RealModScene
mjr_awesome

Change/remap button action in Aurora

I'm new to XBOX360 modding and I was wondering if it were possible to change/remap button actions in Aurora. Specifically, I would like to see game details (and a close-up of the cover) when I press A rather than launch the game directly with A. Perhaps then use Y to launch the game directly instead. So, basically swap A and Y button action. Is this possible and if so what would be the easiest way to achieve this?

Many thanks to this entire community for keeping the 360 scene alive.

38 minutes ago, mjr_awesome said:

I'm new to XBOX360 modding and I was wondering if it were possible to change/remap button actions in Aurora. Specifically, I would like to see game details (and a close-up of the cover) when I press A rather than launch the game directly with A. Perhaps then use Y to launch the game directly instead. So, basically swap A and Y button action. Is this possible and if so what would be the easiest way to achieve this?

Many thanks to this entire community for keeping the 360 scene alive.

Not sure what your saying is. You can move the cover around left, right forward & backwards using the left thumb stick etc. 

Y button takes you directly into that game, shows synopsis, backgrounds, videos, trainers, dlc, title updates & many other features etc.

If you want to make your own custom coverflow the Aurora team have released a coverflow editor to build how you want your coverflow to look like

8 hours ago, KiwiMeoWii said:

Not sure what your saying is.

Currently if you press A in Aurora the game that is currently selected will launch. I want to change this behavior so that when I press A it shows me a close-up of the cover and game details, not launch the game.

I'm aware that FSD is doing exactly that. However, it's no longer maintained or recommended. Also, I like other aspects of Aurora.

I'm aware that I can press Y to do this. However, the button A is the "default", "main" button for me, so I would want the default action to be what I described. It is more natural for me to first get a close-up of the cover / see game details, installed updates, etc., and only then launch the game. Kinda like when you have games on your shelf, you pick one, have a look at the cover / back and only then decide if you want to play it or not. ATM, I keep launching games by accident because of this button configuration... 

Can I made this happen with the coverflow editor? If so, I'd appreciate a link (so I'm sure that I get the correct file) and any tips about how to remap those buttons. Thanks.

12 hours ago, mjr_awesome said:

Currently if you press A in Aurora the game that is currently selected will launch. I want to change this behavior so that when I press A it shows me a close-up of the cover and game details, not launch the game.

I'm aware that FSD is doing exactly that. However, it's no longer maintained or recommended. Also, I like other aspects of Aurora.

I'm aware that I can press Y to do this. However, the button A is the "default", "main" button for me, so I would want the default action to be what I described. It is more natural for me to first get a close-up of the cover / see game details, installed updates, etc., and only then launch the game. Kinda like when you have games on your shelf, you pick one, have a look at the cover / back and only then decide if you want to play it or not. ATM, I keep launching games by accident because of this button configuration... 

Can I made this happen with the coverflow editor? If so, I'd appreciate a link (so I'm sure that I get the correct file) and any tips about how to remap those buttons. Thanks.

No I think the A button is hard coded in. So your stuck with it. I've never had this problem while browsing Aurora as A is default to launch anything is why A button does what its supposed to do. The coverflow editor only allows you to make your own custom coverflows to how you want it. 

I don't think the team will change the button configurations as that means an update. Which will mean all the other skins that work with v0.7b.1 & 2 skins won't work at all. So your stuck with the A button. 

You could possibly make your own custom skin for Aurora but I think the A Button is coded in. But I could be wrong tho. As I've only built skins around the default.xzp. I haven't gone fully blown on changing the button configuration etc. As I'm still new to how you make changes in the default.xzp skin I only know the basics

As you will need to modify the A button to what the Y button does which opens the in-game gui menu for the games & many other things. then you will need to modify the other xui/xur files associated with the A & Y buttons. Sounds like a big hassle to me.