RealModScene
JPizzle

XeBuild FreeBOOT NAND Update Tutorial

Im not seeing the command prompt option while holding shift and right clicking in the xebuild folder. Could this be because im running xp? If so is there any way around it?

Im not seeing the command prompt option while holding shift and right clicking in the xebuild folder. Could this be because im running xp? If so is there any way around it?

go to your start button, then run, type in CMD and press enter

now navigate to your XeBuild folder, I would suggest moving it to C:XeBuild first so it is easy to navigate to.

Actually it's

xebuild update -f 16537 -ip 192.168.1.1
isn't it?

However, I still can't update since xebuld is always unable to find console (even when providing ip manually). I have turned off firewall and all, and I can use FTP and samba server normally, so xbox is connectable.

yes it is, my mistake

I just connected my xbox to pc. Bridged connections of my computer wireless card and ethernet port.

Did everything as said here and after the update it even automatically launched F3 with no need for reinstalling dash.

Thank you very much. 

ps. How can I donate to donations? I have paypay.

I just connected my xbox to pc. Bridged connections of my computer wireless card and ethernet port.

Did everything as said here and after the update it even automatically launched F3 with no need for reinstalling dash.

Thank you very much. 

ps. How can I donate to donations? I have paypay.

you mean PayPal ?

donations@realmodscene.com

I have a problem with connection... my xbox and pc are connect to router and the problem is "udp wait timeout! failed to find xbox beacon" and i tried pc-xbox wired.. but still doesn't work... how can i resolve this problem? i tried direct to ip with "xebuild update -f 16537 -ip 192.168.10.191" but did not recognize xbox. Anyone with a idea for this? 

I have a problem with connection... my xbox and pc are connect to router and the problem is "udp wait timeout! failed to find xbox beacon" and i tried pc-xbox wired.. but still doesn't work... how can i resolve this problem? i tried direct to ip with "xebuild update -f 16537 -ip 192.168.10.191" but did not recognize xbox. Anyone with a idea for this? 

Xbox and computer MUST be on the same subnet

thanks JPizzle, got it running through command prompts...however now i am receiving this message.any advice on how to proceed?

run the $systemupdate manually to install avatarkinect data

i have taken the $systemupdate folder from folder 16537, renamed it to $$ystemupdate and put it on a usb stick that has nothing else on it. Put it in the back of the console and booted it up but no update took place. Is this the correct procedure? 

run a game with the usb attached, it should prompt you to update before the game runs.

it's still not updating. i tried several games. using default skin. and while in metro dash.

does this have anything to do with dashlaunch? While in dashlaunch - at the top is says V3.06 (507) , at the bottom is says currently running 3.08 (523)

don't forget that you're supposed to put the fat32 formatted stick containing the $systemupdate folder once the default metro dashboard is ALREADY fully loaded and on the main screen, not before. when you plug the stick and the system tries to display the message about "there's a change in storage" and such is when the prompt for update should appear

Thanks i did try your suggestion on putting the fat32 formatted usb stick containing $systemupdate and i also tried $$ystemupdate while in metro dash. I did see the message there was a change in storage, remounting drives but nothing about updating.

• Like 1

try this... in your usb put only $$ystemupdate (or try $systemupdate) and nothing else... turn on console and then appear logo with xbox enter the usb. 

Thanks, I gave it a try but unfortunately did not work. Perhaps worth mentioning is I can't boot directly to metro dash by holding in rb when starting up. I've always had to boot to fsd then go to system options. When prompted to leave I then hold in rb and can get to metro.

i'm currently running 16203 trying to get to 16537...so it is the $$ystemupdate from 16537 that i should be trying to apply - correct?? it's what ive been trying anyhow.

also in the error posted above it says "loading avatar data...success!"

the error from the command prompt is "unable to format systex partition" - sorry folks i'm a bit confused - any help will be appreciated