RealModScene
JPizzle

PCSXR 360 By Ced2911

Feature request: add, please, feature to change framelimiter on\off on fly, it will be very helpful to skip long loadings.

On 4/18/2018 at 4:03 AM, dreamboy said:

hi how are you? you've tryied from internal hdd or external?

From internal HDD freezes are longer. So i formated USB FlashDrive 8GiB and inserted it to rear port, placed all the psx isos on it and set in config default path for games on usb0://isos. And now freezes are happened rarely

Hello dreamboy,

thank you for this great emulator. I have so much fun.

Can you tell me quick, how  i add covers? (wich size and format)

thanks in advance

On 4/17/2018 at 10:03 PM, dreamboy said:

hi how are you? you've tryied from internal hdd or external?

Same thing here, from external hdd games runs full speed. From internal hdd every game slow downs every 10 seconds.

Hey guys, for anyone wondering how to make CTR run 100% perfect try these settings:

Use Linear Filter

Use Dynarec

Use Threaded GPU

Use Framelimit

Slow Boot (Optional) 

Crash T Racing Fix

Also run it on a USB or external drive.

That's it! It should work perfectly! No freezes! Feels like smooth FPS to me!

I also did 4 tests running it with the these settings, All 3 times running it with USB no freezes at all, twice with slow boot and once without it made no difference.

1 test on HDD and it froze like 5-6 times throughout the race. Hopefully this helps you guys out too as it did for me because I've been trying for months to get a good fix for CTR :D

I can make a video of proof if needed too :)

Thanks for reading and have a good day :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDTheTank said:

Hey guys, for anyone wondering how to make CTR run 100% perfect try these settings:

Use Linear Filter

Use Dynarec

Use Threaded GPU

Use Framelimit

Slow Boot (Optional) 

Crash T Racing Fix

Also run it on a USB or external drive.

That's it! It should work perfectly! No freezes! Feels like smooth FPS to me!

I also did 4 tests running it with the these settings, All 3 times running it with USB no freezes at all, twice with slow boot and once without it made no difference.

1 test on HDD and it froze like 5-6 times throughout the race. Hopefully this helps you guys out too as it did for me because I've been trying for months to get a good fix for CTR :D

I can make a video of proof if needed too :)

Thanks for reading and have a good day :)

Did u use a ciso??

I remember,

ced saying compressed ones are better..

And I've used em..

3 hours ago, felida said:

Did u use a ciso??

I remember,

ced saying compressed ones are better..

And I've used em..

All I used was the bin and cue files in the roms folder. Is your way able to play em on the hard drive?

9 hours ago, JDTheTank said:

All I used was the bin and cue files in the roms folder. Is your way able to play em on the hard drive?

If I remember correctly, yes.. games ran at full speed.. now, where the app is to compress the isos.. dunno.. as most of ced's posts are gone in the web.. I'll try looking and post back.. was a long ass time ago too

edit: i am unable to find the post/program used.. lol.. i apologize for that

On 7/4/2018 at 5:47 AM, felida said:

If I remember correctly, yes.. games ran at full speed.. now, where the app is to compress the isos.. dunno.. as most of ced's posts are gone in the web.. I'll try looking and post back.. was a long ass time ago too

No worries :) I'll just play it the way i said :) 

On 7/3/2018 at 9:47 PM, felida said:

you are talking about the .cso format which is almost outdated and i couldnt recommend to use it cause the .iso / .bin format runs much better at all.

PSP ISO Compressor:

Relinked Download

another copression is to EBOOT (PSP) which can be done through

- PSX2PSPv1.4.2
or
- PsGUI300beta_0

5 hours ago, AntiFly said:

you are talking about the .cso format which is almost outdated and i couldnt recommend to use it cause the .iso / .bin format runs much better at all.

PSP ISO Compressor:

Relinked Download

another copression is to EBOOT (PSP) which can be done through

- PSX2PSPv1.4.2
or
- PsGUI300beta_0

Yes the .cso(I think lol).. for ps1 games.. which was recommended by ced..

Has nothing to do psp.. lol.. Unless pcsxr360 can play eboots now??

15 hours ago, felida said:

Yes the .cso(I think lol).. for ps1 games.. which was recommended by ced..

Has nothing to do psp.. lol.. Unless pcsxr360 can play eboots now??

psp info just for the record of psx "compression" :)

In the last commits (not offcialy released by ced), he added .z compression. These images can be created using a tool called pocket iso. Ced managed to get it working but it have some problems with multi-disc images and other things. I fixed some stuff and now i have a working build with compressed (.z images) support. Only games with cdda will not work, so you have to keep the games with cdda( tomb raider 1, 2 for example) unconpressed. All other games i tested with xa audio works very well.
Vagrant story, have about 700mb, and using pocket iso, the image go down to about170mb in size, so it worth if space is a problem.

@Dreamboy, if would like to add the compressed images support in a possible next release, just let me known :) cheers. 

and sorry, bad english.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 8:43 PM, cmkn_1983 said:

In the last commits (not offcialy released by ced), he added .z compression. These images can be created using a tool called pocket iso. Ced managed to get it working but it have some problems with multi-disc images and other things. I fixed some stuff and now i have a working build with compressed (.z images) support. Only games with cdda will not work, so you have to keep the games with cdda( tomb raider 1, 2 for example) unconpressed. All other games i tested with xa audio works very well.
Vagrant story, have about 700mb, and using pocket iso, the image go down to about170mb in size, so it worth if space is a problem.

@Dreamboy, if would like to add the compressed images support in a possible next release, just let me known :) cheers. 

and sorry, bad english.

Can you post your version of PCSXR here? I think people will really appreciate that.

Also, feature to disable\enable framelimit on fly through hotkey will be really great to skip long loadings.

@nanohuman, I'll not release because my build is outdated( still use the old way to load and save settings), i use this build just for experimental stuff that i change in the source code.  But i sent to dreamboy. He made the last UI  with improvements and fixes . He will release a next version for sure.  Not sure when :)

But, if you really would like to try, pm me and i'll send a build for test.

On 8/21/2018 at 11:15 PM, cmkn_1983 said:

@nanohuman, I'll not release because my build is outdated( still use the old way to load and save settings), i use this build just for experimental stuff that i change in the source code.  But i sent to dreamboy. He made the last UI  with improvements and fixes . He will release a next version for sure.  Not sure when :)

But, if you really would like to try, pm me and i'll send a build for test.

Many thanks! If you sent it to DreamBoy, no need to send it to me :) I have patience and will wait for DreamBoy's update. Again thank you and DreamBoy for your work! It is really cool that xbox360 scene is still alive

On 8/20/2018 at 9:47 PM, dreamboy said:

hi there how r you ? the framelimiite combo on the fly will be in next release with fixes and some other stuff :) no atm release date yet cause ive been full of work this summer,

cmkn_1983 can you send me p.m with the fixed code off the compressed images compatibility  in order for me to merge into my version ?  thanks mate :) 

Really good news! Thank you!

Hi guys, the first time i launched the emulator it was working fine, but now i get stuck on the homescreen and its not responding at all, i tried everything that i know of, changing the path, re-downloaded the emulator and re-installed, tried launching from my usb stick but still gets stuck o the homescreen...hope someone can help me out..

Thanks a lot!

20180913_230323.jpg

On 9/13/2018 at 10:33 AM, iRonManMD said:

Hi guys, the first time i launched the emulator it was working fine, but now i get stuck on the homescreen and its not responding at all, i tried everything that i know of, changing the path, re-downloaded the emulator and re-installed, tried launching from my usb stick but still gets stuck o the homescreen...hope someone can help me out..

Thanks a lot!

20180913_230323.jpg

That is a common glitch on CRT TVs. If I recall well, you have to set the screen on thr original dashboard to WIDESCREEN for this menu to wprk, am I right?

BTW, will aspect ratio be added on future builds? And a way to change the menu in game combo? Because playing some fighting games, while pressing or mashing the buttons (xmen vs sf) it brings out the menu! XD

21 hours ago, Goreseeker said:

Someone can tell me if there's a good setting to play Gran Turismo 2 (Simulation Mode Disc) (PAL)?

PC emulator.. lmao.. for reals.. the 360 is really limited on hardware.. so not ALL games will work

yep, with all the new emulation stuff floating around like recalbox, batocera, the classic homebrew emulation for consoles is almost dead. The switch homebrew, however, is going strong, but i don't have one 😕
About  pcsx360, you have to press the emulator options button (setup game profile). A menu will appear. Try use, dynarec on, framelimit on. Turn off gpu thread. Maybe the game will be playable.

On 12/15/2018 at 9:12 AM, cmkn_1983 said:

yep, with all the new emulation stuff floating around like recalbox, batocera, the classic homebrew emulation for consoles is almost dead. The switch homebrew, however, is going strong, but i don't have one 😕
About  pcsx360, you have to press the emulator options button (setup game profile). A menu will appear. Try use, dynarec on, framelimit on. Turn off gpu thread. Maybe the game will be playable.

well// the switch has WAY more power hardware wise, than the 360 lol.. people seem to forget that the 360 only has 512MB of ram.. 

plus the 360 is powerPC.. and the newer systems are x86

Thnx for this great psx emulator. Is it possible to change the default rom path so everytime when you start the emulator it shows the rom path you want?

• Like 1