RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
paulosergio96

Is there any way to turn off the usb when the console is off as well?

I have a weird issue. I'm using a lg hxd5 500gb external hdd for freestyle dash and my games, but the thing is that even when i turn off the console the hdd keeps running. Now obviously i don't want to leave it just wasting energy and possibly the hdd itself, but sometimes i'll forget to remove it manually.

Is there any way to set fsd or dashlaunch so it cuts power completely off the usb ports once the console is off?

Take out powercord to harddrive :D ? Or take out usb cable when xbox is off ? :) 

• Like 1

is this a tutorial? Then why is it posted in the tutorials section?  :wallbash:

To answer your question it is the external HDD's enclosure that regulates when the hdd turns off and when it will continue to spin.

My external drive's light is on, but it is not running like it would if I was playing a game off of it. Either remember to remove it...or just let it be? FSD cannot do anything about it. 

simple remove the usb lead or unplug the xbox when you finished, if you leave it plugged in it wont harm it its only in idle mode,

if you are too bothered about it, then you will just have to get in the habit of removing it, as there is no way round this as far as i know.