RealModScene
VelocityX

Please help with installing multi disc games and DLCs

Hey guys, I'm new to this whole thing, and I have already read a 3 year old tut about how to install DLCs on a different forum, I don't know if linking another forum is allowed or not so I'm gonna go ahead and skip it, as for games with multi disc, I read some threads that for any game all you need to do is make a main folder for example: La Noire and then sub folders disc 1 and disc 2, and individually select the 2 game paths in f3 , and I read another one that you should make one Main folder for disc one and then put the second disc folder within the 1st's, so which one is it, and skyrim the legendary edition has 2 discs, in the description it says disc 2 has the 3 DLCs, so do I install it as a game with 2 discs and simply make 2 folders 'disc1' and disc2' or would I have to install DLCs as you normally install them, also about the DLCs I read that I would need the following:

1. XM360 (v2.0d - latest version): https://rapidshare.com/files/662032754/xm360v2.0d.zip
2. 360 Content Manager (version 2.2): https://rapidshare.com/files/1425362...Manager_2.2.7z
3. FlashFXP (to FTP to your console): http://www.xbox360iso.com/flashfxp-4-2-t557812.html
4. ABGX (v1.0.6): https://rapidshare.com/files/3904857....0.6_setup.exe

since this tut is 3 years old, I was hoping maybe things have been simplified, so can someone please tell me the most user friendly and hassle free way of installing DLCs, I'm sorry if I said something in the post I'm not allowed to, please help :)

Use 360 content manager (3.0) to unlock your DLC or you can use Yaris Swap.

Then upload the DLC to the directory on your XBOXs memory,

Its really simple. We'll take Angry Birds Trilogy for an example (415608E4) it the game's ID

So, on your HDD on the xbox

hdd1Content0000000000000000415608E400000002

00000002 is where all DLC goes for everygame. 415608E4 is just  the game id for this game, everygame will have its own ID.

if your not sure, use horizon, drag and drop the dlc onto a 360 formated usbto move in onto the USB memory then on your xbox storage, transfer from USB to HDD

There are several different ways for games with multiple disc as their is a few different programs for FSD that can do it. For example Dashlaunch has one, and there is swap.xex

I use disc swap.xex, i have it setup in my launch.ini and i have a multi.ini for swap.xex

I have my games converted to GoD, so one game would look like this...

; Red Dead Redemption[5454082B]disk1 = hdd1Content00000000000000005454082B00007000028D9B72EEE8E95F0C21disk2 = hdd1Content00000000000000005454082B00007000C30B8A6403E3570C0BAF

If you don't use launch.xex you can use the dashlaunch swap disc feature.

I'm not 100% sure on this one, If im wrong please correct me.

Have your game in a folder, example Hdd1GamesLA Noire

so.Disc 1: hdd1GamesLA NoireDisc 2: hdd1GamesLA NoireDisc 2Disc 3: hdd1GamesLA NoireDisc 3

• Like 1

As for skyrim,y ou could probably just copy the content folder fromt he disc and put it on your jtag/rgh, if the disc is only for content install, install it. You won't be asked for it again.

I don't have Dashlaunch, my modder configured the settings for dashlaunch like enabling ping patch and all while installing the RGH so I wouldn't need dashlaunch, would I need dashlaunch for content manager or yaris swap, and how would I use it, I use external pc HDD for games, it's game path is usb1games(this is where I keep games), so for skyrim or injustice DLC characters where would I put the DLCs, and for games with multidiscs my modder said just making folders for the game's respective discs would do the trick, the new FSD would detect the disc 2 automatically, is that true?, I'm sorry I'm a noob at this.

On FSD3 using god format load disc 1 and 2 into ISO2GOD v1.3.6 at same time ( they will then in turn be created in 2 diff folders ie disc one and disc 2) FSD3 will take care of game play to disc 2 when the time arrives

As stated above  DLC goes  in HDD1/content/000000000000000000/here

when installing your first dlc it should already be in a game titled folder also as stated above any future dlc should yhen be inserted into folder 00000002 of that games dlc folder

i use xm360 for all unlocking as the most i want to use the pc for is ftp to the hdd

Does it matter how you get the game on your RGH? I have the right set up but my game is not loading disc 2 when required. Is it better to  use FTP to transfer the extracted ISO in to disc 1 and disc 2, to put the game disc in to the RGH and extract through Freestyle 3 or some over way? Thanks.

I followed the instructions and I got both DLCs and LA.Noire to work, thanks guys, I just made a main folder for La noire and in it, I made a folder for each disc, but I'm afraid I'm still confused about skyrim. Imean the description says the Disc 2 ISO actually contains the 3 DLCS dragon born and what not, so do I make 2 sub folders for each disc like I did in LA NOIRE or would I have to install DLCs like I did with Injustice and FTP them into the console? and whats the difference between god and NXE format, and how do you tell which one is which, correct me if im wrong but I think if an ISO has audio and video folder like a dvd movie, its NXE and if it contains all the game files alont with default.exe thats GOD format, right?

for skyrim you install it the same as DLC as that is what disc 2 actually is....you said that yourself !!!

I know this thread is over two years old, but I want to finally say something about this since this is driving me crazy...I don't understand why so many people are making this way more complicated than it needs to be. Some people are going the long way, doing way more than they need to, and some people are just giving out wrong information. Here's what I've been doing for multidisc games, and it has worked for me for years without my every having to utilize any sort of disc swapping utility.

-Download ISO file

-convert the ISO to a GOD package by using ISO2GOD

-use 360 Content manager 3.2 to confirm recognition, and for uploading to my 360.

Or, if you have the physical disc in hand, just install in to your hard drive via the NXE dash, then go back to your FSD/Aurora/xexmenu dash crack the *.xex file using the latest version of nxe2god. Nxe2god is smart enough to scan your whole hard drive, and crack all that need to be crack...you don't have to settle for just one by one by one.

360 content manager is smart enough to put the GOD package it where it needs to be. And, the Xbox itself is smart enough to switch between the packages itself without any input from you. This is true whether you're using the NXE dash, the FSD dash, or as I have been lately, the Aurora dash. The other advantage is that the GOD files are only as big as they need to be. There isn't unnecessary files such as system updates, etc, as there would be with just an ISO file or a rip.

Now, here's the part that I just figured out and wished I knew about five years ago...some games, especially recent ones, are giving out two discs when there's content to be installed from one of the discs (the last two or three versions of Call of Duty, for example). What I do is before I start, I open every ISO file with Xbox Image browser. If I see a folder in the root of the disc labeled "content", then I know there is something that needs to be installed to get the same to work, installed in the same fashion as I would install DLC. So, I extract that particular disc, then use 360 content manager 3.2 to scan the folder with the extracted contents and upload whatever was in that "content" folder.

What I wish there was on the web was better information about these multidisc games. My Hard drive on my 360 is very, very, very close to full. So, I'm having to make choices with some games. I've been trying to find out which multidisc games really need only one disc, and which disc that is, so free up some space on my hard drive by deleting useless GOD packages via GODSpeed 1.1 (which is an awesome utility, BTW). Some GOD packages are just for multiplayer, and multiplayer packages for a game that doesn't support system link are completely useless to me (and probably you, too, if you're reading this). Since I speak English and only English, additional language packs are also useless to me. I've been trying my best to find out what I can delete, but there's not a lot of detailed information that I've been able to find. Does anyone know of any good place I can go to get this detailed information so I can delete some useless GOD packages?

Thanks for any answers, and for letting me get all this out of my system.

Or, if you have the physical disc in hand, just install in to your hard drive via the NXE dash, then go back to your FSD/Aurora/xexmenu dash crack the *.xex file using the latest version of nxe2god. Nxe2god is smart enough to scan your whole hard drive, and crack all that need to be crack...you don't have to settle for just one by one by one.

It doesn't crack shit, NXE2GOD simply re-writes the NXE/GOD header to match a GOD container and moves the files to the GOD folder structure rather then NXE folder structure, it doesn't patch the XEX at all, doesn't even touch the data blob... (where the XEX is at)

Here's what I've been doing for multidisc games, and it has worked for me for years without my every having to utilize any sort of disc swapping utility.

-Download ISO file

-convert the ISO to a GOD package by using ISO2GOD

-use 360 Content manager 3.2 to confirm recognition, and for uploading to my 360.

360 content manager is smart enough to put the GOD package it where it needs to be. And, the Xbox itself is smart enough to switch between the packages itself without any input from you.

Thanks for the answer. I'd like to ask once more. For example, I've got 3 disked game. So 3 iso files. Than, I have to convert them by one one into GOD packages, and then, I would have three god packages. And I would send each of them separately to XBox by 360 content menager.  And we do not have to find or use 3rd party software to swap any disk content, everything will be OK.  Is it true?

TIA