RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
KoKoOo

Big problem bo2 unable to join game session

Hello i cant join to any bo2 server i getting the error (Unable to join game session) But when i make game other people can join me.I have opened pors 3071-3072My UPNP is enabled on my router.On FSD i getting everthing pass.

My pingpach is enabled.

Game is running on last version 11 title update.

Console is connected with wireles adapter to the internet.

How i can fix the problem?  Trying to fix it from 3 days, but i cant, i have read all thread on the forum and google about the problem but stil cant fix it. Pleas help

Sorry for my bad english language 

Thanks, but can anyone givme good tutorial for wired connection because i followed 1 totorial my console connected to pc but dont haved internet.

1. Connect wifi to your computer.

2. Get an ethernet cable, connect it to xbox and your pc. 

3. Go to wifi settings, then in adapter settings, and select the local connection and the first wifi connection, right click, bridge connection.

4. Your all done, but do link the xbox to jqe before playing games (from the xbox)

It would have been so easy if you had a router that supported wired and wireless connection, oh well, lets see if the instuctions above work.

1. Connect wifi to your computer.

2. Get an ethernet cable, connect it to xbox and your pc. 

3. Go to wifi settings, then in adapter settings, and select the local connection and the first wifi connection, right click, bridge connection.

4. Your all done, but do link the xbox to jqe before playing games (from the xbox)

It would have been so easy if you had a router that supported wired and wireless connection, oh well, lets see if the instuctions above work.

Thanks bro but now i have other problem, my console received new ip and it is 192.168.137.137 and i cant open the ip ports because my router settings not supporting to open ports on diffirent ip. only i can open ports to ip witch starting 192.168.1. but the ip have 137. How i can open the ports?

Thanks the cowboy with your guide i connected finali my xbox to the internet using wired connection, but again i have the problem with join servers again i getting the error unable to join game session. Why i cant connect to the servers everthing is configured. Need help man :S

Contpatch enabled? And btw you cant join all servers.For example i cant play with arabic guys because of their internets(distance between countries slows down internet)

On all servers i cant join i have tried contpach enabled i have tried contpach disabled but no lucky. I have tried and on mw3 but again i getting the same problem say unable to connect to the host. All ports is opened on the test i getting all pass. I have tried wired/wireles but the problem is same i cant join on servers but when i create game people join me. Dont know other ways to fix the problem, if you know please post here.

Did you tried reinstalling FSD? btw make sure your ports are different.I mean if both of them are same, that is a normal problem.It passes but you cant join.Use 1000-1020 ports.

Fixed everthing and thank you Cowboy. For the people who have the same problem as me, go to system settings and resed your data.

Just have 1 other question. When i reset the data i lose all images on my games, how i can fix it.

• Like 1

Finally I got it works.

Here is how my network looks like:

- ADSL modem. This is the DHCP server which provides IP addesses to all other devices

- Apple Airport Express wifi access point connected to the above modem. It works in Bridge mode and doesn't provide DHCP service or don't provide IP addresses to any devices.

- Xbox slim wirelessly connected to the access point. It has a  fixed IP address provided by the modem (the modem use the xbox's MAC address to reserve a fixed IP for it). Making sure your xbox has a fixed IP is very important or all your port forwarding rules might be useless.

Previously, on the modem I have 2 port forwarding rules:

- TCP: forward port from 3075-3078 to my xbox's IP

- UDP: forward port from 3075-3078 to my xbox's IP

I passed all the tests on the xbox plugin setting screen. However, I still got the "Unable to join game session" error most of the time. Most of the time it doesn't work, rarely it does.

Last night, I opened the Active Session Log (ASL) screen on the modem (you need to log into the configuration/administration page of the modem to access to that screen, it may be called Log or whaterver on your modem, but it's a screen where you can see which IPs are accessing to where and which ports they are using).

Run the plugin port forwading test on xbox, refesh the ASL and notice my xbox does not only use ports in the range 3075-3078, but also many other ports as well. However, I still pass all the tests.

Run Black Ops 2 game, join 1 room in System Link, join a game session (and got the Unable to join error as usual) while keep refreshing the ASL to see the updated info. I found my xbox uses many ports: from 1024 to 6000+. This should be the reason why.

So I changed my port forwarding rules to:

- TCP: forward port from 1000-10000 to my xbox's IP. (Give it to 10K, why not :thumbup: ). The upper port (10K) is not important, but the lower one is important. Make it under 200 might lead you to other issues as it may conflict with other standard ports (.e.g 21 for FTP, 25 and 110 for email, 80 for http web access, 143 for google email if I remember correctly). So you need to look at the ASL to find the right port for the lower one.

- UDP: forward port from 1000-10000 to my xbox's IP

In the FSD Setting Plugin page I uses port 1010-9,990 to make sure they are within my forwarding ports.

Run the xbox plugin test again. All passed.

Back to the game, join a game session and IT WORKS. Join many other game sessions in many rooms and IT WORKS.

Hope this may help you.

BTW, if you happen to see me in Black Ops 2 room, join me and we can play/shoot each other :thumbsup: . My nick name is Vietnam Soldier. I'm from Vietnam.

• Thanks 1