RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
smithmal

Request for Updated Aurora Skin Creation Tutorial

Many of these tutorials are over 7-8 years old.  Moreover I have seen many new skins developed.  For those of you that have created skins for Aurora in the last couple of years could you please let me know the following:

Is there a good tutorial that breaks down how to develop an Aurora 0.7b r1655 skin that is easy enough for a newb to follow?

Not really mate. There is basic quick tutorial by felida. It gives you an idea. But best way I found out how things work. Is to compare the changes from the default.xzp to a custom skin.xzp etc then you will figure out how to make you're own changes & gives you an idea how things are seeing & work etc. It is tedious to do. But not impossible as I jumped into this years ago as a noob. Only way I got my head around it. Is what I stated. Unless you come from a background that does gui frontends type of stuff. Then this will be easy for you

On 4/5/2023 at 4:00 PM, smithmal said:

Many of these tutorials are over 7-8 years old.  Moreover I have seen many new skins developed.  For those of you that have created skins for Aurora in the last couple of years could you please let me know the following:

Is there a good tutorial that breaks down how to develop an Aurora 0.7b r1655 skin that is easy enough for a newb to follow?

For your other question on another post. Yes it's possible to make an old Aurora skin build xzp work with the latest version of Aurora. You need to compare the changes from the old xzp & apply them to the new aurora xzp. 

Thanks for your response.  I guess I'll try and muddle through and ask any questions along the way.  Who knows, maybe after I've created a skin I can try and write an updated tutorial.

On 4/7/2023 at 3:09 AM, smithmal said:

Thanks for your response.  I guess I'll try and muddle through and ask any questions along the way.  Who knows, maybe after I've created a skin I can try and write an updated tutorial.

If it helps you to know, I'm in the same place right now.  I think the tool authors don't quite understand how confusing it all is to a newbie.  It doesn't help that a lot of the tools also seem to be broken now, at least on my laptop.  I can't tell if half the error messages I'm getting are because I'm doing something wrong or the tools are just broken.  It's a shame as it means the scene hasn't ever been able to flourish like it deserved to.  I still believe there's hope though!