RealModScene
Frescone

Japanese Language pack?

Hello everyone!

Great to see all the great work that has been done on the 360!

I am having a bit of a struggle understanding how to convert Aurora (and dashlaunch) in Japanese. The one I bought had it installed but I messed up during the Hdd upgrade.
I downloaded the Language Pack Compiler but I do not understand where to get the .dat file required. Also, what should I do with that file? I read here that it should be use together with the XML in the translation tool but ... should not be the compiled file be good to go??? sorry if I am not very clear but I myself I am struggling understanding what to do 😫

Thank you all for reading.

It's maybe a bit late but...

.dat file - is just metadata of language pack(language, author, mb icon). You set these in compiler.

Just use AuroraLanguagePackCompiler or "Compile" button in AuroraTranslationTool. However, it didn't worked for me for some reason, neither newer version of AuroraLanguagePackCompiler somewhere on this forum. So I just built it from source(https://github.com/XboxUnity/AuroraLanguagePackCompiler) and it worked for me on Aurora 0.7b.

Attached archive with it to this post

AuroraLanguagePackCompiler.zip