RealModScene
HURSTJIM

Getting games to work on 2tb External HDD via usb

Hi All. I'm late getting into the Xbox360 with Aurora installed. I just purchased the console with a 250GB which I have fill up with games via FTP from my PC.

The reason for this posting is that I would like to have more games on an External drive. So I purchased a 2TB HHD and formatted it on my PC to FAT32. After I transferred game data to the drive via PC, I plugged it into the USB port on the XBOX360. The console recognized the drive and I can see the games, but when I try to play it, it comes up with an error message "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again."

Is there a way I can fix this issue or is there something that I missed? 

If it is helpful, my xbox360 came with other homebrew software, but I don't know what they are all used for.

Thank you!!

13 hours ago, HURSTJIM said:

Hi All. I'm late getting into the Xbox360 with Aurora installed. I just purchased the console with a 250GB which I have fill up with games via FTP from my PC.

The reason for this posting is that I would like to have more games on an External drive. So I purchased a 2TB HHD and formatted it on my PC to FAT32. After I transferred game data to the drive via PC, I plugged it into the USB port on the XBOX360. The console recognized the drive and I can see the games, but when I try to play it, it comes up with an error message "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again."

Is there a way I can fix this issue or is there something that I missed? 

If it is helpful, my xbox360 came with other homebrew software, but I don't know what they are all used for.

Thank you!!

I'm guessing they are bad rips

Maybe you can try formatting the drive on your 360 in stead of your PC?

Also good to have your kernel updated (17559), and check if the the Avatar update is installed.