RealModScene
ffrank

god vs iso (or extracted iso)

I convert most of my games from iso to god. I never thought much about it until I read a post at:

http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/51730-tutorial-god-2-iso-then-extraction-to-jtag-rips/

It basically says games in god format load slower. Has anybody heard of this? It`s news to me if it's true. If so I'll just extract the iso from now on and upload the raw files. Btw I'm running the latest FSD if that makes a difference.

... or maybe the ones who say that have slower models of hard drives or using usb.

GoD games work fine for me. Loading times are the same. Someone out there just doesn't like GoD. End of the day, you use what you prefer.

Thanks for the quick response irishdave. Yeah I haven't noticed slow load times with god either. All my games are located on a sata HD. I just like how the iso2god app makes it nice and easy with it's ftp function.

Internet Sata is faster, no matter what.

Those who play from USB 2.0 devices (external Hard Drives for example) are capped to 60mb per second, so... thats alot compared to internal hdd at 5400rpm and the transfer rate is capped to 300mbps

so those who say GoD is slower should change their setup. Loading times are the same. If there is a difference it won't be noticable.

True...true. I guess one advantage to just extracting the iso would be for modding...Skyrim for example. I've never tried it but I would think modding would be inmpossible working with god containers.

Not really. If you edit the files then you can add them to the GoD container.

It doesnt work for Just Cause 2 (I tried), to play the mods, I need the extracted files.

Also, if your one to have 100s of games and not have them as GoD.. your talking about 100s and thousands of files on your xbox. the xbox indexing all those files would slow it down. GoD containers only take upto 55 (Depending on game)

I mean like if i wanted to use skyrim mods I would have to convert the god containers so i would have access to the raw files. Or are you saying it can be done without that? Thats a good point about indexing though. I would imagine an xbox with thousands upon thousands of files would be heavily taxed.

extract the files on your pc. mod them, convert them back to GoD.. don't know if it'll work but if it does, be sure to let us all know

Ok i got you. I don't have an app for converting god containers. Is it called god2iso, or is there a way to bypass having to covert to iso first?

Alrighty...thanks for your help. I'll try a few mods and let you know if they work via god.

i use usb , also internal , no diffrence :)

That you notice lol. Im not saying USB HD's are worse off, alot of people use them and never have any issues.

USB 2.0 is 60mbps, most games wouldn't even need half that. I cant think of a high performance game that would have heavy data rate  :)

God2iso is pretty sweet. Since my 360 is on my network I can have the app grab the god containers right from the xbox directly and spit out the iso on my pc. Idk...thought I would share that lol. I'm impressed.

True, ive got no game as GoD and sometimes my xbox hangs, freezes, or loads slower. So I guess i'll have to take a step!  :baby: 

Also, if your one to have 100s of games and not have them as GoD.. your talking about 100s and thousands of files on your xbox. the xbox indexing all those files would slow it down. GoD containers only take upto 55 (Depending on game)