RealModScene
becksterorange

FSD won't download classic game covers

I can download xbox360 game covers and xbox live covers till the cows come home. But for some reason my xbox will NOT download xbox classic covers. I have tried everything from trying to refresh artwork individually to trying to put them on using the WebUI. I've tried deleting the game path and reinstalling it. I've tried setting up a queue in jqe360.com and rebooting my xbox. Still no joy. I am at wits end. Anybody have any idea what is going on?

I see 2 logical reasons:

1) the game covers are not available @ JQE360

2) the game covers are available @ JQE360 but your gameIDs don't match

Check this list and compare.

If the game covers are available and the gameIDs match, then you might have a database or .assets file problem.

If it is a database issue you might need to flush your HTTPQueue table. Check the table contents with your WebUI. If it is full you might need to use a sqlite gui to delete the rows.

My suggestion would be to delete the .assets file* of one game and see what happens when a) downloading the cover from JQE360 or B) putting the cover manually through the WebUI. Does it create a new assets file? Which size does the file have? You can also extract the file's content. Another suggestion would be to use this app for one game and see if the assets file gets build correctly.

*you can find the .assets file under {Your F3 install}DataGameDataHex(ContentItemId of the game)foldername.assets

The games are available at jqe360.com

The title ids match

Deleted an .assets file. It did not return after a reboot or trying to download cover manually.

Found the HTTPQueue table. It has 1 tile in it (GTA San Andreas. Which ironiclly is on of the titles that will not download). Don't really understand how to flush HTTPQueue.

Have not tried GaDaBaMa yet.

How do you flush the HTTP Queue?

The .assets files contains all images of that gameid. It should be created or altered when inserting new pictures through the WebUI though. Reboots doesnt affect them.

Do a "Delete from HttpQueue" with any sqlite gui on the database file. And while you are at it you can do an integrity check and a vacuum. Sql 2009 pro is free and can do that.

Else try GaDaBaMa, it should create those .assets files just fine.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I just went ahead and reinstalled FSD. Now everything is working properly. I have no idea what was going on, which is too bad because noe this thread is going to be of little use to someone else trying to solve this problem.

I think that's just how you solve a lot of problems with FSD. Reinstalling is sometimes faster than pulling your hair out.

i got the same problem . somebody in another thread had the same  problem too

reinstall???  i'll try some other stuff first though.

16 hours ago, prybom said:

Yup, got the same problem even after reinstalling..

FSD no longer is supported, meaning all ties forwarding to the new server was cut, the only thing that works is syslink, for the time being. 

you can find the UN-official modded FSD, which supposedly has the TU/Cover stuff fixed, but i'd suggest switching to aurora

On 9/1/2017 at 4:55 AM, felida said:

FSD no longer is supported, meaning all ties forwarding to the new server was cut, the only thing that works is syslink, for the time being. 

you can find the UN-official modded FSD, which supposedly has the TU/Cover stuff fixed, but i'd suggest switching to aurora

I have auroa installed but I dislike how everything is presented up front and I have to use filtering options to view different sections. I guess it feels less like a dashboard and more like just a cover flow app. It is awesome at listing content however, much faster than FSD. I am trying to hold onto FSD for as long as possible.

If you ask me, Aurora feels more like a dashboard than FSD did. FSD had a lot of issues, and felt over-developed to me. Personally, I like where the team is going with Aurora. You can set up quick views, which are user configurable combinations of sorting scripts, and get the "feel", probably a bad choice of words, of FSD back, such as sorting out emulators, vs xbox 360 game. As for the main theme, I personally like to edit the DB manually, and add the multi disc filter to the default quick view, but that is just me, and is harder than setting up a new default quick view. Also, if you have more than 100 games, the load difference is really noticeable.

On 12/1/2017 at 10:35 PM, gavin_darkglider said:

If you ask me, Aurora feels more like a dashboard than FSD did. FSD had a lot of issues, and felt over-developed to me. Personally, I like where the team is going with Aurora. You can set up quick views, which are user configurable combinations of sorting scripts, and get the "feel", probably a bad choice of words, of FSD back, such as sorting out emulators, vs xbox 360 game. As for the main theme, I personally like to edit the DB manually, and add the multi disc filter to the default quick view, but that is just me, and is harder than setting up a new default quick view. Also, if you have more than 100 games, the load difference is really noticeable.

Yes I am forcing myself to switch over to Aurora. I need to find a better layout. In FSD I am still using the NXE style as that is what I prefer, everything for Aurora looks to be cover flow style.

You can create a theme, or coverflow script that hides the coverflow. Then all you need to do is hit x, and it will bring up a list of games. Maybe in the future, you could get more of an NXE feel with themes, but aurora wasnt designed for that.

On 12/7/2017 at 2:52 PM, gavin_darkglider said:

You can create a theme, or coverflow script that hides the coverflow. Then all you need to do is hit x, and it will bring up a list of games. Maybe in the future, you could get more of an NXE feel with themes, but aurora wasnt designed for that.

Yeah I know. I have switched over to Aurora completely now. My one JTAG used to free at the xbox logo every other boot. It has done it since I first jtagged and installed fsd. never did it before. After switching to Aurora it no longer does that so that alone is worth the trade off in my preferred UX.