RealModScene
greg

phat 360 internal hdd upgrade

Have a RGH1 phat white jasper 360 console which is currently running the official 250gb hard drive.

I have a spare hard drive caddy/case from an old phat white 360 that no longer works. I would like to install a larger size sata hard drive into the case and use that. Since the 250gb is too small and I know I will fill that rather quickly.

I was wondering what is the largest size/capacity hard drive that will actually fit into the internal caddy?

I also have the official hard drive transfer cable. Is it possible to install the new drive and use that to transfer the old data to the new larger capacity 3rd party drive. If so is there anything special software or hardware setup I need to do to accomplish this?

2tb hdd max

Will a 2.5" 2tb sata drived physically fit into the internal phat console drive caddy or is there a limitation on the thickness of the drives that will actually fit into the caddy?

You will need to set up the partitions correctly if you want to play original xbox games.

This is a really good tutorial that includes the files you need to set it up.

The only files you will need to get is the avatar update for your dashboard because he only includes the the avatar update files for the 9199 dashboard.

http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/console-guides/xbox-360-guides/6517-upgrade-jtagged-xbox-360s-hard-drive-restore-avatars-xbox-1-emulator.html

any 2.5 i think

don't they have to be WD scorpion blue,,i tried Seagate and format freezes halfway,,

The hdd checks have been removed on any console running FreeBOOT, any hdd should work.