RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
andrewrich

splash screen improvement

Does any one think this would make a better splash screen.

Posted Image

just somthing I threw together hopefully some one will like it.

have attached splash screen pics to this post enjoy.

post-495-0-18731700-1349152190_thumb.jpg

post-495-0-96383100-1349152193_thumb.png

yeah its not to bad, i guess its a personal decision in regards to what you have for your splash screen perhaps you can customise the whole skin with this theme in mind based on the splash screen :)

I don't think the boot screen can be modified - I believe it is hard-coded into F3.

However, I'm sure boot screen modification could be made possible in a future release ;).

Very good but can you tell me what to do to make it work

I don't think the boot screen can be modified - I believe it is hard-coded into F3.

However, I'm sure boot screen modification could be made possible in a future release ;).

actually you can. Just extract the default.xzp using xzp tool , pick a jpeg of your choice or make one, then download any free jpeg to dds converter software and convert it to "splash.dds". Finally , overwrite the splash.dds file in the extracted xzp folder and build again using the xzp tool.

• Like 3

actually you can. Just extract the default.xzp using xzp tool , pick a jpeg of your choice or make one, then download any free jpeg to dds converter software and convert it to "splash.dds". Finally , overwrite the splash.dds file in the extracted xzp folder and build again using the xzp tool.

I will try tomorow

The splash screens are completely customizable. I downloaded a good skin called AYR. It uses your selected background image with a weird sound as the splash screen with an overlay image of "AYR" and of course the FSD loading messages with the bad spelling.

Then I extraced the xzp, deleted the splash screen sound "audiosplash.xma, I deleted the "AYR" splash screen image "splash.png". Then I edited "splashscreen.xur" to remove the layer with the FSD loading messages.

Now my FSD splash is simply my chosen background and nothing else. Now if only FSD would load a little faster.

Hey! Associate! I did manage to edit Ayr and audio splash. But how do you edit "splashscreen.xur" to remove the FSD messages? Could you send me your file or tell me how to do it?

You need to open the splashscreen.xur with the Xbox Ui Tool (part of the 360 sdk ) and delete the XuiElement "LoadingStatus".

Thats the first thing i've tryed, on the skin file and the "Default.xzp". But its still there even if i deleted the element. Could you upload you file if its allowed or make a tutorial, i wonder what i'm doing wrong. :wacko:

How do you save the files?

You have to save the file first and then click on "Export Binary"

Personally, don't quite like it.

And for a sample, it would have more impact if it were animated, as a still image isn't very strong.

According to my search results from google, Apparently you cannot make a .dds file animated. I tried to convert an animated GIF and the end result was a still image for my splash.. Maybe one of the developers of FSD3 could shed light on whether its possible, or better yet, change the way it works so we could use regular images for the splash instead of dds files so we could use animated GIF's

Does any one think this would make a better splash screen.

Posted Image

just somthing I threw together hopefully some one will like it.

have attached splash screen pics to this post enjoy.

My photoshop!

Posted Image

But in .dds looks terrible

help?

Awesome, just successfully did this last night. Now I have a sweet splash screen for F3. Thanks a lot.Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO 4g using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2