RealModScene
Márcio Ribeiro

FSD 3 Multiple USB HDD?

Yes but if FSD is on USB HD1 (USB0) and you load a game thats on USB HD2 (USB1) sometimes when you exit the game and quit back to FSD it may pick up USB1 for USB0 and vise versa (crashing FSD/xbox) so thats a risk you'll be taking.

I think you're allowed a max of 3 USB devices.

Yes but if FSD is on USB HD1 (USB0) and you load a game thats on USB HD2 (USB1) sometimes when you exit the game and quit back to FSD it may pick up USB1 for USB0 and vise versa (crashing FSD/xbox) so thats a risk you'll be taking.

I don't mean to contradict what you are saying, but I am sure that the "Default" line in launch.ini is passed as a parameter to launch.xex in the NAND.

This means FSD should be able to relaunch each time without a problem because the "Default" parameter in launch.xex would still be loaded in memory (this is how I interpret and understand it).

I could be way off the mark - somebody please correct me if I am :).

I don't mean to contradict what you are saying, but I am sure that the "Default" line in launch.ini is passed as a parameter to launch.xex in the NAND.

This means FSD should be able to relaunch each time without a problem because the "Default" parameter in launch.xex would still be loaded in memory (this is how I interpret and understand it).

I could be way off the mark - somebody please correct me if I am :).

until unless your content is in the usb, in which there is fsd too(IT MUST BE THERE), there will be no problem loading anything, even if your games are in the other usb.

until unless your content is in the usb, in which there is fsd too(IT MUST BE THERE), there will be no problem loading anything, even if your games are in the other usb.

I am well aware of how FSD works - I have used it since the first release lol.

My point was that the OP should be able to relaunch FSD from a game without any issues because of launch.xex holding launch.ini's "Default" parameter.

to see if i understood correctly i can have the FSD no my xbox HDD the games one USB HDD and for exemple the arcade in a second USB HDD without problem? is that correct?

Yes, if you really wanted to (FSD allows you to set paths to folders).

I am well aware of how FSD works - I have used it since the first release lol.

My point was that the OP should be able to relaunch FSD from a game without any issues because of launch.xex holding launch.ini's "Default" parameter.

That was an indirect answer to my friend Marcio, sorry. 

• Like 1