RealModScene

54 minutes ago, mutt_th said:

Thanks very much it work ok but some time see crash .

If you dont want crashes, switch to Aurora. Its way better imo.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Atifkazia said:

If you dont want crashes, switch to Aurora. Its way better imo.

What is Aurora ?   Is it original Dashboard  

Thanks

55 minutes ago, mutt_th said:

What is Aurora ?   Is it original Dashboard  

Thanks

NxE is the stock dashboard, on a regular Xbox. Aurora is similar to FSD, but much better. It is missing some of the eye candy that FSD has, but it is a lot more stable, and faster than FSD ever was. ;)

Maybe something of your fsd data are crashed. Install it again or (better) switch to Aurora.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:10 PM, gavin_darkglider said:

NxE is the stock dashboard, on a regular Xbox. Aurora is similar to FSD, but much better. It is missing some of the eye candy that FSD has, but it is a lot more stable, and faster than FSD ever was. ;)

totally new on this XBOX JTAG and I just finally updated my FSD v3 rev 58 to 775

is it hard to update FSD to Aurora?

First, Aurora isnt an update to FSD, but a replacement for FSD. Is it hard to update to? I guess that depends on your definition of hard. Really all you have to do is download it from http://phoenix.xboxunity.net/#/news. Then you extract the rar file, and copy the extracted files to the xbox hdd. Once it is on the xbox hdd, you will need to modify the launch.ini, and change the default= line to point at the path of Aurora. eg. if you have Aurora on the internal hdd, it should look something like default=hdd:\Aurora\Aurora.xex. This is assuming you put it in a folder called Aurora. Then all you have to do is reboot the xbox, and it should boot into Aurora. Once you are in Aurora, you will need to setup scan paths, like you did in FSD, and then redownload all cover art. The most recently used TU files for all of the games that are scanned should get pulled into Aurora on startup after you create your database.(Aurora does this for you, once you set up your scan paths, and you restart Aurora.) You will need to download all of the covers again, as the covers that FSD uses are incompatible with Aurora. You will also have to re insert your unity login information. So, once you figure all of that into it, I would give this a hardness rating of 3 out of 10.  After you have completed all of this, you can remove FSD. That being said, some people still prefer FSD, so in the meantime, I advise you play with aurora a bit, before you decide to change to it. Aurora does load faster, and has a bunch of stuff that FSD will never have, especially once LinkV2 comes out, at which time, LinkV1 will no longer be supported, and any link related online play will require Nova, which is the replacement to the Freestyle Plugin, which will not work with FSD. The current public release of Aurora is 0.6b, but if all goes well, 0.7b should be released soon.... How soon, I dont know, I just test it, so all I can tell you is that it isnt quite ready yet. Almost, but not yet. Also, if you want your HUD to reflect that you are using aurora, you will need to also download and install my HUD patches, as the current version of Aurora is still running the Freestyle Plugin..... For now.

Did anyone ever figure out how to get FSD to work with like 700 plus titles?? I love the eye candy man it's freaking nice. FSD just crashes to much when there are too many games installed but Aurora handles them just fine. Still, if someone does know of a fix for FSD please let us know.

Thanks.

The biggest issue with FSD is the handling of large libraries. To fix this would require major rewrites of the code base. Since the codebase was never made public, and the team has disbanded, chances are these issues will never be fixed. I might be able to get the code, but I like aurora, so I probably wouldnt waste my time to do this. If I did get my hands on it, i would probably use it to start my own project, and use it as a reference. That being said, being a member of Team Phoenix, we have so many other things coming in 0.7b, that makes revisiting FSD source pointless, and as a base for a spinoff project, it would be a better starting point. That being said, once 0.7b is finished, more time will get devoted to Nova, and link v2. Chances are only minor updates will be added to Aurora after that, and maybe only one or 2 new features, as the Dev team is pretty happy with it as it sits now. It really is getting to the point where new features for aurora will basically be what the community asks for, as long as they follow the aurora standards. Other than that, I think it is way superior to FSD, especially with the new features in 0.7b. 

I'll keep a look out for Aurora 0.7b. It would be dam nice to get the code for FSD thou as who knows what independent devs could do for us with it!!!

Thanks.

7 hours ago, MannyMania said:

I'll keep a look out for Aurora 0.7b. It would be dam nice to get the code for FSD thou as who knows what independent devs could do for us with it!!!

Thanks.

The major issues would requre major rewrites. On top of that, alot of the code belongs to devs that are no longer involved in the scene, and have dropped off the map. Which means that getting permission from them to release their code isnt going to be easy. FSD2.2 source is/was on google code, but it was missing a bunch of files, due to some of the devs not wanting to opensource their code, so it doesnt compile as is.

On 9/25/2017 at 10:50 AM, gavin_darkglider said:

The biggest issue with FSD is the handling of large libraries. To fix this would require major rewrites of the code base. Since the codebase was never made public, and the team has disbanded, chances are these issues will never be fixed. I might be able to get the code, but I like aurora, so I probably wouldnt waste my time to do this. If I did get my hands on it, i would probably use it to start my own project, and use it as a reference. That being said, being a member of Team Phoenix, we have so many other things coming in 0.7b, that makes revisiting FSD source pointless, and as a base for a spinoff project, it would be a better starting point. That being said, once 0.7b is finished, more time will get devoted to Nova, and link v2. Chances are only minor updates will be added to Aurora after that, and maybe only one or 2 new features, as the Dev team is pretty happy with it as it sits now. It really is getting to the point where new features for aurora will basically be what the community asks for, as long as they follow the aurora standards. Other than that, I think it is way superior to FSD, especially with the new features in 0.7b. 

Aurora is very nice, only thing I'd really want it to have is native smb, but I can't complain. It is beautiful

On 9/24/2017 at 5:50 PM, gavin_darkglider said:

Hey gavin_darkglider.  Do you think you could try to get the FSD code and maybe the permission to release it? Aurora is great but FSD was also very special as well. If the code could be made available it would be great to see what it would become.

Cheers.

hi guys trying to load nova.xex with fsd but still nothing happening. tried replace fsd plugin with nova with no luck, with dashlaunch it not loading too(