RealModScene
tinpanalley

My RGH with XBOX1 titles

Just curious, I had my RGH set up and installed by someone online. Is there a definitive way to know if it has been treated to run XBOX1 backups from the HDD? As I don't know, the process, I don't know what I'm looking for. All I know is that installing via FSD's disc ripping function didn't run the game.

Thanks.

I play xbox classic games all the time

Do be sure to check the list to see what games will actually run (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360), not all games will play.

If you use the XBOX1 Compatibility hacked files (xb1_13599_jul_2011-hacked) you'll be able to use Component and HDMI.. the 2007 files don't support HDMI. Other than HDMI support, very few games added to it.

• Like 1

What I need to know is...1. whether there is a process which makes XBOX1 emulation possible on the 360 so that all games are possible OUTSIDE of the titles that the 360 was backwards compatible with.2. if there is a process, how to know if that was installed on my 360 when I had it rgh'ed.

If there is NO other way other than the stock backwards compatibility to play XBOX1 games, then the only thing I want to know is if they'll play from the internal HDD.

Then do a quick fix yourself rather you have it or not, if you have it you may have the older files.

Download this file, this is on my site and is only temp.

www.irishdave.ie/1/compatibilityfix.zip

Extract files, put "HDD Compatibility Partition Fixer" on your xbox hdd, and load the default.xex, go through the options, press A to confirm creation, etc... reboot when told.

After reboot, ftp back to your xbox and goto HDDX, then copy the Compatibility folder into it.

Reboot xbox, you should be able to load games.

Games that outside the titles that was officially fixed for 360 will not work, few games people have managed that's included in this compatibilitiy.

I've personally managed to get dino crisis 3 to work, you'll get more info here > http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/1755-dino-crisis-3-on-xbox-360-bypass

As for the rest, your on your own, if you manage to get them working, do share :)

• Like 1

For the moment it's for 007 Nightfire. But eventually, for other games. I just never asked the guy who did the rgh for me if he had installed the XBOX1 emulator and when I tried to copy Nightfire to the hdd it won't load. I thought the point of the emulator was to play EVERYthing even beyond the bw compatibility of the 360. 

Anyway, I kept and still have my modded XBOX1 but I was hoping to do all the MS gaming on the 360. Now, how to find out if my XBOX1 games will load on my modded XBOX1. There's gotta be a list out there for that.

Thanks for the file.

Its not just the emulator, its the 360 hardware too, some old games don't support that hardware, and the hardware cant support it.. that's the way it is. deal with it.

as for how to find out about xbox1 modded tutorials.. google.it

• Like 1

Thanks for all the help. For some reason 007 Nightfall wont load. Maybe I need to get the disc copied onto the hdd again?

Thanks anyway

a slight thread hijack, but is it possible to partition external usb drives for the emulator fix? i don't think it'd be a wise idea to try to partition the internal memory unit of a corona 4g...

has to be internal hdd, xbox games are designed to run off a Hard Drive (built in), xbox classic didn't have a usb for additional  storage. Game Saves goto the hard drive. No other way. You can load games from a usb.

• Like 1

i know, i have already several emulators running without problems on my system and also i've put most of my dlc and other installables on a usb pendrive. the thing is, nobody bothered to port atarixlbox from the original xbox to the 360 and i read here that the emu works with no issues via the xbox emulator, that's why i asked.

so far the pendrive solution works for almost everything but a couple of very specific things, for example battlefield 3 is unable to recognize its hd content if it's installed on a pendrive -unlike other installables for different games like halo and forza 4-, xbox emu requires an internal hdd as you said, xell still has some problems with its hdmi output, etc. so if coronas without internal hdd can't enjoy legacy support... well, tough luck for us! :sweat:

can't say i'm disappointed with my purchase, though  :beer:

Nobody's actually had any direct experience with Nightfall have they?

It's 007 nightfall that's your problem. I've never been able to get it load, a few people online have had the same issue. All that's been said when it is working is that they're running it on an NTSC machine.

I'm PAL with NTSC rip and it's not working.

I know the topic is old, but there is anyone who had tested, or have knowledge of someone that have, which games (LIST OF ALL) beoynd the official compatibility list microsoft provides works? Also, wich ones are improved with the hack emulator files? Other thing, there is difference between play original xbox from external hd or internal on RGH? I'm playing from usb (the compatible ones) just fine (i think, cause i dont know if the frmrate issues on some games happens on original xbox too, cause i never played any game on it, i never even saw one original xbox in my life). Since now, thanks

I know the topic is old, but there is anyone who had tested, or have knowledge of someone that have, which games (LIST OF ALL) beoynd the official compatibility list microsoft provides works? Also, wich ones are improved with the hack emulator files? Other thing, there is difference between play original xbox from external hd or internal on RGH? I'm playing from usb (the compatible ones) just fine (i think, cause i dont know if the frmrate issues on some games happens on original xbox too, cause i never played any game on it, i never even saw one original xbox in my life). Since now, thanks

Other than the Wikipedia page I don't know if you'll get much more info all in one place. Original xbox is going to be better to play most of them on, but I don't have too many issues running them off my external 2TB hdd. Framerate can be choppy on some, whereas the original xbox plays them fine, read the issues/glitches on the wiki for game specific issues.

I think there are only a few games beyond the compat list, not sure what all they are, sorry. I do have DOA: Extreme beach Volleyball running outside that list though.

There were no new games added to the emulator. all that was changed in the hacked emulator, is the xbe hashchecks. the only way to get an unofficial game sort of working would be to try a different emulator profile. The emulator has different profiles for different games to fix various issues in a supported game. if you can convince the system that game A is actually game B, then it will load the profile for Game B, and launch the emulator with that profile. This helps with some games that were never supported, but isnt a guaranteed fix.

There were no new games added to the emulator. all that was changed in the hacked emulator, is the xbe hashchecks. the only way to get an unofficial game sort of working would be to try a different emulator profile. The emulator has different profiles for different games to fix various issues in a supported game. if you can convince the system that game A is actually game B, then it will load the profile for Game B, and launch the emulator with that profile. This helps with some games that were never supported, but isnt a guaranteed fix.

Actually, with disabling things in the emulator, some of the "blocked" games started working as-is but with issues... (without using a profile from another game)

• Like 1