RealModScene
croize

make a xbox cooler..

It may help a little.  If you have the older xenon or other non hdmi box they really suffer from over heat conditions.  If you have a newer jasper or slim (jtag or rgh) there is not as much to worry about.  You can do the 12volt fan mod, or use the fsd setting to max your fan rpms.  It's a little noisier but, but there is very little risk of "cooking" your console.  For the older xenon consoles, the red rings are just a matter of time.  

If you have a Slim you should buy a Slim Talismoon fan. I can personally vouch for it.

You can do this crap but if you really want your xbox or even ps3 you should look at a koolance exos 2.5 with water cooling kit from koolance for the xbox or gpu200 blocks for the ps3.

If you do the ps3 you need some exhaust fans to take the heat from the psu

My temps for the xbox never repeat NEVER go above 40c I played black ops on line for just over 2 hours and the hottest thing inside my xbox was my cpu at 38.5c

So if you are serious and have a simple working knowledge of how things work do it. It keeps your mind at ease and brings a smile to your face when people you know are having to reball and you just sit there continuing to play.

You can do this crap but if you really want your xbox or even ps3 you should look at a koolance exos 2.5 with water cooling kit from koolance for the xbox or gpu200 blocks for the ps3.

If you do the ps3 you need some exhaust fans to take the heat from the psu

My temps for the xbox never repeat NEVER go above 40c I played black ops on line for just over 2 hours and the hottest thing inside my xbox was my cpu at 38.5c

So if you are serious and have a simple working knowledge of how things work do it. It keeps your mind at ease and brings a smile to your face when people you know are having to reball and you just sit there continuing to play.

Dont know how to install crap like that xD Thats why i was asking about somthing simple as mentioned above , But i will look this up , no doubt , Maybe i got a friend thats skilled on this , or just hire a company doing it for me , Thanks guys :)

I simply wire in a 9v fan using voltages off of the DVD tray.  The fans cost about $8 when purchased in bulk and install easily with a little high temperature hot glue. My gpu runs at about 55 degrees and is always cooler than my cpu.  All you have to do is mount it to the frame just above your gpu's auxilary heat sink fin and make sure that it is oriented as an intake fan.  It is dead simple to do once you know the dvd trays power voltages and you don't have to put up with the screaming tornado that is the 12v fan mod.  I use this on both stock and modded systems along with an H-clamp from xboxxperts and have never had a problem with either the fan or the dvd tray that I'm pulling the power from.  The one caveat is that it does not work well with the 2nd gen cpu heat sinks as they are a little wider and do not allow enough room for the 70 mm fans I use to fit.  The astute observer will notice that the top lid for the Xbox 360 has a grated hole with an empty channel meant for funneling intake air to the Xbox 360's auxiliary gpu heat sink fin.  This is the same on Xenon consoles as well, even though Xenon consoles did not originally come with a gpu heat sink that had an auxilary fin on them.  Also on Xenon consoles there is an unused 3 pin molex port which would have been perfect for a variable speed speed fan as it includes a 5v, 12v and ground.  This has me convinced that the 2nd gen heat sink was actually intended to be used in the first place in concert with an intake cooling fan that was never installed on any of the consoles.To give you an idea, after reflowing the solder on my machine post red rings of death using a proprietary method that my business partner and I have developed and are working to patent, I have had my machine running for hours every day with no failure for the last two and a half years.  Microsoft refurbs could never even get close to this.  Keep in mind, I'm running a reflowed Xenon, not a Jasper.  our return rate on Xbox 360 consoles is less than 5%.  Of that 5%, nearly all of those consoles were fixed using old or faulty repair methods that have wrecked the consoles due to poor methods of repair.  After we have them reflowed, we throw on the h-clamp and the fan I mentioned and for the most part never see those consoles again.​Sorry to toot my own horn about the reflow bit, I'm just awfully proud of it is all.  Even without the reflow, a 70 mm fan (make sure you get the slim kind that they use in laptops)  and an H-clamp could give you a permanent, internalized solution for about $20.  However I don't know if the cooling pad would do that much since the Xbox 360 draws its air mostly from the top and sides and not the bottom, though it certainly can't hurt to try!

Im a little intrested of the water cooling system tbh , Just the issue that i just cant do it >.< I guess im gonna have to try install one by myself eventually since its good to know how to do it , Or just watch friends doing it , net etc , But ye , I rly hope lizardbell give me a price range of this  + parts , So i can tell the mod company doing it for me , Will cost , i know , But im also sure it will be worth it in the end.... So lizardball , Please tell me what u paid for your system please :D

What I paid for my system was probably about £600 in total.  It seems a lot but that's a exos 2.5 which is a fully external unit, the blocks inside the xbox, barbs inside, quick disconnect couplers, 2xgpu 200 water blocks for ps2, internal barbs, tubing, anti kink coils, also I have some copper heatsinks on my rams on the motherboard as well as my hana chip.  In the next couple of days ill post some pics of my set up.

It is pretty simple to do remove mother board from metal frame drill a couple of holes connect the barbs put the blocks on the cpu and gpu connect up with tubing and bobs your uncle.

My system is a bit overkill but my xbox is a falcon before I done it I could leave it on fsd and the temps would be around 60-70c now I am never above 40c I have played my xbox for 9-10 hours at some weekends red dead redemption at the weekend I put in some 12 hour shifts no problem

Damn 600 lol , Gotta exist cheaper tho : ) I will take a look around in shops , thanks m8

like I said that is talking probably about £150 for the ps3 stuff.  You can get smaller systems mine has 3x120mm fans to cool the radiator down 2 x pumps 1 is in case the first one stops working the 2nd pump automatically kick you can get single or double fans on the external  if you don't have room for this monster I forgot to mention that it is 22" long.

Oh and moses me personal if something happens to ur xbox reflow is not the best option it is not a fix it is a botch job go for a full reball

Lizardbell, with all due respect, we do not actually perform a reflow, it is more akin to wave soldering.  I would also argue against a reball being a legit fix as well.  Reballing adds new solder, sure, but you are doing nothing to prevent warping in your board and the disparity in heat across your motherboard during a reball AND a reflow both cause thermal shock to your board that only exacerbates the problem in the future.  The basic ideas behind electronics repair are generally flawed, especially considering that the methods of repair haven't kept pace with the technology, basically having remained unchanged for over a decade.  Don't believe me?  Ask any repairman for a 1 year warranty on an Xbox 360 repair, they'll laugh you out of their shop because they absolutely know that 3 months for a red ring fix is an absolute stretch.To answer your question Croize, reballing is when you actually remove the chips from the surface of your motherboard in order to put new solder balls on your board with which to re-adhere the chip to.

is that maybe why my xbox is so hot ? i had it , idk .... a few months ? how long is it between every reball ? Thanks for answering

Honestly, you should never have to reball except under extreme circumstances, for instance, if you have a chip that needs to be replaced with a brand new chip because the old one has become irreparable.  Reballing isn't like changing the oil in your car, it's more like putting an entirely new engine in your car.

oh i see , Maybe i just got some dust in mine , maybe thats why its so hot xD 

It never hurts to open it up and blow it out with some compressed air from time to time and that is something that anyone can do.  Also, always place your xbox on a hard surface in open air, never inside of a cabinet or on your carpet.

• Like 1