RealModScene
JPizzle

XeBuild FreeBOOT NAND Update Tutorial

First of all thums up for the team behind Dashlaunch and XeBuild!!

Updated my xbox in a few seconds as well.

I prefer having a backup of the actual NAND before updating. therefore i used the -d option.

It saves 2 .bin files named;

16537_gg_falcon.binandnanddump.bin

Can someone confirm that "nanddump.bin" is the backup of my NAND before the update procedure?

Thanks in advance!

I cant get this to work either on my corona v3 , both pc and xbox connect to router via cable both are within ip range. I can see the xbox in my network map. OS firewall off, AV off , Router firewall off but still same error xbox not found . updsrv is enabled and left running but as others have said its not running under system info??

My setup is corona v3 on dash 16202 , tx cr3 lite, tx post fix, matrix trident dual nand if that helps.

Any ideas??

Ive had a rgh for ages and for some crazy reason I cant get dashlaunch to start ive done this loads of times to just hangs with a black screen can anyone help please :-)

I keep getting an error when trying to update from command.

I get this:

Posted Image

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

I'm new to this so most likely something I've done.

I have extracted the 111 files from the common.zip download and have the $systemupdate both in the common folder.

But there doesn't seem to be a bin file called "cf_16537.bin" in the common folder  :huh:

I would imagine that would most likely be the source of my problem?

Help would be greatly appreciated  :thumbup:

• Like 1

I cant get this to work either on my corona v3 , both pc and xbox connect to router via cable both are within ip range. I can see the xbox in my network map. OS firewall off, AV off , Router firewall off but still same error xbox not found . updsrv is enabled and left running but as others have said its not running under system info??

My setup is corona v3 on dash 16202 , tx cr3 lite, tx post fix, matrix trident dual nand if that helps.

Any ideas??

Have you disabled your routers firewall, PC's firewall and check that your router doesn't filter multicast?I had a similar issue with a D-Link NAS and the Click and Connect utility not seeing each other.

Have you disabled your routers firewall, PC's firewall and check that your router doesn't filter multicast?I had a similar issue with a D-Link NAS and the Click and Connect utility not seeing each other.

Duhhh my bad, skimmed through what you said. :blushing: Check the router dosnt filter Multicast

I have extracted the 111 files from the common.zip download and have the $systemupdate both in the common folder.

But there doesn't seem to be a bin file called "cf_16537.bin" in the common folder  :huh:

The $SystemUpdate folder needs to go in the 16537 folder.

For those with the timeout error I may have stumbled upon the problem. It could have all been a coincidence but for me it depended on how I updated dashlaunch. I installed it directly from a USB stick and when I would run dashlaunch afterwards from FSD the version number on the top did not match with the actual version number on the lower left hand corner. So I just copied the default.xex from the dashlaunch update at the beginning of the thread over the default.xex of the actual dashlaunch install location on my hard drive. That got the version number on the top and bottom of dashlaunch to match and I retried the command line entry and it worked.

So to sum up: while inside dashlaunch check the version numbers on top and bottom to make sure they match, if they don't get them to match and try again.

There is also the "install this" button on the one page, that will copy the currently running installer to a folder "DL30" wherever you choose via the file explorer - mostly to make it easier to update an installed... installer, from a USB stick - otherwise installer itself does not install itself.

Success at first try, dashlaunsh survived to update.

Thank you ALL!

Kernel    : 2.0.16537.0Console   : FalconNAND size : 16MiBBuild     : JTAG

My Second RGH. Thanks RMS

Posted Image

Mine also booted to FSD and works brilliantly with no further action needed :)

Finally Done

:)

for anyone facing this error

*****ERROR: console hv patches are not recent enough to support update mode!

update console patches and reboot before trying again.

just run this command instead:

xebuild.exe client -p

which will update the HV for you

then shutdown and goto dashlauch again and enable updsrv

and run 

xebuild update -f 16537

now it should work flawlessly

happy upgrading

Hello

I still have problem with error:

console hv patches are not recent enough to support update mode!

update console patches and reboot before trying again.

The above solution is not working form me. Any suggestions?