...

yarik123: the only reason I know of for a box that won't turn on is corrupt smc on the flash. Make sure to try removing power to the console from the mains (at the back of the console) for a couple minutes, sometimes smc just needs a hard reset like that - anything else is going to require a hardware flasher, unfortunately, if it won't turn on at all.

So, there isn't an easy way to update those hv patches seperately, right? Do you suggest me trying the old way of updating?

My problem is that I don't have the original dump of my NAND before it got glitched, that's a problem, right?

Sorry for asking that many questions, I just don't know what to do next.

Kernel 2.0.14699

If the updater is failing to update (client -p uses the same method as dash launch's internal updater, just a different delivery system) them then no, there is no other way. You don't really need the original dump, you can use a current one for the build process. I do it all the time to retain my video settings and similar. You will have to set things up for building a new image, though, and make a dump of what you have currently.

Same problem here. I ran the default.xex in the "Installer" folder and everything went fine, console shut down. 

However, the console does not start up anymore!! It seems I bricked my console by following these instructions. 

I believe my Dashlaunch and FSD version was 2.xx .

I can still get to XELL by starting the console with the eject button, but that doesn't help much (it just loops "looking for xenon.elf). 

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to fix the situation? Thank you in advance!!

EDIT: I managed to fix the issue with help from very helpful JuggaHax @ the chat. It seems my original dashboard version was too old (14xxx). What I needed to do is build a new nand from a nand dump (Xell started so I could still dump nand) with the new dashboard version and things work again!

how did u dump nand with xell???

Ok i got it to work before You replayed TeamFSD :) :) :). Great and easy way to update your console when you get rid of problems. I ran into two of them. Ill explain what i did below:

1. Black screen. I downloaded F3Installer.7z first and  installed F3. It had an older version of dash launch in it. It didn't give me black screen and I was able to install it. Then I downloaded and started  version 3.09 debug of dash launch as You advised in Your post. It started without any problems and I was able to set it right.

Right after that I ran into another problem:

2.Outdated hv patches. I tried what JJHHJJ554455 suggested in his post (post #43). I first ran this command: xebuild.exe client -p. Then restarted my console. Went to dash launch, enabled updserv and ran xebuild update -f 16537 command. Everything updated, my console restarted and was upgraded to newest version.

You guys are ace. Thank You for Your hard work and help You provide. Really great job ...

A.

Great tutorial first of all and big thanks as well for the handy attachments

Made updating my jtagged boxes easy as pie and blazing fast

After a little bit of tweaking to my Windows VM install network settings (which I suspected were at fault, since VM ip=10.168.2.2, and xbox ip=10.168.1.102 - all it took was to set Network to "Bridged" instead of "Nat", and xebuild found as expected the xbox beacon, no issues on the process itself). Back on 16537, straight to FSD and latest dashlaunch is also installed. 

I'm going to save a few bucks to donate for all the xebuild and dashlaunch guys. This is yet another great way to update our boxes.

post-4117-0-81868100-1379247687_thumb.png