RealModScene
Leogames

NXE-Style Layout for Aurora

Aurora is a great piece of software but I'm one of those people who likes a stock look on their modified console.  And we all know that NXE was the best 360 dashboard before MS started changing it with those awful tiles ;)

So I've been playing about with Aurora Coverflow Layout Editor and have managed to create this:

xHyy53L.jpg

It's a bit of a hack - CLE doesn't seem to officially let you have your library only appear on one side so I cheated and just pushed the other side off the screen entirely 😂  It's still WIP and needs a little tweaking but overall, I think it comes pretty close.

The left and right motion works great.  However, I don't know if it's possible to use the vertical controls to change categories without changing how Aurora works underneath.

The above screenshot uses the avatar from @KiwiMeoWii but I'd like to understand from them how we can tweak that.  I don't think the original NXE dashboard had the avatar in this position but it's still how I remember it, so I'm going to have it present on mine.

The layout and background from this are attached in this thread.  I'll keep working on this to improve it!

NXE_Green_720.png

Xbox 360 NXE 2 by LeoG.cfljson

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you! I have a tweaked version and will upload ASAP. I should say though that if you mean that you like the simplicity of the icons missing, they're usually there - Aurora just removed them when I took the screenshot :)

Otherwise, it surprises me that every coverflow layout that exists insists on an infinite style and with flows on *both* sides unless you fudge it this way. But for now, thanks again for the compliments, look out for the update and enjoy!

Great skin! But I have a problem, namely that the text does not fit on the display. The letters are too large. Fix please! 🙋‍♂️

On 12/31/2023 at 4:56 PM, Gabi23 said:

Great skin! But I have a problem, namely that the text does not fit on the display. The letters are too large. Fix please! 🙋‍♂️

Hi and thanks for the kind words. Are you able to share a screenshot of this?  I don't have this problem and aren't sure what you mean.

Either way though, I should warn you that I would likely have no idea how to fix this myself. There is little I can do beyond the surface-level options of Aurora Coverflow Layout Editor - there are no good guides on modding and the scene is now pretty much dead.  Maybe someone else can help if you share more details though.

And if not, I hope the skin is still good enough for you to use on whatever setup you have!

On 2024. 01. 04. at 11:57, Leogames said:

Szia és köszönöm a kedves szavakat. Tudsz erről képernyőképet megosztani? Nekem nincs ilyen problémám, és nem tudom, mire gondol.

Akárhogy is, de figyelmeztetnem kell, hogy valószínűleg fogalmam sincs, hogyan tudnám ezt magam megoldani. Keveset tehetek az Aurora Coverflow Layout Editor felületszintű beállításain túl –  nincsenek jó útmutatók a módosításhoz, és a jelenet mára nagyjából halott. De talán valaki más tud segíteni, ha megosztana további részleteket.

És ha nem, akkor remélem, hogy a bőr még mindig elég jó ahhoz, hogy bármilyen beállítást használjon!

Nagyon szuper lenne ha a betű méret megfelelő lenne. Csatolom a fotót :

IMG_20231231_160120.jpg

On 1/11/2024 at 6:11 PM, Gabi23 said:

Nagyon szuper lenne ha a betű méret megfelelő lenne. Csatolom a fotót :

IMG_20231231_160120.jpg

So it looks like you're just using the background, not my skin.

To the best of my knowledge, that shouldn't affect the text size - it's just a graphic. The text problem will be caused by something else.