RealModScene
marcosgue

can i copy the covers and more from one USB Disk to other?

Hi! First of all sorry for my bad english.

i have here a lot of USB Discs, well, if i load the disc and connect in a XBOX and start FSD when i config the paths the FSD start to download the information of the items that locate.

Well if i copy all the Freestyle carpet and all the carpets of that USB Drive to other USB Drive, and connect in the same XBOX or other i have not any of the covers and others files that the FSD download in the first USB Drive. and i have to start over to download all the information.

I'm not bother to do this but i think is more easy and we maybe can safe a little of the bandwith of the servers. Thats why i think maybe exist any way of copy all the data of one USB Drive to other obviously allways the USB Drives have all the same.

Thanks!

huh

use google translator. Type in your laungrage then convert to english and copy and paste.

If your loading FSD from different USB drives then THAT FSD will have its own config. Your other drives won't see it until you configure them. Why not do what the rest of the world do and get either an internal hard drive or a fairly good sized USB Hard drive.

USB pens are useless for games, its slow and can often crash + USB Pens can die rather quickly for high performance gaming

Just install F3 on each USB disc and configure them accordingly. Boot up your console with your USB disc. Obviously you will have to create the same F3 folder in each USB disc and configure dashlaunch.

Get the smallest skin available or create a smaller skin yourself if you have space problems. 

i'm talking about 500Gb and 750Gb USB Hard Drives. But I have 2 friends who live really far from the city and they have not internet. then when I go home I share information from my hard disk, but I can never share with the covers and the other things that the FSD download in the Data Folder, even when i copy all of it.

i go to try to explain my problem again with an example.

i have not problems with the space. this is my problem. i have my 1Tb USB Disk, well i have for example 3 emulator, 20 games, and 10 XBLA. Well, i connect my xbox to my LAN, and start FSD, then automatically FSD3 starts to download the information, covers, and i don't know what more from internet.

Well, like i say before i have 2 friends with her own USB Hard Drive, and they have not internet then when i go to their homes, i go with my Disk, and i share to them all my files. Then the Three USB Disks have exactly the same files.

And here is the problem, if i connect my disk in their XBOX i can see al the Covers, games and configurations, Games, XBLA and emulatoros all in their respective sections.

But when i connect their disks where i copy al the files of MY disk, and start the xbox with their disks i can't see anything, i have to configure the paths again, and when i configure it all the games and more appears like MISSING COVER!

could understand my problem now?

Thanks!!!

FSD is locked to your hard drive. You'll need to get their hard drives/consoles and update the covers that way.

I'm pretty sure you can't transfer the covers over from one FSD to another.

FSD is locked to your hard drive. You'll need to get their hard drives/consoles and update the covers that way.

I'm pretty sure you can't transfer the covers over from one FSD to another.

Ohhh thanks!!! then it's impossible, i have to get their hard drives here and update in my xbox.

Yeah.

Everyone has different games, when you start scanning games they're stored in folders like "game000001" "game000002", etc.. for everyones xbox they're going to have different games for those folders.

Its easier just to get theirs if they really need covers (i know it looks nice) but its easier to get their HDD and update it for them.

Ohhh thanks!!! then it's impossible, i have to get their hard drives here and update in my xbox.

Actually it iy possible and very easy to achieve. If all HDDs have the same content: F3 database and games then the only difference is the mounted deviceID.

I wrote this little app just for that. http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/1388-f3-scanpaths-importer/?view=getnewpost

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

PERFECT!!!! I try this with 2 USB Disk of my and work perfectly, this weekend i go to try in my friends USB Disks

Thanks for your Work!!!