RealModScene
Mikhail Pushkin

Freezes on boot logo

Ticked beta updates, updated all. It asked to restart - I confirmed. It didn't boot for some 20 minutes afterwards - black screen. So eventually I powered it down and back on again. Now it is not booting into fsd at all. It does, however, boot into MS dashboard if I hold gamepag key to bypass.

I am on jasper arcade. Dashboard >1.5. before that had fsd build 485 or smth like that.

What am I to do now? Desperate. I'm new to jtag - just got it flashed.

P.s. Sorry I asked the same question in the wrong place.

This happened once to me. Just uninstall Dashlaunch and delete FSD via Xexmenu. After that do a fresh install of everything ( FSD and Dashlaunch )

How do I do it without direct access to the inside of the box? Some guy flashed it for me - he put his seal on the box, so jtag-related stuff is on his guarantee, unfortunately, he is in another town, so I'll be shipping it to him lest I can fix it somehow with only usb ports available to me. Can you help me with a walkthrough, please? If usb access is sufficient.

I've external hdd. There is some 512 mb one inside. Kernel - bah, where do I look and what is the key to make it boot into ms dash? I've managed twice, but not sure which key I was using.

What do I do once I get the XexMenu going?

Have you tried booting your xbox without your external plugged in?

Edit: On your external HDD do you have a launch.ini file and a Freestyle Dash folder (or something like that)?

Have you tried booting your xbox without your external plugged in?Edit: On your external HDD do you have a launch.ini file and a Freestyle Dash folder (or something like that)?

Oh I have misunderstood your question. My FSD is on internal 512 hdd. I am using external hdd (flash stick) to repair it. I have no direct access to the files as of yet. So how do I boot bypassing disfunctional fsd? which button?

Owh I see. Well it all depends on how you set it in Dashlaunch. Usually you need to hold X while you're booting but as I said it doesn't have to be that way. Just try holding a different button everytime you boot your console untill you get it right.

Owh I see. Well it all depends on how you set it in Dashlaunch. Usually you need to hold X while you're booting but as I said it doesn't have to be that way. Just try holding a different button everytime you boot your console untill you get it right.

I'm on it. what do I do once I'm done with getting XEX running?

Delete the FSD folder and the "launch.ini" file. Then you will have to Install the latest version of FSD and Dashlaunch. You will do that by downloading Dashlaunch and FSD from here (realmodscene), copying them on a Fat32 formated USB stick and then via XexMenu copy those files to you 512 mb memory unit.

After you have done that run Dashlaunch from the installer folder and set the "Default" path to point to FSD'S "default.xex" file that's located in your FSD folder, save your settings in Dashlaunch by pressing X (I think) and after you restart your console it should boot straight into FSD.

Edit: Also try to remove your memory card and boot your console without it and see if it boots ok.

• Like 1

Delete the FSD folder and the "launch.ini" file. Then you will have to Install the latest version of FSD and Dashlaunch. You will do that by downloading Dashlaunch and FSD from here (realmodscene), copying them on a Fat32 formated USB stick and then via XexMenu copy those files to you 512 mb memory unit.After you have done that run Dashlaunch from the installer folder and set the "Default" path to point to FSD'S "default.xex" file that's located in your FSD folder, save your settings in Dashlaunch by pressing X (I think) and after you restart your console it should boot straight into FSD.

thank you, now I am only to work out which bloody key is to bring me into mx dashboard

Delete the FSD folder and the "launch.ini" file. Then you will have to Install the latest version of FSD and Dashlaunch. You will do that by downloading Dashlaunch and FSD from here (realmodscene), copying them on a Fat32 formated USB stick and then via XexMenu copy those files to you 512 mb memory unit.After you have done that run Dashlaunch from the installer folder and set the "Default" path to point to FSD'S "default.xex" file that's located in your FSD folder, save your settings in Dashlaunch by pressing X (I think) and after you restart your console it should boot straight into FSD.

thank you, now I am only to work out which bloody key is to bring me into mx dashboard
Remove your memory card and boot your console without it.

Oh, but I am booting it without a memory card. In fact, once it booted, I think it showed 0 free space... Mayhap, the problem with booting up lies with 0 free space, but then it'd boot every time... Maybe I should try booting with the flashstick in.

UPD: when I pess the "power on" button quickly during the logo animation - it brings up the menu, which then freezes before I can choose anything. Making me think my internal hdd is simply full and there is no space for "cache", possibly. Might be update could not complete properly as it ran out of space and now I can' boot to put xex and fix this as I can't access the internal 512 mb hdd... No button seems to fix the problem.

Final upd: I got it to work. Thank you, Prayer. Would not have done it without you. Though several things did not go as you described (booting past frozen logo and xex menu died at some point and had to be reflashed), I got around them (for frozen menu hitting rb repeatedly as the logo is booting).

Oh, but I am booting it without a memory card. In fact, once it booted, I think it showed 0 free space... Mayhap, the problem with booting up lies with 0 free space, but then it'd boot every time... Maybe I should try booting with the flashstick in. UPD: when I pess the "power on" button quickly during the logo animation - it brings up the menu, which then freezes before I can choose anything. Making me think my internal hdd is simply full and there is no space for "cache", possibly. Might be update could not complete properly as it ran out of space and now I can' boot to put xex and fix this as I can't access the internal 512 mb hdd... No button seems to fix the problem. Final upd: I got it to work. Thank you, Prayer. Would not have done it without you. Though several things did not go as you described (booting past frozen logo and xex menu died at some point and had to be reflashed), I got around them (for frozen menu hitting rb repeatedly as the logo is booting).

I'm glad you got it to work! Maybe you could post your procedure step-by-step so others may learn on our mistakes?For me it was booting to NXE/METRO dashboard and via XexMenu deleting my FSD folder and launch.ini, after that I ran Dashlaunch's installer, uninstalled Dashlaunch (the installer was the same version as my old Dashlaunch) then downloaded and installed the latest version of Dashlaunch with FSD.

Firstly my guess on what goes wrong. I think, when all 3 beta updates are selected at a time, it somehow runs out of 512 mb of internal memory card, so the system can neither complete the update, nor boot properly. Now how to solve it follows.

Ok, here is a walkthrough:

1. - boot into system by hitting RB when you see the logo, otherwise it'll just be stuck.

2. - follow this guide: http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php/84818-TUT-Installing-XeX-Menu-N00B-Friendly 

If xex menu exits right after it starts - make sure you've disconnected the drive from which you've copied it.

3. - Delete the FSD folder and the "launch.ini" file. Then you will have to Install the latest version of FSD and Dashlaunch. You will do that by downloading Dashlaunch and FSD from here (realmodscene), copying them on a Fat32 formated USB stick and then via XexMenu copy those files to you 512 mb memory unit.

4. - Run Dashlaunch from the installer folder and set the "Default" path to point to FSD'S "default.xex" file that's located in your FSD folder, save your settings in Dashlaunch by pressing RB, choosing nand and pressing X and after you restart your console it should boot straight into FSD.

All thanks go to Prayer. Should you have questions - drop me a like I'll help.

• Like 1

sorry to run this into a different topic.

But my Corona system (No hdd) 4gb has the same issue and gets stuck on the xbox logo.

Installed latest dash with launch.ini default pointing to the internal memory fsd.

but_x is default dash. 

pls help out :hope: