RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
knowlzy10

freestyle 3 freezes when setting scan paths

I have came across a problem when im stting my scan paths in f3, if i set it for my games folder GOD then it works fine and all my games show up as they should.

But if i set the scan path for my Emus folder which has my emulators in then f3 just freezes and wont do anything, i shut down and start my console back up and its just stuck on the f3 boot up logo, the only way i can get it booting again is by removing the hdd and deleting the Emus folder off the hdd then f3 boots fine.

Was just wondering if anyone got any ideas cheers guys

just an update on this, i tried selecting different scan paths but still the same freezes as soon as i press x to save, on restart freezes on the welcome to f3 screen, if i rename the Emus folder then the console boots into f3.

so i delete the scan path and try again same issue, im using the same settings as i did in fsd2.2 and have even formatted the hdd there are 3 emulators snes360 genesis and fceux

did you try lowering the scan depth?

yeah tried a few different depths, went down as low as 1, tried my original depth of 5 and a higher depth, all same problem, but GOD games work fine and show up in games its just these flaming emulators, i may try removing all the roms and just put the actual emulators on there see if that helps

worst comes to worst you could always set a separate path for each emulator, not the cleanest way but meh... if it works....

well this has got me beat for once lol, i have tried different scan depths, tried removing all the roms and just adding the folders same outcome, just tried what jpizzle sugested adding them one by one same outcome, so i tried putting on external mu and trying that exact same outcome.

if anyone else has managed to get there emulators working could you please post your findings or even dashlaunch settings see if there is anything there stopping these working

cheers

This is fixed and can be closed. Not sure why I didn't try this right away. But I'm guessing when I took the emus folder off my hdd with party buffalo to my PC something must have got corrupted somewhere...

I re grabbed my emulators and added them from USB in f3 and set scan paths no problem FTP all the roms a cross and there fine so it must have been one of the emulators causing my issue

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2