RealModScene
flaviochief

My XBOX 360 temps are way too high?

So I've got my RGH xbox 360 running with the fans at 100%.

But while I play Gears of War 1 my temperatures go up to: 

Processor: 56ºC

Graphics: 49-50ºC

Memory: 47ºC

Chasis: 35ºC

What should I do to make it run cooler?

I've tried putting a 240V fan on top of the case and the temperatures stay at 52ºC [processor], but I makes WAY too much noise, so I don't use it.

Can you guys give me some tips?

These temps are not high at all. The stock temperatures for the xbox360 cpu and gpu are 85C.

In my RGH nands I programmed a target temp of 55C and on a warm day the fan will rev up quite high.

I think that 56C is not a temp that will give a lot of problems.

240V fan on top? so this is SLIM, right? This temps are way to low like for SLIM.

I have modded SMC in my Nand image to 40% fan speed and I get 70C for CPU (never more).

Max CPU temp for regular Xbox SLIM is 89C, so don't worry about your temps.

------------------

SMC config info:

------------------

Target temps: Cpu: 82řC Gpu: 78řC Edram: 76řC

Max temps : Cpu: 89řC Gpu: 82řC Edram: 82řC

Cpu Fan : (auto)

Gpu Fan : (auto)

MAC Address : 00:25:ae:xx:xx:xx

AVRegion : 0x00000300 (PAL50)

GameRegion : 0x02fe (PAL/EU)

DVDRegion : 2

resetKey : YYDD

---------------------

Checking for smc config data patches

smc config patched!

---------------------

SMC patched info:

------------------

Target temps: Cpu: 82řC Gpu: 78řC Edram: 76řC

Max temps : Cpu: 89řC Gpu: 82řC Edram: 82řC

Cpu Fan : 40% (overridden)

Gpu Fan : (auto)

MAC Address : 00:25:ae:xx:xx:xx

AVRegion : 0x00000300 (PAL50)

GameRegion : 0x02fe (PAL/EU)

DVDRegion : 2

resetKey : YYDD

---------------------

Wow! Thanks guys! And yes it is a Slim, Corona v3 (if I recall correctly)

But is there a way to decrease the temperature even further?

Let's say, if I open the console and leave it open, will that make any difference to the temperatures?

I wire all of my 360's with a 9v laptop fan that fits between the intake grate on the top cover and the auxiliary cooling fin on the gpu heat sink.  I orient the fan as an intake and it works well with the exhaust fan by sending air right through the cpu and gpu heat sinks and out the fan shroud to the exhaust fan.  I use a 12 volt and 3v line off of the dvd tray to spin the fan at 9v.  This creates good airflow while keeping the fan nice and quiet at the same time.  After doing this I keep my fans on default so that the system can control the flow and set my temperature parameters in dashlaunch to be a little lower than stock, that way my system stays nice and cool without sounding like a hurricane.

Wow! Thanks guys! And yes it is a Slim, Corona v3 (if I recall correctly)

But is there a way to decrease the temperature even further?

Let's say, if I open the console and leave it open, will that make any difference to the temperatures?

Leaving it open? No not really. You should try installing an air cooler MOD, takes your max to 48C (If your max is 89C).

these temps are high for me the hottest t hing in my xbox which is a jtag falcon is my actual case and that goes to about 38c and that was the other week and I live in England so if anyone else lives in England u know last week was fucking hot my gpu and cpu do not go above 37c and that has been on all day

the reason for the temps being so low is that I have a koolance exos 2.5 cooling my xbox and ps3 the ps3 temps top out at 41c on rsx never been higher even doing last of us

• Like 1

my slim model usually starts at 50c, then after playing for some time will go up to 80c. wondering if i can lower the temp a lil bit to around 60-70c. anyone using an external fan cooler to lower the temp?

my slim model usually starts at 50c, then after playing for some time will go up to 80c. wondering if i can lower the temp a lil bit to around 60-70c. anyone using an external fan cooler to lower the temp?

Why not just set it to 65 in dashlaunch?

Ok im not sure what is up with mine it runs like this all the time and I have no clue how to get it to cool down.

CPU 70.8 C

GPU 75.8 C

MEM 73.6 C

CASE 37.7 C

I belave it is JTAG not sure what kind and Im justing Freestly Dash to play my games.  Can someone hlep me out thanx.

Ok im not sure what is up with mine it runs like this all the time and I have no clue how to get it to cool down.CPU 70.8 CGPU 75.8 CMEM 73.6 CCASE 37.7 CI belave it is JTAG not sure what kind and Im justing Freestly Dash to play my games.  Can someone hlep me out thanx.

Just change the temperature tresholds or set your fans to 100%...

they are normal, just keep it in a safe low place where dust wont bug the fan, and nothing will cover any of the vents, in my case when i first had my xbox rgh i didnt know what temps were the optimal, and they were around 80° celcius, it worked for a week till a cable of the rgh came down because it was so hot the damn tin melted and make the cable loose, so no more xbox till the guy who did the job solder it like it was supposed to, still i turn the fan up to 80% noise but since im in the city i forget the fan exists, plus headphones

it worked for a week till a cable of the rgh came down because it was so hot the damn tin melted and make the cable loose

That has NOTHING to do with the temperatures we're talking about, for the solder to smelt you need to have ATLEAST 200 degree's celcius, what can cause that kind of problems however is bad soldering joint from the start and vibrations...

I highly don't recommend setting a static fan speed, it's better to just change the temperature values instead, this makes the fan goe faster while still allowing the fan to go up...

I have had my Xbox running and playing games for the past few hours, and when I take a temperature laser and point it down the exhaust it reads 131°F (55°C) and I don't have any problems. I have the 360 E, so i still have Warranty, but when it runs out, I am defiantly running a water cooling system. 

I have a Corona v3 motherboard and even under load it doesn't go over 60°c, I have a 12v fan mod set to auto.

My Trinity starts around 49C but climbs into 78-79C with or without gaming.

The fans are set on auto on FSD3.

I would maybe have to check the thresholds in Dashlaunch. I guess Coronas run cooler than Trinitys.

Lol ,,what's this

did u fit your home air conditioner with yourxbox??[emoji6]

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

that's not mine, but I did look it all up, went to buy the parts and then never got round to it, for now I have a simple fan combination. 

but loads of mods out there.... :)

1190403943.jpg

2h2jera.jpg