RealModScene
rst123

Xbox 360 Slim internal hard drive questions

I have a Xbox 360 Corona 4GB RGHv2 with a 320 GB internal hard drive. FSD3 rev735 Dashlaunch 3.07 dash 16197. I want to change the internal hard drive. I have some questions regarding hard drives:

1. I heard that there may be problems if I use hard drives more than 1TB. Is that correct?

2. Can I use a 7200 rpm one or do I have to use 5400 rpm hard drive? Does an 7200 rpm hard drive make the console overheat?

3. Can you suggest me  any 1TB and 2TB models?

4. Do I need to check for dimensions or will any 2.5 inch hard drive will do ?

5. After I install the new hard drive, I have to boot to NXE dash to format it, install avatars for my dash version and transfer all content from my old internal hard drive so that I will get all save games back. Am I missing any steps?

• Like 1

I have a Xbox 360 Corona 4GB RGHv2 with a 320 GB internal hard drive. FSD3 rev735 Dashlaunch 3.07 dash 16197. I want to change the internal hard drive. I have some questions regarding hard drives:1. I heard that there may be problems if I use hard drives more than 1TB. Is that correct?2. Can I use a 7200 rpm one or do I have to use 5400 rpm hard drive? Does an 7200 rpm hard drive make the console overheat?3. Can you suggest me any 1TB and 2TB models?4. Do I need to check for dimensions or will any 2.5 inch hard drive will do ?5. After I install the new hard drive, I have to boot to NXE dash to format it, install avatars for my dash version and transfer all content from my old internal hard drive so that I will get all save games back. Am I missing any steps?

If you use a 7200 rpm HDD clearly it will load games faster even though it should work the same as a 5400 rpm HDD. Any 2.5" HDD will work but I would suggest you buy a Western Digital HDD cause they're very reliable.
  • Like 1

If you use a 7200 rpm HDD clearly it will load games faster even though it should work the same as a 5400 rpm HDD. Any 2.5" HDD will work but I would suggest you buy a Western Digital HDD cause they're very reliable.

Which internal hard drive do you use?

I use a WD 500 GB Caviar Blue HDD with a case that I've bought from amazon. Never had a problem.

Yeah, yeah, but what they didn't tell you is that you will not be able to use DLC from this HDD. You see normal HDD is not the same as Original Xbox360 hard drive. You need to hack this HDD with HDDHacker v1.30 and you need to use correct HDDSs.bin file. The highest HDDSS.bin for Xbox360 is 320 GB, so even if you use 1 TB HDD your console will recognize it as 320 GB only. Don't get me wrong. You can use bigger HDDs in your RGH/JTAG with all free space but as mentioned it will not be the same as Original Xbox360 internal HDD (You can't use DLC from this drives if they are not configured with HDDSS.bin). These are the HDDs compatible to use as Xbox360 internal HDDs:

WD800BEVT - 80GB

WD1600BEVT - 160GB

WD2500BEVT - 250GB

WD3200BEVT - 320GB

WD1200BEVS - 120GB

WD2500BEVS - 250GB

WD1600BUDT - 160GB

WD2500BUDT - 250GB

WD3200BUDT - 320GB

WD1600BEKT - 160GB

WD2500BEKT - 250GB

WD3200BEKT - 320GB

WD1600BPVT - 160GB

WD2500BPVT - 250GB

WD3200BPVT - 320GB

WD1600BJKT - 160GB

WD10TPVT - 1TB

So the best option is to Leve your 320 Internal HDD in your xbox and get another any bigger hdd, but connect it to xbox via DVD sata or USB.

Yeah, yeah, but what they didn't tell you is that you will not be able to use DLC from this HDD. You see normal HDD is not the same as Original Xbox360 hard drive. You need to hack this HDD with HDDHacker v1.30 and you need to use correct HDDSs.bin file. The highest HDDSS.bin for Xbox360 is 320 GB, so even if you use 1 TB HDD your console will recognize it as 320 GB only. Don't get me wrong. You can use bigger HDDs in your RGH/JTAG with all free space but as mentioned it will not be the same as Original Xbox360 internal HDD (You can't use DLC from this drives if they are not configured with HDDSS.bin). These are the HDDs compatible to use as Xbox360 internal HDDs:WD800BEVT - 80GBWD1600BEVT - 160GBWD2500BEVT - 250GBWD3200BEVT - 320GBWD1200BEVS - 120GBWD2500BEVS - 250GBWD1600BUDT - 160GBWD2500BUDT - 250GBWD3200BUDT - 320GBWD1600BEKT - 160GBWD2500BEKT - 250GBWD3200BEKT - 320GBWD1600BPVT - 160GBWD2500BPVT - 250GBWD3200BPVT - 320GBWD1600BJKT - 160GBWD10TPVT - 1TBSo the best option is to Leve your 320 Internal HDD in your xbox and get another any bigger hdd, but connect it to xbox via DVD sata or USB.

I have seen youtube videos of people using 500GB+ internal hdds with their RGH xboxes and I read that HDDHackr is only for people who use retail hard drives for their unmodded xboxes. Now I am confused :(

• Like 1

But they are not able to use DLC from those drives. Try use DLC from USB drive and you'll see. Or try to play Xbox Classic game without original Xbox HDD inside console. There is no way to do that, not matter RGH or just flashed DVD.

But they are not able to use DLC from those drives. Try use DLC from USB drive and you'll see. Or try to play Xbox Classic game without original Xbox HDD inside console. There is no way to do that, not matter RGH or just flashed DVD.

You're wrong LOL. As Jpizzle said any HDD up to 2 TB will work. Just plug it in and configure it in Metro/Nxe Dash.All DLC's and all Xbox Classic games will work just like they would work on a "normal" HDD.Source: My 500 GB HDD ;)

OK. I was wrong. My bad. I opened my Slim trinity and swapped original 250 GB HDD with my old 160 GB sata FAT32 formated HDD. It didn't work 'couse xbox had problem with powering this HDD, but I powered it from my PC and just plugged it Via SATA to XBOX and it worked. It looks like you can format in NXE any HDD up to 2 TB on RGH console and use It. Sorry for this.

It would be logical but it doesn't have to be that way. Either way I would go with the 7200 rpm.

But 7200 rpm drives do not come in 1TB :cry:

Then a 5400 rpm will do just fine ;)

I've beem using WD HDD's for years and they never gave me any problems. You should stick with WD even though a Rgh'd Xbox will accept any HDD.

bump. Lol

Is it true i can upgrade to a 2tb and still have my dlc and avatar items? Confused a bit. Use nxe to format hdd. It will show all available memory or only 320 gigs? Got a 320 gig filled and need to ugrade. I was under impression i had to do it the ss.bin way. Would this any riskier on live? I know people say to have 2 hdds for that but i havent had a problem(owned it for 2 years now)

How would i transfer it back since hdd is encrupted right?

bump. Lol

Is it true i can upgrade to a 2tb and still have my dlc and avatar items? Confused a bit. Use nxe to format hdd. It will show all available memory or only 320 gigs? Got a 320 gig filled and need to ugrade. I was under impression i had to do it the ss.bin way. Would this any riskier on live? I know people say to have 2 hdds for that but i havent had a problem(owned it for 2 years now)

How would i transfer it back since hdd is encrupted right?

Maximum size you can have on the internal HDD is 500GB at this time for live usage... <--- This is not live safe unless you get an official drive by Microsoft

However, you can now (with the latest kernel/dashboard/update) use up to 2TB on an external harddrive <--- this is live safe

• Like 1

Nice.so if im running a dual nand, i can run "stock" internal, flip my switch and run rgh on external? Want it nice and clean, plan on getting a year of gold for the family. And i have kids &friends over all the time playing.

So to be legit i have to clone it via ass.bin correct. And also want to say thanx. Seems as if your always around the corner. Lol

The internal HDD must have ss.bin written to it in order for it to function with retail...

External can be used by any device without any problems...

You can format an internal drive up to 2TB aswell for use only with RGH which is probably the safest method for a dualboot using external for retail and internal for RGH

Hi,

I need some help. I have a xbox slim and I am now trying to get an internal HDD in (to play xbox classic games and also games like Phantom Pain). I have a a Seagate laptop drive (120 GB) and I have a case for plugging in the HDD into the xbox.

My question is when I get this drive recognized and in the NXE do a HDD format will I get the compatibility partition so that I can play the xbox classic game? Or do I have to get the partition in manually. I am confused as some people seem to suggest that a mere xbox format will get the new HDD ready for backward compatibility while others state that it is not the case.

So how do I do this, please help me

Peace

Ananth

You need to read the guide in the tutorials section which explains how to get the Xbox Backwards Compatibility working