RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
redbaeren

DJ Hero 2 GOD Crash

Hello, I've attempted to run DJ Hero 2 from my internal storage in multiple different ways and nothing seems to work. 

Disc version runs fine but loading from internal causes crash when trying to load the main menu after the intro cutscenes.

Disc to GOD = crash

Downloaded back up disc rip to internal storage = crash

I've tried to use latest TU and no TU. Crash. Disable my only plugin which is proto. Crash. No DLC installed for game. 

Internal storage is a 1TB SSD.

This is the only game that causes an issue.

Running Aurora 0.7b. IDK what else to try. Anyone have any insight?

Logs are attached.

debug.log.last debug.log

I'm running a GoD with TU#2 and no DLC on a RGH2 on the latest dash. Runs as expected. TID: 4156087F / MID: 0B152F70. No plugins loaded except NOVA. I would leave the physical disc alone and try another rip from somewhere else.

Also I've noticed while checking your debug.log your "Profile1" profile is corrupt. Try fixing or removing that profile. Also you could try re-installing the Avatar-update matching your dash.

P.s. Why you're using a SSD for internal storage? The 360 doesn't by far use the full potential of the SSD' speed because of the slower bus speed.

On 3/19/2023 at 8:07 PM, Remmigiosh said:

I'm running a GoD with TU#2 and no DLC on a RGH2 on the latest dash. Runs as expected. TID: 4156087F / MID: 0B152F70. No plugins loaded except NOVA. I would leave the physical disc alone and try another rip from somewhere else.

Also I've noticed while checking your debug.log your "Profile1" profile is corrupt. Try fixing or removing that profile. Also you could try re-installing the Avatar-update matching your dash.

P.s. Why you're using a SSD for internal storage? The 360 doesn't by far use the full potential of the SSD' speed because of the slower bus speed.

Like mentioned in the post, I tried a downloaded rip and still had the same error. Tried a different downloaded rip as well, still crashes. Tested with no profiles installed. Still crashes. Maybe there is something stored that is causing the crash, because I swear I had played off the internal storage at one point and then I don't remember if I uninstalled at one point or what happened. Maybe I just need to reformat the drive. 

As far as using a SSD goes. I'm aware that the 360 can't take full advantage of the speed, but for me it's more about the weight, noise, heat, and longevity of the SSD. Plus this is an Inland 1TB SSD I got from Microcenter for like $60 so it was cheap enough to justify.

On 3/26/2023 at 10:46 PM, redbaeren said:

As far as using a SSD goes. I'm aware that the 360 can't take full advantage of the speed, but for me it's more about the weight, noise, heat, and longevity of the SSD. Plus this is an Inland 1TB SSD I got from Microcenter for like $60 so it was cheap enough to justify.

That sounds reasonable. You would cancel out some noise from the disk.

On 3/26/2023 at 10:46 PM, redbaeren said:

Like mentioned in the post, I tried a downloaded rip and still had the same error. Tried a different downloaded rip as well, still crashes. Tested with no profiles installed. Still crashes. Maybe there is something stored that is causing the crash, because I swear I had played off the internal storage at one point and then I don't remember if I uninstalled at one point or what happened. Maybe I just need to reformat the drive.

So the corrupted profile isn't the culprit. At this point I would go for trial and error, and see what's causing the problem by starting all over. I mean start with a clean drive, and go step-by-step adding stuff. Of course backup first, then reformat, dashlaunch/aurora and adding your game, etc. Maybe first reflash your console if you're able to. Slight chance, but there might be a bad block appearing after all those years.

Btw. have you already tried clearing the /Cache folder? I've heard that helped some people with various problems. You could maybe try that first?

On 3/28/2023 at 7:34 AM, Remmigiosh said:

That sounds reasonable. You would cancel out some noise from the disk.

So the corrupted profile isn't the culprit. At this point I would go for trial and error, and see what's causing the problem by starting all over. I mean start with a clean drive, and go step-by-step adding stuff. Of course backup first, then reformat, dashlaunch/aurora and adding your game, etc. Maybe first reflash your console if you're able to. Slight chance, but there might be a bad block appearing after all those years.

Btw. have you already tried clearing the /Cache folder? I've heard that helped some people with various problems. You could maybe try that first?

I didn't mention it in the OP but it's a RGH3, so the flash is pretty recent. I'm pretty sure I already cleared cache but can try it again. But probably just need to start over. Unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Bumping in hopes of OP seeing this and letting me know if reformatting fixed it (I really hope not, I don't want to reformat just for this one game that mysteriously doesn't want to work for several people). This is the 3rd instance I've found so far of someone having this issue, not including me.

Edit: did some asking around and found that the only thing in common between everyone I know with the issue is that they have an SSD as internal storage. This game just REALLY does not like SSDs for some reason. Great that I don't have to reformate but bummed that the issue is basically unfixable unless if I downgrade my drive. 

Edited by zanesix
New information