RealModScene
Momin Salar

Is there a PROBLEM in LiNK?

Hey guys, its been 2 days since I am having a problem with LiNK. My internet is working perfectly fine, on laptop and on any other device, but when I connect it to my xbox, for link, internet keeps disconnecting, and when I host games, no one is able to join me, and I see very few lobbies, but am unable to join them. As I said, my internet is perfectly fine, there is also no ip conflict, i have it all configured, my ports pass and Ping patch is enabled, dev link is disabled, Im on the latest tu(on black ops 2) but still the same problem. How do I resolve this problem? Thanks 

is it just BO2, does any other system link games work.

How long is the ethernet cable, is it a "Straight-through" or "Cross-over" cable?

PC's can often be ok with a cross-over but not the best speed, cross-over will most likly cause disconnection issues on other devices, (xboxes, etc..)

Its every other game, including MW3. Now ill go try dead island riptide, as dead island 1 had the same problem. I have a straight through ethernet connected to my xbox, and i use wifi for my laptop, as my modem supports both. It is not a crossover.

Try set DMZ (demilitarized zone) for your xbox IP adress. You can find this in router settings. It helped me alot. I couldn't join most hosted games on link, but after DMZ setted for my Xbox IP everything works great and I can join every host on link.

How do you host a game? Can you host a game room for any game you have? Do you need a pc or something?

When you go into system link, instead of "join game"... select "Host Game" ... make sure your in a public room so others can find you

others cant join me either, from the start my upnp wasnt working, but i could join games, and host games, but its been few days since this is happening, thankyou ESTE ill set dmz now,lets see if it works. and btw, it says upnp enbled router not found, where as my upnp is enabled from the router settings.

others cant join me either, from the start my upnp wasnt working, but i could join games, and host games, but its been few days since this is happening, thankyou ESTE ill set dmz now,lets see if it works. and btw, it says upnp enbled router not found, where as my upnp is enabled from the router settings.

Check this link. Your ISP may have UDP blocked.

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/1845-uk-ireland-link-users-broadband-provider/

Also, try The Cowboys method...

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/1749-using-link-with-laptoppc-wireless/

Thanks, but the  problem is still there, my ports pass, and ive also tried hosting again, but nobody can join. Also i see very few lobbies, like in a lobby of 32 users in black ops 2, i see only one lobby of 3 users, or sometimes none. And also im not a resident of UK or ireland, and my isp hasnt blocked udp ports. 

I can`t log into any room I select the public room and then I press b and go to multiplayer and system link to log into a match and nothing happens everthing stays blank

all of this in Black Ops II of course

I can`t log into any room I select the public room and then I press b and go to multiplayer and system link to log into a match and nothing happens everthing stays blank

you need to give us more info than that of course.

TU Version, kernal version, dashlaunch, do you have DLC too installed, as much info as possible that can help

Hey make sure there are users in the room, if there aren't, make sure you have the latest tu which is tu11 in black ops 2, then join a room and find lobbies.

• Like 1