RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
fernsx

Help: Create custom splashscreen

all i know its the file splash.dds that needs to be edited, but i dont know what zise it has to be, or what software use to create it.

thanks in advance.

You don't have to edit that one at all, you could if you prefer dds-file, or you could just edit the SplashScreen.xur and add whatever you want there.

I edit dds-files with Photoshop with the Nvidia Texture tool, keep in mind that dimensions of your image (if you're going to use the dds-file) need to be "powers of 2", so resize it to that. Some examples would be 256x256, 512x2048, 1024x512, etc.

Although dds-files could be in other dimensions, but they would look rather bad, an example would be the coverflow in FSD, their dimensions are not powers of 2. But the reason they choose to use dds there I guess would be because they load ALOT faster than any png/jpg image

You don't have to edit that one at all, you could if you prefer dds-file, or you could just edit the SplashScreen.xur and add whatever you want there.

I edit dds-files with Photoshop with the Nvidia Texture tool, keep in mind that dimensions of your image (if you're going to use the dds-file) need to be "powers of 2", so resize it to that. Some examples would be 256x256, 512x2048, 1024x512, etc.

Although dds-files could be in other dimensions, but they would look rather bad, an example would be the coverflow in FSD, their dimensions are not powers of 2. But the reason they choose to use dds there I guess would be because they load ALOT faster than any png/jpg image

thanks, and thank you for the explanation on the "powers of 2" i was having ttrouble converting some images with that msg, i'll try to re-convert in those zises. btw, what can i use to edit splashcreen.xur ? i've readed that xuitool can make that, but it asks me for other files to open (.xui files)

thanks, and thank you for the explanation on the "powers of 2" i was having ttrouble converting some images with that msg, i'll try to re-convert in those zises. btw, what can i use to edit splashcreen.xur ? i've readed that xuitool can make that, but it asks me for other files to open (.xui files)

It's the right tool, just choose ''All files'' instead of just xui files

You could open the splah screen xur file and change the image to a PNG and then use any PNG file instead.

I've done that with a skin I'm working on, much easier to mess around with background then