RealModScene
KiwiMeoWii

(Skin) Aurora + Avatar v0.7b.2

Added the Avatar. No major changes.

This is still the original Aurora default.xzp but with the avatar. It is offset for a reason.

I did have a version 1 afew years back I uploaded to another group but avatar was far to the left screen. but never uploaded it anywhere else thank god😅 as recently I noticed when running props with my avatar it will cut out of the screen & the scene wasn't large enough & it looked weird when running props but looked nice with just the avatar. Lmao

I have tested this v2 version extensively with large prop animations & everything seems to work fine within that scene & not cut out of the scene. So now all avatar prop animations will fit & work along side your avatar. Why it's offset to the right of the screen. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12xtQebsvROtXA1taqf3ywq_qfRLRlAKZ/view?usp=drivesdk

output-onlinepngtools123.png

output-onlinepngtools (3).png

output-onlinepngtools.png

KiwiMeoWii2_Aurora_Live2.png

KiwiMeoWii_Aurora_Live1-1.png

2.png

KiwiMeoWii_Aurora_Live_Lowriding2.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KiwiMeoWii said:

I did have a version 1 afew years back I uploaded to another group but avatar was far to the left screen. but never uploaded it anywhere else thank god😅 as recently I noticed when running props with my avatar it will cut out of the screen & the scene wasn't large enough & it looked weird when running props but looked nice with just the avatar. Lmao

Very good, no skin and person has ever corrected the avatar animation, finally someone was able to correct this error and I congratulate you, thanks :goodjob:

• Thanks 1

This is fantastic!  Being new to Aurora, I was only wondering the other day if it was possible to show the avatar and now I've seen this :)

Is it possible, even just in theory, to:

1) Add this to a different skin if I already have a different?

2) To change the size and position of the avatar?  I'm trying to recreate stock as close as possible within Aurora at the moment.. 😇

Great work!

34 minutes ago, Leogames said:

This is fantastic!  Being new to Aurora, I was only wondering the other day if it was possible to show the avatar and now I've seen this :)

Is it possible, even just in theory, to:

1) Add this to a different skin if I already have a different?

2) To change the size and position of the avatar?  I'm trying to recreate stock as close as possible within Aurora at the moment.. 😇

Great work!

Yes definitely possible. My biggest other reason for where the avatar is. Mainly for running different variations of coverflows you can use. So the avatar wouldn't look out of place using different coverflows with it. Plus the props animations of course was the main part etc

1 hour ago, KiwiMeoWii said:

Yes definitely possible. My biggest other reason for where the avatar is. Mainly for running different variations of coverflows you can use. So the avatar wouldn't look out of place using different coverflows with it. Plus the props animations of course was the main part etc

Ahhh, thanks for the information. So displaying the avatar has been possible for a while, but you've changed the position so that it's always useful in this way? Is that right?

Do you mind me asking how you did this? If it's a publicly available tool, I might try it myself to achieve the look I want :)

--

Edit: When I said stock earlier, that wasn't actually what I meant. It seems I meant the NXE/Kinect dashboard or at least some variant of it. Modern stock aka Metro is horrible!

2 hours ago, Leogames said:

Ahhh, thanks for the information. So displaying the avatar has been possible for a while, but you've changed the position so that it's always useful in this way? Is that right?

Do you mind me asking how you did this? If it's a publicly available tool, I might try it myself to achieve the look I want :)

--

Edit: When I said stock earlier, that wasn't actually what I meant. It seems I meant the NXE/Kinect dashboard or at least some variant of it. Modern stock aka Metro is horrible!

Yes adding the avatar has been possible from the start I guess. It's just the skinners never added it to there skins or just didn't like the avatar. The tools are publicly available. 

For NXE questions: it's possible but it won't turn out to be the actual nxe dashboard as your limited to the Aurora code. I have emulated the nxe tabscene using the Aurora quickviews options but thats how far I got. As I wanted to be able to boot the multi quickview scene on aurora boot up. But then found out it's not possible after talking to Mattie & Swizzy awhile back. As Aurora is built around the coverflow

You will need the Aurora Source Code & to do big changes.

This is another reason I stopped making my own custom skins. As I was limited in how far I could go. Plus most of the skins look the same

Only decent skin builders I have seen for aurora are Odin, M0514H & that skin Holimite Gears of War theme for 6b were my all time top aurora themes I'll use.  All themes now are all based from there custom skins. 

I am thinking of remaking that Holimite Gears of War 0.6b theme to work with v0.7b.2 but kind of busy doing other things.

Done this theme years back. But never released as it's still a working progress. But has the nxe idea behind it in the Aurora quickviews. Works like a charm. But the idea was not mine. Was all matties idea. But yeah life things get in the way

20211005_135230.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Leogames said:

--

Yeah the position is where it is for a reason. If you decide to run prop animations alongside your avatar & want those background avatar props to work in that scene those will work with this avatar scene. As there are alot of different variation of prop animations & some really big prop animations. It actually takes up half of the screen which you wouldn't see unless your running a big prop animation. 

From the right side of the screen when looking directly at it to the middle of the screen. Is how wide the prop animation scene is. Most people forget about the prop animations so the background scene for the avatar ain't wide enough. So when you try to run background animations you will see it cut out of the scene because the scene ain't wide enough. Hope this helps

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gennaro said:

To achieve perfection, if possible, the speed of the animation movements should be corrected

Yeah that would be nice. But im unsure how that all works etc. As the timing sometimes are random. Sometimes I see the avatar make the props Animation boot afew times in a row. Then you won't see it boot for ages. Like the avatar has a mind of its own lol

5 hours ago, KiwiMeoWii said:

Yes adding the avatar has been possible from the start I guess. It's just the skinners never added it to there skins or just didn't like the avatar. The tools are publicly available. 

For NXE questions: it's possible but it won't turn out to be the actual nxe dashboard as your limited to the Aurora code. I have emulated the nxe tabscene using the Aurora quickviews options but thats how far I got. As I wanted to be able to boot the multi quickview scene on aurora boot up. But then found out it's not possible after talking to Mattie & Swizzy awhile back. As Aurora is built around the coverflow

You will need the Aurora Source Code & to do big changes.

This is another reason I stopped making my own custom skins. As I was limited in how far I could go. Plus most of the skins look the same

Only decent skin builders I have seen for aurora are Odin, M0514H & that skin Holimite Gears of War theme for 6b were my all time top aurora themes I'll use.  All themes now are all based from there custom skins. 

I am thinking of remaking that Holimite Gears of War 0.6b theme to work with v0.7b.2 but kind of busy doing other things.

Done this theme years back. But never released as it's still a working progress. But has the nxe idea behind it in the Aurora quickviews. Works like a charm. But the idea was not mine. Was all matties idea. But yeah life things get in the way

20211005_135230.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing all this info. But wait - you built this in Aurora? That looks incredible! It's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I would just add the avatar to this and change the colour scheme to Xbox 360 green/grey.

It's truly inspirational to see that it can be done :)

36 minutes ago, Leogames said:

Thank you so much for sharing all this info. But wait - you built this in Aurora? That looks incredible! It's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I would just add the avatar to this and change the colour scheme to Xbox 360 green/grey.

It's truly inspirational to see that it can be done :)

Runs in aurora. Just never fully finished it. This is the front end of it. 

20211005_135210~2.jpg

• Like 2

I have no words and spectacular, finally a skin worthy of being called a skin would be the most beautiful skin without discussion hoping that you will have the time to complete it and publish it and if possible also add the avatar on the home screen.
It would become the default skin on all my installations of rgh that I'm selling

20211005_135230.jpg.0689f767f4c2224367f7f2f4eb1cfd8a.jpg

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Gennaro said:

I have no words and spectacular, finally a skin worthy of being called a skin would be the most beautiful skin without discussion hoping that you will have the time to complete it and publish it and if possible also add the avatar on the home screen.
It would become the default skin on all my installations of rgh that I'm selling

20211005_135230.jpg.0689f767f4c2224367f7f2f4eb1cfd8a.jpg

This image is not the homescreen man. This is the Aurora Quickview. Only way I could emulate the nxe dash was using the quickview tabscenes to build it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KiwiMeoWii said:

This image is not the homescreen man. This is the Aurora Quickview. Only way I could emulate the nxe dash was using the quickview tabscenes to build it.

Ah I see. But it's still impressive work! I did think (and hoped) it was the homescreen but if Aurora makes that impossible then obviously that's not your fault.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 1:31 AM, Leogames said:

Ah I see. But it's still impressive work! I did think (and hoped) it was the homescreen but if Aurora makes that impossible then obviously that's not your fault.

If someone that is knowledgeable in code & frontends if the source code is released & adds in all the nxe features. You could build all the 4 360 dashboard themes from that xzp. But then Aurora will be going back to how fsd was. Which the Aurora team moved away from which I understand.

On 2/28/2023 at 8:13 PM, KiwiMeoWii said:

If someone that is knowledgeable in code & frontends if the source code is released & adds in all the nxe features. You could build all the 4 360 dashboard themes from that xzp. But then Aurora will be going back to how fsd was. Which the Aurora team moved away from which I understand.

Okay, KiwiMeoWii and Gennaro..  I'm working on something that maybe I should share here soon.  Thank you both so much for inspiring me to do this.  Maybe you'll like it! :)

So I'm new at this, and only started using Coverflow Layout Editor tonight.. but this is what I made:

xHyy53L.jpg

It's a bit of a hack - but I've combined it with a green backdrop and your avatar skin, KiwiMeoWii, to make it resemble the NXE dashboard.

I think it looks pretty good, considering.  I'd like to be able to make the avatar around twice the size and move them up and right.  But I don't know how to do that :)

(It doesn't matter to me personally if the accessories go off the screen but I know not everyone feels that way!).

EDIT: Instead of hijacking @KiwiMeoWii 's thread, I've started a new one:

Edited by Leogames

10 hours ago, Leogames said:

So I'm new at this, and only started using Coverflow Layout Editor tonight.. but this is what I made:

xHyy53L.jpg

It's a bit of a hack - but I've combined it with a green backdrop and your avatar skin, KiwiMeoWii, to make it resemble the NXE dashboard.

I think it looks pretty good, considering.  I'd like to be able to make the avatar around twice the size and move them up and right.  But I don't know how to do that :)

(It doesn't matter to me personally if the accessories go off the screen but I know not everyone feels that way!).

EDIT: Instead of hijacking @KiwiMeoWii 's thread, I've started a new one:

Looks good. Yeah you need to extract the xzp into xur then you can start to do what you want & make the skin your own

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 9:08 AM, Leogames said:

Anything you do will always be appreciated, and now I'm happy you're working on something similar I wish I could help you but I don't have the time to do it because luckily I sell at least 2/3 xbox360rgh a week and I'm happy about this because I bring more and more people to this beloved console.
I'm also working on some special mods on the console but also on aurora I'm recreating the cover trailer screenshots catalog from scratch... it will still take some time but I'm halfway there 600 games made out of 1200

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gennaro said:

I'm glad to hear it. It doesn't look like many other people are still engaging with these boards, which is a real shame - I love my RGH 360s!  So yes, let's keep the scene alive together :)

Keep going on your cover trailer screenshots, I'm excited to see the results when you're done!

• Like 1

@KiwiMeoWii,

This is awesome!  Thanks!  I'm actually new to RGH3 and Aurora and even though I the XDK installed and XUI tool, I haven't been able to get XUI tool to open any of the .XUR files.  I can select all files when I go to open and choose my .XUR (Aurora_Main.xur) but it doesn't open.  I don't get any error, but I don't see any "scene" in XUI Tool like below.  Any ideas on this?  Is there a specific XDK version I should be using?   All I'm wanting to do is edit the Aurora_Main.xur to add music support to the skin (just .wav).   Do you happen to have a version of this skin with fixed avatar that also has music support you could share?  Thanks for any guidance.  There doesn't appear to be much activity here anymore and it's hard to learn with almost no documentation.

image.thumb.png.5ab6553c6b15cd882565d198ab050c64.png

On 9/5/2023 at 6:51 AM, hogfan said:

@KiwiMeoWii,

This is awesome!  Thanks!  I'm actually new to RGH3 and Aurora and even though I the XDK installed and XUI tool, I haven't been able to get XUI tool to open any of the .XUR files.  I can select all files when I go to open and choose my .XUR (Aurora_Main.xur) but it doesn't open.  I don't get any error, but I don't see any "scene" in XUI Tool like below.  Any ideas on this?  Is there a specific XDK version I should be using?   All I'm wanting to do is edit the Aurora_Main.xur to add music support to the skin (just .wav).   Do you happen to have a version of this skin with fixed avatar that also has music support you could share?  Thanks for any guidance.  There doesn't appear to be much activity here anymore and it's hard to learn with almost no documentation.

image.thumb.png.5ab6553c6b15cd882565d198ab050c64.png

You probably don't have the AuroraElement.xml setup in xuitool. You can get that from the Aurora Phoenix site.

It's easier to convert that wav to xma. It's just a drag n drop your wav into the xma tool & it spits it out as an xma file. Then just add it into the Aurora maim.xui file & point it directly at the xma file, save xui file then done. 

Yeah there is not much documentation on skinning with xuitool. I got a Lil bit info from here via felida but it wasn't super in depth. Pretty much self taught myself. But lost interest as you can only go so far before it becomes a source code thing. Most of the skins pretty much look the same. Just bland I guess.

7 hours ago, KiwiMeoWii said:

You probably don't have the AuroraElement.xml setup in xuitool. You can get that from the Aurora Phoenix site.

It's easier to convert that wav to xma. It's just a drag n drop your wav into the xma tool & it spits it out as an xma file. Then just add it into the Aurora maim.xui file & point it directly at the xma file, save xui file then done. 

Yeah there is not much documentation on skinning with xuitool. I got a Lil bit info from here via felida but it wasn't super in depth. Pretty much self taught myself. But lost interest as you can only go so far before it becomes a source code thing. Most of the skins pretty much look the same. Just bland I guess.

Thanks for the reply!  That was it!  Once I got the AuroraElement.xml I'm able to open the .xurs.  I figured I had to be missing something!  I never would have thought to look further down that main page on the main Phoenix site.  Much appreciated!

@KiwiMeoWii,

I add the XuiSoundXAudio control to the Aurora_Main.xur and tried pointing it at both a .wav and .xma file.  Saved as a new .xui file and then exported as binary (.xur, overwriting the existing Aurora_Main.xur).  

Within the extracted skin folder I have a new "Sounds" folder and within that I the dash_music.wav file referenced in the image below.   I re-pack the skin with XZP Tool and FTP over to the 360.  However, when loading the skin, I get no music/sound.  As mentioned I've tried with both .wav & .xma files.  Not sure what I'm still doing wrong here.   

image.thumb.png.1944b57140a4e294fba142089175c485.png