RealModScene
The_Siffer

Xbox 360 slim fan not working

Hello everyone, 

I have an xbox 360 slim with ace v3 mod chip and a flashed dvd drive. I've been using it for 3 to 4 years up until now I powered it on only to realize the fan wasn't spinning. Its easy to see and it was working fine up until yesterday and now sometimes the fan will try to spin, do a round and turn off but the xbox itself is working fine. I opened it up, there is dust but no major catastrophe, cleaned it and checked the voltages to see if the problem is in the fan or the xbox. This is where it gets confusing, the fan is running if I power it with a 9v battery using the ground and 12v pin and the xbox is giving it 12 volts as well but it doesn't run when plugged into the xbox. I'm stuck as to where the problem is since the fan runs outside the xbox but not when powered by the xbox. I also can't seem to find if the slim ever had a pattern of cooling where the fan turns off if cooling is not required and I don't remember anything fo the sort either. Please guide I need urgent help.

Edit: after some trouble shooting I found that the fan would start running if I set the speed above 40 as a fan override. Below 45 the fan just turns off. Does this mean the fan is at fault or the console?

Edited by The_Siffer

On 12/10/2022 at 4:35 AM, The_Siffer said:

Hello everyone, 

I have an xbox 360 slim with ace v3 mod chip and a flashed dvd drive. I've been using it for 3 to 4 years up until now I powered it on only to realize the fan wasn't spinning. Its easy to see and it was working fine up until yesterday and now sometimes the fan will try to spin, do a round and turn off but the xbox itself is working fine. I opened it up, there is dust but no major catastrophe, cleaned it and checked the voltages to see if the problem is in the fan or the xbox. This is where it gets confusing, the fan is running if I power it with a 9v battery using the ground and 12v pin and the xbox is giving it 12 volts as well but it doesn't run when plugged into the xbox. I'm stuck as to where the problem is since the fan runs outside the xbox but not when powered by the xbox. I also can't seem to find if the slim ever had a pattern of cooling where the fan turns off if cooling is not required and I don't remember anything fo the sort either. Please guide I need urgent help.

Edit: after some trouble shooting I found that the fan would start running if I set the speed above 40 as a fan override. Below 45 the fan just turns off. Does this mean the fan is at fault or the console?

the fan... it is a motor.. motors only have a certain life expectancy..