RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
SupershalloBoy

Aurora freezes at profile selection

Hello,

I'm making this topic because yesterday I've booted (after a long time) my Xbox 360. I've never played with it since I've updated to the latest Aurora firmware, so I've never faced the problem that I'm going to explain:
since yesterday, almost every time that I boot the console Aurora stops working at the profile selection (I can hear a notification sound from the Xbox but I can't see anything because the screen freezes).
I've started to think that it may be a problem with the skin that I've been using for a while (https://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/8838-skins-webos-aurora-07b/&tab=comments#comment-75554) with this latest Aurora update because, whenever I try to go to the skin selection, Aurora freezes (and I can hear the Xbox notification here too).

I was thinking that, maybe, I could try to change the skin to check if that's the problem, but how can I do it? If I delete the skin via FTP Aurora will start with the classic one automatically?

Or maybe the problem can be something else?

Thank you in advance, have a nice day

On 9/13/2022 at 2:33 AM, SupershalloBoy said:

Hello,

I'm making this topic because yesterday I've booted (after a long time) my Xbox 360. I've never played with it since I've updated to the latest Aurora firmware, so I've never faced the problem that I'm going to explain:
since yesterday, almost every time that I boot the console Aurora stops working at the profile selection (I can hear a notification sound from the Xbox but I can't see anything because the screen freezes).
I've started to think that it may be a problem with the skin that I've been using for a while (https://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/8838-skins-webos-aurora-07b/&tab=comments#comment-75554) with this latest Aurora update because, whenever I try to go to the skin selection, Aurora freezes (and I can hear the Xbox notification here too).

I was thinking that, maybe, I could try to change the skin to check if that's the problem, but how can I do it? If I delete the skin via FTP Aurora will start with the classic one automatically?

Or maybe the problem can be something else?

Thank you in advance, have a nice day

i would say it is an issue with the skin.. aurora should load the default if the selected skin is deleted.. you cant use an older skin with a newer release

On 10/3/2022 at 12:49 PM, felida said:

i would say it is an issue with the skin.. aurora should load the default if the selected skin is deleted.. you cant use an older skin with a newer release

Hello, thank you very much for your answer.

Luckily I've already solved the selection of the skin, now I have the default one but unfortunately, sometimes, the Xbox freezes also with this one. I've also noticed that the console never freezes when I play a game or if I do anything else in Aurora or in the default dashboard.

Also I've noticed that I can't connect online anymore, I'll ad an attachment with a screen of the error. I don't have a stealth server (I don't play online) and I didn't change any setting to my connection, the Xbox went online over these two years without any problem.

These are my dashlaunch settings: https://consolemods.org/wiki/Xbox_360:DashLaunch

I've never faced these issues before the latest Aurora update, but I don't know if these are linked to this update...

12 hours ago, SupershalloBoy said:

Hello, thank you very much for your answer.

Luckily I've already solved the selection of the skin, now I have the default one but unfortunately, sometimes, the Xbox freezes also with this one. I've also noticed that the console never freezes when I play a game or if I do anything else in Aurora or in the default dashboard.

Also I've noticed that I can't connect online anymore, I'll ad an attachment with a screen of the error. I don't have a stealth server (I don't play online) and I didn't change any setting to my connection, the Xbox went online over these two years without any problem.

These are my dashlaunch settings: https://consolemods.org/wiki/Xbox_360:DashLaunch

I've never faced these issues before the latest Aurora update, but I don't know if these are linked to this update...

you were never allowed to take a modded console online..

nothing to do with aurora.. 

Wait, I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear: what I meant with "the Xbox went online etc." is that I used it to download from Aurora the titles updates and the games' artworks; I've had both liveblock and livestrong enabled and I've never did anything else "online" (except the FTP, that also doesn't work now).

I've also knew that, if the console was banned, the error would have been in the "Internet -> Xbox Live" section (in the screen).

Do you think that it may really been banned? Is there a way in order to check it?

EDIT: The console says that the error is linked to a DNS problem; I've tried to use the Google ones but the problem persists.

This is the error status:
W: 0000 - 0021
X: 0000 - F001
Y: 0000 - 0000
Z: 8015 - 1903

15 hours ago, SupershalloBoy said:

Wait, I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear: what I meant with "the Xbox went online etc." is that I used it to download from Aurora the titles updates and the games' artworks; I've had both liveblock and livestrong enabled and I've never did anything else "online" (except the FTP, that also doesn't work now).

I've also knew that, if the console was banned, the error would have been in the "Internet -> Xbox Live" section (in the screen).

Do you think that it may really been banned? Is there a way in order to check it?

EDIT: The console says that the error is linked to a DNS problem; I've tried to use the Google ones but the problem persists.

I would definitely try a fresh install of Aurora v0.7b.2. Like delete everything Aurora & install fresh files. Not copy n paste over your existing files. Plus a fresh dashlaunch v3.21 also. Delete all your old launch.ini files & start fresh. 

I haven't had any issues with Aurora v0.7b.2 offline or online etc.

Some plugins via dashlaunch can clash with other plugins or even Aurora NOVA plugin. Check if NOVA is on & unloaded etc. As some plugins mess with NOVA or NOVA is on but it's not working correctly as I've noticed this using afew plugins etc. So it's best to remove them if something is not right like ftp, screenshots or other random stuff

If you want to be able to pull from xbox..com like Backgrounds, banners, icons, title descriptions, video trailers if there avaliable to grab. You need livestrong off via dashlaunch. 

For your kv. Use simple 360 nand flasher app on 360 to get a dump of nand. Then use jrunner to extract nand then grab kv.bin then use a kv checker online/offline tool to see if it's banned.

Thank you for the answer, I've just used kvchecker.com and it confirmed that it's unbanned.

For further confirmation I've also tried to use Keyvault Validator Tool but, if the latest version can't provide me any log (and this happens also with the kv.bin included in the folder with the program files), the the older version of the program gives me an error regarding the DNS; since I have my PC and the Xbox connected to the same network, I'm starting to think that the problem might be really my internet provider, because I've read a thread where an user with the Z: 8015 - 1903 line (in the "error status" that I've posted above) solved this issue with a factory reset of his modem, but I'm having the same problem if I do the hotspot with my phone's connection (I have the same internet provider both for my house and my phone).

Tomorrow or saturday I'll try to reinstall both Aurora and Dashlaunch in order to see if at least the freeze issue will stop; I will also try to connect my PC to another internet provider via hotspot from another phone in order to see if I can bypass that DNS problem: if this will let Keyvault Validator Tool work then I'll check if the Xbox can connect to this other phone.

If anyone have any other ideas please share it, because I can't find any other informations on the web regarding these issues.

EDIT: I've tried to connect both my PC and the Xbox to the hotspot of a phone with another internet provider, unfortunately I've had the same issues noted above

Edited by SupershalloBoy

On 10/5/2022 at 6:02 AM, SupershalloBoy said:

ok, you DO NOT attempt to connect to live via the stock dash.. lol..

2nd:

for artwork and such, disable livestrong

3rd: for your internal network of FTP not working.. set your connections to AUTO instead of MANUAL.. you probably have some old settings and that is your issue with that..

On 10/16/2022 at 9:13 AM, felida said:

ok, you DO NOT attempt to connect to live via the stock dash.. lol..

2nd:

for artwork and such, disable livestrong

3rd: for your internal network of FTP not working.. set your connections to AUTO instead of MANUAL.. you probably have some old settings and that is your issue with that..

Ok, I've tried to disable livestrong but nothing has changed; I've also tried to disable liveblock but I couldn't download anything anyway. Also, my connections are all in AUTO.

I've noticed that, only once, the console connected to internet because downloaded the time from the network.
What else I should try?

For the freezes: it seems that they were connected to a problem with the memory unit; I've transferred everything that I had in the MU to the main HD and now I don't get any freeze (my profiles where in the MU and, sometimes, the console couldn't read the MU).

EDIT: I don't know why but now everything works... I didn't change any setting... Well, it's better this way.