RealModScene
janner66

Playing Indie Games from an External Hard Drive

Hi,

I had Indie games working on my internal hard drive but to save space I want to put them on an external hard drive. I have put them on the drive under folder USB1:content0000000000000000584eo7d20000002

I have the game path pointing at USB1:content0000000000000000 and have retail as automatic and devkit as XBLA with a scan depth of 2.

They are showing in the homebrew folder and launch but I get a message saying the file is corrupt.

Also is there a way of using 360 content manager to upload your games to USB1 as the default is HDD1 and I can't seem to alter it.

Thanks.

arrrg still not working.

I am wondering about the folder 584E07D2. Is the 0 numerical or alphabetical?

Here is my setup:

Dashlaunch has contpatch Enabled, liveblock enabled, autofake disabled but fakelive enabled.

Gamepath is: Usb0:content0000000000000000  scan depth 4

USB0 has the following: USB0:content0000000000000000584E07D2 (The 0 is a zero) In this folder I have 00000002 and 000B0000Tu in the 000B0000 and games in 00000002

I have the USB drive in the top port at the back of the Xbox.

Can you see anything wrong? I am wondering whether Indie games are just not workable on external drives perhaps? Thanks.

To be honest I have like two Indie games that I store on my internal HDD so I can't really help you with your external HDD issue. The "0" is usually numerical.

No problem mate. Thanks for your help. If I don't get any other answers I will puit the XBLA games on the external and keep the Indie games on the internal.

XBLA and 360 games can go on external but ALL DLC and Indie games MUST be on hdd1

I tried creating an official partition of 32gb on the external hard drive and put a few indie games on there with the tu update but still didn't work.

I tried creating an official partition of 32gb on the external hard drive and put a few indie games on there with the tu update but still didn't work.

USB Is not official (even the partition).

Just xbox MU (the old 256/512mb MU Cards for the phat xboxes), built in memory or the official hd

• Like 1

No problem. Thanks for confirming.

Is this something that could be remedied in a future update or will it always be impossible to play them from an external hard drive?

Thanks.

No problem. Thanks for confirming.

Is this something that could be remedied in a future update or will it always be impossible to play them from an external hard drive?

Thanks.

Sorry mate but it will never be possible, the Indie Games TU requires the games to be on an official storage space, like xbox orginals (in GoD format) will only play from Hdd1. This is just one of these options you just have to get used to.

Maybe just maybe it will be bypassed in the future and can be put on a USB but what ever you do, do not hold your breath lol  :thumbup:

I definitely won't be holding my breath. I have the lung capacity of a squirrel with a 100 a day habit.

It's not a biggy just would be nice.

Thanks.

• Like 1