RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
puss2puss

remove COMPLETLY Dashlaunch..

hi!!  :turned:

i was woundering if someone could help me uninstall completly Dashlaunch?..ok ok maybe it have been answered and yah maybe its reallly easy..but i have never UNinstall dashlaunch yet and i seem to have small difficulties to do so..

i reformated my hard drive, i deleted the 2 xex from flash folder (lhelper.xex and launch.xex if i rember right..), but when i restart my console, yah it boots to original NXE...but i feel (know!) that Dashlaunch is still there in the background taking care of my fan-settings..

can someone please point me to a tuto or tell me how to remove Dashlaunch completly?

thks! :dj:

hi ! and thks for your reply! ;)

well yah thats what i tought..but  it still manage my fans in the background.. i tryed with 3 other xbox and it works okay.. imean, i'm totally able to delete completly Dashlaunch from 3 other xboxs, but not on my main!...i dont know if its related..but the only console i cant uninstall it completly is my Zephyr....... any toughts?

Maybe you could install Dashlaunch, set the fans to their default settings and then remove itm

As far as I'm aware, DashLaunch modifies the SMC Config in "real time" - setting fan speeds to their default values before removing DashLaunch would fix that.

As long as launch.xex and lhelper.xex aren't present on the NAND, DashLaunch plugins and patches won't run.

Why do you need to remove/uninstall it anyway?

oh ok nice to know! thks!! :)

and its actually such a great think! i mean, i needed to remove dashlaunch to test something, but didnt want necessarly to remove the fan setting but i tought i had no choice..but its actually cool that even when no dashlaunch plugins are there, the fan setting stays..i love my Zephyr more then slims and i would never want to leave it with low fan settings !

Well the reason is because i needed to test a mod i did for skyrim that took to much RAM and by removing Dashlaunch it seems i had the little memory i needed to test it (but i think it was more because of the memory tooken by FSD in the background..)..but of course, i re-added it this morning when i was done ! ;)

Anyway, thks a lot for the info! :thumbup:

-Peace.