RealModScene
Momin Salar

Transferring from Hdd1

Hello People, 

My xbox 360 is 20 gb, i barely get 7gb after all the game saves, and trophies. Now this gets used up by all the cod dlc(black ops II) Now my aim is to transfer Content folder, which is in hdd1 to my external hard drive, so i can put in more dlc, because its 500GB. Is it possible? ive tried copying it but cancelled in the half way, in fear that my data gets deleted or corrupted. Any help would be appreciated, thanks ! 

you need to format that 500gb usb hard drive on the xbox, i think it will just give you 32gb partition, andyes you can trasnfer

trophies are for Playstaion

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply irishdave, and sorry my mistake, ACHIEVEMENTS* 

Ok so two more questions. 

1. Will there be only 32Gb left from 500GB or will Xbox only consume 32GB? 

2. Is there any Other way than formatting it? I have all the games in it, and other stuff. Which will take hours to copy into my laptop, for emptying to format it. And after Formatting, ill have to copy them back, Because ive got no other External HDD? Thank you

0: achievements are stored on your profile. What ever your username is (Player1, etc...)

1: XBOX will take 32GB from the 500gb, once the xbox takes its bit, you can still use the rest to store videos, etc.. and play them on the xbox

2: Plug your USB hard drve into the xbox, if the HDD is NTSC you WILL need to format so it changes it to FAT32 and takes its 32gb. This is a must do. No exceptions.

You could take hours doing it (backing up stuff).

If the hard drive is already FAT32 it should be ok, the xbox will just take its 32gig partition and everything else will be fine, but don't hold me to it - back everything up.

You can do this with any size of HDD. Microsoft removed the hard drive size limits about 5 updates ago. You can even tell from those screenshots the dashboard was like 2.0.9xxx something

I don't know anybody yet who got banned or suspended for using un-official drives. I know a guy who has a 1TB for his xbox live console.

But yes, i dont know why people don't do it, Its easier and better to make a USB HDD interneral, if the USB HDD has a 2.5" in it.

Here is what I did: I had an efat something formatted 500hddd. I used easeus partition to change it to fat32, now it could be connected to xbox, I connected it to xbox,

And xbox took its bit. Now I didn't even want this to be consumed so I opened easeus on pc again and parted my hdd into 230gb 242 gb. Now I had no memory consumed from xbox and I am able to play games through, really happy, but now does that mean I can just simply cut content folder from hdd1 to my 500 gb usb?

heres an idea, instead of asking thinking we know it all.. try it out.

Your doing things your own way despite what we say. Just expirment yourself seeing as you want to do it differently.

you can if you want and have FSD run of it.

You do know people have asked before over and over about usb devices.

You don't entirly need a content folder if its just a fat32 drive. You can just have "My GamesArcade" "My GamesRetail" "My GamesKinect", etc.. Title Updates and DLC may still require the HDD1 or another offiical storage drive (ie. the partitioned part)