RealModScene
Fanto

Red Dead Redemption goty vs normal dlc !problem!

Is there a way that i can play with others red dead redemption, me having the game of the year edition and them standard edition with individual dlcs, because their is a problem in RDR GOTY the title update (8) is built in and FDS3 shows me that i don't have any TU installed. Because of that i can't join other players with the latest title update (8).

Is there a workaround something ???

Find another source to download Tu from , Use google , i had same issue ( another game ) i downloaded somwhere else , Put it in manually , and it worked , Hope it helps you.

only work around right now is to get the original version of the game

So i must get the the standard edition plus undeadnightmare and all the dlcs ?

Can't use my GOTY edition with other players because TU(8) is built in an FSD(LINK) doesn't recognize it.

I did downloaded the game + the DLC, but FSD still cant recognize TU8. I had many problems with this game before, but i always managed to make it work later on. But now its just not works.

Did deleted the TU8 with the title managger and tried to redownload but nothing. Status changes for like 0.01 sec, but than it goes back to "Idle".

edit: did redownloaded TU8 from the net, and put it into cache, and than its appeared in fsd too, its set as active but doesnt works

Have you checked the media id and the game id? 

I did downloaded the game + the DLC, but FSD still cant recognize TU8. I had many problems with this game before, but i always managed to make it work later on. But now its just not works.

Did deleted the TU8 with the title managger and tried to redownload but nothing. Status changes for like 0.01 sec, but than it goes back to "Idle".

edit: did redownloaded TU8 from the net, and put it into cache, and than its appeared in fsd too, its set as active but doesnt works

Even if this is a bit older, I have a little question.

It seems like the goty edition was released with all latest dlcs and updates, so it would normally be compatible.

Wouldnt just a dummy TU8 file be necessary to be in the same room?

Even if this is a bit older, I have a little question.

It seems like the goty edition was released with all latest dlcs and updates, so it would normally be compatible.

Wouldnt just a dummy TU8 file be necessary to be in the same room?

You still need the TU, generally speaking the GOTY editions don't contain all the fixes, they contain the TU aswell... (thus giving you the fixes that way) They're rarely ever re-compiled with all the changes...

I have the same problem, and I am having a VERY difficult time with it. I want to play RDR on link and discovered last night that having the UN DLC and the Hunting and Trading pack causes a crash with LiNK. I have no idea why that happens, but I have confirmed I'm not alone.

I love this game so much I actually PURCHASED the GOTY edition. That's right, purchased. One to reward R* for all their good work, but mostly because I no longer wanted to deal with a bunch of DLC packages. I really, really, really want this to just work with the GOTY edition.

Perhaps to respark this conversation, I'll offer the homework I've done...

according ti R* here...

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202427216--6-19-14-Red-Dead-Redemption-Title-Update-1-08-Notes

The standard edition needs "RDR Xbox 360 EU/US 1.10.1" (the one that you'll find when you google) but the GOTY needs "RDR GOTY Xbox 360 EU/US 1.2.1" which I can not find anywhere...and not for a lack of trying, either. I can confirm they are NOT mix and match, or at least not according to LiNK...

If you find TU8, you can check the mediaID. The one for the standard is 2AAB34E2. The elusive one for the GOTY is 3EE87B76

Not that this is relevant, but another reason I really, really want the correct TU is because R* promises it will unlock the Gentlemen's Attire, which will allow me to get into the high stakes poker game at the Blackwater Hotel in Single Player mode. I play on a JTAG modded box so I could never sign up for the social club. But, R* might be full of poop anyway because I installed the standard version of RDR, TU8, and it didn't unlock anything, so who knows...I just needed to vent that.

Anyway, if anyone is willing to help I'd be so grateful. Thanks.

Hey,

I have the newest Title Update for the GOTY version.

Even if its "TU1", I am sure GOTY and normal version are still compatible, but LiNK doesnt allow playing with people with other TU numbers.

It is a TU which comes to the "Cache" folder and it is for BOTH discs of the GOTY version.

Is it possible to modify the a TU's number? I have both GOTY and normal version which I could test on LiNK. (There are usually a few player with TU8 online, so I could try joining them with the GOTY version after modifying the TU).

Hey,

I have the newest Title Update for the GOTY version.

Even if its "TU1", I am sure GOTY and normal version are still compatible, but LiNK doesnt allow playing with people with other TU numbers.

It is a TU which comes to the "Cache" folder and it is for BOTH discs of the GOTY version.

Is it possible to modify the a TU's number? I have both GOTY and normal version which I could test on LiNK. (There are usually a few player with TU8 online, so I could try joining them with the GOTY version after modifying the TU).

It's not a LiNK restriction, it has to do with the Xbox 360 i think...