RealModScene
samadk00

Save Game Issues

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone could help me out here. Whenever i load MW3 or any other game i always have to setup the screen width and things like agree to gore content. I dont understand why it does not remeber my preferences. you help will be greatly appreciated.

Are you signed-in in an account when saving? Do you always choose the same hdd for saves?

Yes i do and after i set the screen width etc it always starts from where i left off. Just dont get why i have to do the initial setup evey time i load the game.

If multiplayer isn't your default load, it will have you go through the screen brightness, graphic content options each time you turn the game on.

Found this on cod.com. Its the update error. You can just set the default to multiplayer or zombies... whatever you like the most. 

If multiplayer isn't your default load, it will have you go through the screen brightness, graphic content options each time you turn the game on.

Found this on cod.com. Its the update error. You can just set the default to multiplayer or zombies... whatever you like the most. 

Before FS i never had this issues.

nop dont know what that is. i do however have a profile.

i mean when i start FSD 3 there isnt a figure standing in the middle of FSD.

Okay so it maybe the avatar problem. Use search on how to update avatar data, it maybe causing data loss. 

cool thanks man. ill let you know if i am able to solve the issue.

The first thing anyone really should do is to check their nxe dash, dashlaunch, avatar update, TU and their version of freestyle dash to ensure they are all up to date.  Almost every problem people post on these forums could be easily resolved by simply updating these things.

This small tutorial will help you install them (ensure your Kinect hardware is connected before you begin or you will be prompted to update again once you connect it!).

Step 1
Download the USB system update from here (remember to check that the system update you download matches your JTAG/RGH kernel version - go to System Settings>Console Settings>System Info and read where it says Dashboard: 2.0.XXXXX.0, where X = your console's current dashboard/kernel version).

Step 2
Extract the $systemupdate folder from the archive with 7-Zip or similar and rename it to $$ystemUpdate.

Step 3
Transfer the $$ystemUpdate folder (the one you renamed in Step 2) to the root of a FAT32-formatted USB stick (I recommend 512MB+).

Step 4
Connect your USB stick to your console, power it on and accept the update when prompted.

UPDATED:

There are different messages shown based on what the system update is going to apply.

If you see this:
Posted Image

Do NOT accept the update because this is telling you that the system is going to attempt a complete update which alters bootloaders and it will also burn eFUSEs.

If you see this:

Posted Image

It is fine to proceed with the update.

This is the system telling you that additional components are missing.

The console will reboot once the update has installed successfully and you should now see Avatars and have Kinect installed (don't forget to configure it!).

If the console doesn't do anything, ensure that:

The update folder is named correctly.

The system update you are applying matches the JTAG/RGH dashboard/kernel version your console is currently running (see Step 1).

You inserted the USB stick before booting the console (FSD can block the system update).

If, after all this is attempted, the console still won't update, go into FSD and then into the File Manager, look for a SysExt: folder and delete what you can (don't forget to enable File Manager Advanced Mode in General Settings first).

Reboot the console and you'll be told that there are corrupted files - reboot the console to resolve this.

Do this with the USB stick connected and your console should prompt you to accept the update.

*TIP*

I find that if I boot the console to NXE/Metro (hold RB after powering the console on) and THEN insert the USB stick, the update prompt shows up.

*Not my own tutorial, all the credit goes to: BL4K3Y*

i am trying to do it using all kinds of methods using XEBuild and this, but it just doesnt update when i plug in the USB nothing happens. maybe its already updated??? how would i know if its already updated or not?

Ok so i have made a new profile and a new avatar now its showing up in FSD. ill try same games with this and tell you how it works