RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
MariosX

Freestyle 3 won't boot after changing skin

Hello

I updated my fsd one week ago and today I changed the skin (Dead or Alive 5)

Now my Xbox won't boot FSD and I don't know how I restore the default skin

However,  If I remove my HDD, I can see the xbox dashboard  but I don't have anything without my HDD

Any help?

First: Use the search, this was answered before.

Second, power on xbox, give it a minute and when you know FSD is not loading the skin, FTP to your xbox and delete the skin.

You can also use xexmenu or what ever to access the faulty skin and delete. Reboot xbox and FSD will boot the default skin when it can't find the other.

• Like 1

I had this problem the other day so do as irish dave says or like me i just connected the drive to my PC and used partyBuffalo to explore my drive and delete the skin that way, doing this way means you need a transfer cable to connect the deive to the PC.

yeah as said imo easiest way is boot into official dash launch xexmenu and go into freestyle skins folder then delete skin, as my man irishdave said this has been answered a few times before, searching will answer most things, hope you get it sorted

• Like 1

New here, I am having the same problem. What does FTP mean?

FTP = File Transfer Protocol

It means using an app like filezilla on your PC and using your home network to access the Xbox HD contents through its IP address.

You'll notice only the graphic interface is messed up, not the NAND, because when you hit the xbox guide button the menu pops up, or if you have a dual-NAND rgh, then the stock side of the xbox works just fine.

the EASIEST method by far to fix the issue is to download xex menu to a flash drive, and plug it into the xbox (while it is in the blank screen state), hit the guide menu, go to file browser, find your usb flash drive's xex menu folder, open default.xex, then browse for the folder HDD1(assuming FSD is installed on the internal hard disk), go to HDD1/freestyle/skins and click (y) I believe for the options over the skin that is causing you trouble. Now either delete the skin that was causing you trouble. This will default the skin back to default, and restart FSD, and tada.

• Like 1